Motions Neutralizing Conditioner - Salon Herbals

Shaley

Has Anyone Used This??

I plan on relaxing my hair this weekend with Lady Velvet Relaxer and was wondering if I could use this before the neutralizing shampoo??

(I heard that you should use a conditioner after the relaxer and then the neutralizing shampoo)

Is it ok to use two different product lines?? :confused:

CoCoEspresso

I used it at my last touchup and I would say that it is pretty good. I used ORS lye relaxer, and used other product lines for my conditioning and neutralizing. It smells good, has good slip, but I cannot be too sure of my results with it. I always just feel more comfortable with a neutralizing shampoo because of the color code. I just used it for added assurance. I will use it at my next touch up, though.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
CoCoEspresso said:
I used it at my last touchup and I would say that it is pretty good. I used ORS lye relaxer, and used other product lines for my conditioning and neutralizing. It smells good, has good slip, but I cannot be too sure of my results with it. I always just feel more comfortable with a neutralizing shampoo because of the color code. I just used it for added assurance. I will use it at my next touch up, though.

So did you use a neutralizing shampoo at all? Also, did you just use it once or more just to be sure your hair was neutralized?

CoCoEspresso

Yes, I did use a neutralizing shampoo. I used it twice. I let is set for a few minutes, rinsed and repeated. I also used PC. I only used it once, but I let
it sit for a few minutes. Basically, I don't think it was absolutely necessary, but you can never be too cautious when neutralizing.

krissyprissy

Thanks for the posting this. I found this at Sallys in the red line section. I plan on using it it during my next relaxer.

Shaley

CoCoEspresso said:
Yes, I did use a neutralizing shampoo. I used it twice. I let is set for a few minutes, rinsed and repeated. I also used PC. I only used it once, but I let
it sit for a few minutes. Basically, I don't think it was absolutely necessary, but you can never be too cautious when neutralizing.

So did you use the neutralizing shampoo before or after the Motions Neutralizing conditioner??

I bought the neutralizing conditioner today and plan on relaxing tomorrow.

CoCoEspresso

It's been almost 8 weeks...I am trying really hard to remember my order of operations. I really wish that I had written it down.:ohwell: Okay.. I think I rinsed the relaxer, applied Porosity Control, rinsed, applied Motions NC, let sit for a few minutes, rinsed, used Proclaim Neut. poo twice and then used Aphogee Reconstructor. It sounds excessive, but with each step you are gradually lowering the hair's pH and stopping the action of the relaxer.

Shaley

I think thats what I'll do tomorrow....

1. Relaxer
    Neutralizing Conditioner
    Neutralizing Shampoo
    ORS Creamy Aloe
    CON Moisturizing Shampoo
    Deep Condition - ORS MAYO

Shaley

CoCoEspresso said:
Do you think that it's necessary to do 3 shampoos in a row?

Are you stating that I should just neutralize (conditioner & shampoo) and then deep condition immediately after - eliminating the CON moisturizing shampoo?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
CoCoEspresso said:
It's been almost 8 weeks...I am trying really hard to remember my order of operations. I really wish that I had written it down.:ohwell: Okay.. I think I rinsed the relaxer, applied Porosity Control, rinsed, applied Motions NC, let sit for a few minutes, rinsed, used Proclaim Neut. poo twice and then used Aphogee Reconstructor. It sounds excessive, but with each step you are gradually lowering the hair's pH and stopping the action of the relaxer.

Okay, thanks. This really helps. I used to use PC before neutralizing and it definitely helps.

And the steps don't sound excessive. I used to do the exact same thing, except I used the neutralizing shampoo about 4 times.