? about mizani butter blend relaxer

DivaD04

Okay I'm strongly thinking about relaxing again so with that said I have a question: is Mizani's butter blend relaxer a lye or no lye? It say's its a sodium hydroxide.
Please help

glamazon386

It's lye. I believe Sodium Hydroxide is the chemical name for lye. Most of the higher end relaxers are lye. Mizani, Affirm, etc. Most of the box relaxers are No Lye. It should say it on the packaging though.

DivaD04

It's lye. I believe Sodium Hydroxide is the chemical name for lye. Most of the higher end relaxers are lye. Mizani, Affirm, etc. Most of the box relaxers are No Lye. It should say it on the packaging though.

glam thx
i thought so but i wasn't sure, im going to be online shopping soon and the mizani site didn't say lye or no-lye just sodium hydroxide relaxer. and i couldn't remember if that was a lye laxer. thx, i'ma put this into my mental rolodex.

mezzogirl

glam thx
i thought so but i wasn't sure, im going to be online shopping soon and the mizani site didn't say lye or no-lye just sodium hydroxide relaxer. and i couldn't remember if that was a lye laxer. thx, i'ma put this into my mental rolodex.

Sodium hydroxide is lye. It is my opinion that Mizani bb is a very mild lye relaxer.

LaPetiteCoquette

It's lye, but it seems really good. I tried it for the first time on Saturday. My hair is incapable of being bonelaxed :grin: so I don't know if I'm a good indicator. But it did make it straight (according to my hair's standards ... it lays flat down for my bun with a little water and a brush) and it is very soft and not limp at all. Overall, I think it's good and I will use it at least two more times before making a decision about if I want to change. But I won't change unless it makes my hair dry or brittle, because this was the best relaxer I've ever had from a salon (and trust me, it wasn't her technique :nono:).

me-T

i like this relaxer. jus the mention of butter blend on a thread gets my subscription! my ng (and overlapped hair lol) is softer than the rest of it

DivaD04

oh wow, ya'll got me soooo excited. my hair usually respond to relaxers..when the relaxer says straight girl, straight, my hair becomes straight...but those were my no lye days, days of my hair always being hard n dry, w/ no elasticity an dlow porousity. now that i shaved off all of that, i don't want to be natural anymore, i want to try the lye laxers...and after reading about butter blends months again and it's benefits from using it i thought...hrrrm, let's see.

i plan to post my results here

Aggie

oh wow, ya'll got me soooo excited. my hair usually respond to relaxers..when the relaxer says straight girl, straight, my hair becomes straight...but those were my no lye days, days of my hair always being hard n dry, w/ no elasticity an dlow porousity. now that i shaved off all of that, i don't want to be natural anymore, i want to try the lye laxers...and after reading about butter blends months again and it's benefits from using it i thought...hrrrm, let's see.

i plan to post my results here

I look forward to seeing your results too:grin:.

thx...3more days...my fingers are so ready to order...dang, why did i join the no buy challenge. as soon as 12 am hit, i will be on amazon.com

There a couple sellers on Ebay that carry it too. Being overseas I have to get most of my products online. I can't think of my Mizani seller off the top of my head though. I'll be back with the name just so you can compare prices.

DivaD04

There a couple sellers on Ebay that carry it too. Being overseas I have to get most of my products online. I can't think of my Mizani seller off the top of my head though. I'll be back with the name just so you can compare prices.

sailor, okay cool

DivaD04

Atlast I've finally relaxed! Here I have a pict of Jan. 19th's bc and a today's relaxer....I'm going to stick with my relaxed hair from now on.