Mizani Users - In here please!

lana

Okay guys, I usually use No-lye Mizani for sensitive scalp. Well my beauty supply no longer sells it. Instead of ordering online I bought Mizani BUTTER BLEND for sensitive scalp. I remember hearing great things about it. But then I got to wondering, is it No-lye as well? I sure hope so, because it wasn't my intention to switch over to a LYE product. So can someone please help me? Is Mizani butter blend No-lye?

Is there anything I should be aware of before texlaxing my hair? I'm fine with the texlax process. Just need to know if Mizani Butter Blend is going to act differently than the other.

Help please ladies.

sqzbly1908

What the previous poster stated...Mizani just recently came out with the sensitive scalp for the Butter Blends. I personally love the MBB lye relaxer so it would be safe to assume that the no-lye is just as good...

Aggie

I personally advocate Lye relaxers myself. I made the permanent switch over from no-lye to lye over a year ago and I must admit, my hair retains moisture a thousnad times better now. I use Mizani butter blend lye mild strength and it does an awesome job on my hair. Leaves it soft and very manageable, in fact, my hair seems a lot shinier too:yep:.

baddison

natural for good
I agree with you Aggie!! I just relaxed, too, after 3 years natural. For my "virgin" relaxer, I used Mizanin Butter Blends Mild. The butter blends line is a LYE relaxer line. It was the best service I've ever had. I am only six wonderful days post, but my hair is soooo soft. It is not Bone straight...and I LOVE that!! It is silky shiny and smooth. And retains moisture so well. :yep:

shunta

I personally advocate Lye relaxers myself. I made the permanent switch over from no-lye to lye over a year ago and I must admit, my hair retains moisture a thousnad times better now. I use Mizani butter blend lye mild strength and it does an awesome job on my hair. Leaves it soft and very manageable, in fact, my hair seems a lot shinier too:yep:.

Girl, me too. I'm switching to the mild strength BB from the regular strength. And your hair does seem a lot shinier, too. I can tell in your siggy from the part that's relaxed with the lye vs. no-lye. That Mizani BB is good stuff! :yep:

Aggie

Girl, me too. I'm switching to the mild strength BB from the regular strength. And your hair does seem a lot shinier, too. I can tell in your siggy from the part that's relaxed with the lye vs. no-lye. That Mizani BB is good stuff! :yep:

Thanks shunta. Yup, the difference in the shine of my hair is unmistakable since I made the switch from no-lye to lye relaxers. I realize that now with most comparison shots I take of my hair.

ETA: By the way shunta, your hair is gorgeous too.

atlien

I'm so glad this was posted... I just brought the Mizani Butter Blend lye and was searching for reviews...I didn't get anything with my relaxer just the jar.

Aggie

I'm so glad this was posted... I just brought the Mizani Butter Blend lye and was searching for reviews...I didn't get anything with my relaxer just the jar.

I didn't use any of the accompaniments of the MBB relaxer nad still got great results so imagine how my hair would have turned out if I had the whole MBB line:spinning::drunk::lick:!

lana

My Mizani Butter Blends for sensitive scalp was indeed no-lye, thanks ladies for your help. Got me all sorted out, so I relaxed last night, well I texlaxed, but it looks great!

I like the butter blends better - it seems to be more gentl on the hair, goes on like butter (IMO) and it really left my hair soft and moisturized. I'm very happy with it. No burning, no irritation and great, healthy hair. I have no digital camera cord to upload my pics.

I may consider switching to a lye texlax at some point in the future, but my scalp is easily irritated which is why I don't relax and originally went natural.