Peppermint oil scalp energizer....WOW!!!

Babygurl

I bought a small bottle of peppermint oil to add to my conditioner and while searching the internet I found a recipe for a scalp energizer on Motown Girl's website. I love it already. The recipe is simple 2 drops of peppermint oil (although I used a bit more) and 6 oz of water, put in a water bottle and spritz on the scalp I love this recipe!!! It feels WONDERFUL!!!
Here's the link http://motowngrl.8m.net/recipes.htm

Babygurl

Peppermint oil is a scalp stimulant, it encourgaes growth...it has the same benefits as a scalp massage. It tingles and it feels wonderful and also smells good.

Nonie

I use it as one of the ingredients of my pre-shampoo overnight oil treatment for the days I plan to use LeKair for my deep conditioning I could use it for my UBH Conditioner days too but I don't deem it necessary since UBH has peppermint in it and does give you that wonderful tingling sensation.

northernbelle

Not to be a wet blanket re: the wonders of peppermint oil. However, it has the potential of making an existing scalp condition worse, so be careful.

northernbelle

mystiquesista

I use about 30 drops each of peppermint and rosemary essential oil in water and spritz on my hair at least once a day. Then I take a vibrating brush and apply it to my scalp for extra stimulation.Do you think that this is too much?

Babygurl

I also think it depends on the amount of water...in my mixture is says use two drops but I use about 6...I mixed that with 6 oz of water and I still felt a tingle so it doesnt take much....too much of peppermint can burn the scalp