AAAAAAHHH! GOT MY HAIR IN THE MAIL!

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
FINALLY!!! I ordered my 100% Kanekalon hair from the Hair Super Center....this particular kind: http://hairsupercenter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=hairsupercenter&Product_Code=WAVESWITCH&Category_Code=SBRAID

I ordered 6 packs....2 each of 613, 144 and 27 to be blended together...

I am SOOOOO pleased with the way this hair looks an dfeels! I been trying to get some wavy kanekalon and this site was the only site that I saw that had it! And its sooooo long...I will be cutting it in half...its great! It took a while for them to process and shp the order, but it did arrive and I am pleased! Now if I could only decide on a particlar braid style...........

Oh, are you supposed to pre treat the hair like a day or two before you get it done OR can you do it two weeks before?? I am getting it done on the 27th.

Also...d you treat it with vinegar??? is that what the Hair lady meant to type on her site? it looks like it said "vingar" the last time I read it...

hOnii

[ QUOTE ]
PittGirl06 said:
FINALLY!!! I ordered my 100% Kanekalon hair from the Hair Super Center....this particular kind: http://hairsupercenter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=hairsupercenter&Product_Code=WAVESWITCH&Category_Code=SBRAID

I ordered 6 packs....2 each of 613, 144 and 27 to be blended together...

I am SOOOOO pleased with the way this hair looks an dfeels! I been trying to get some wavy kanekalon and this site was the only site that I saw that had it! And its sooooo long...I will be cutting it in half...its great! It took a while for them to process and shp the order, but it did arrive and I am pleased! Now if I could only decide on a particlar braid style...........

Oh, are you supposed to pre treat the hair like a day or two before you get it done OR can you do it two weeks before?? I am getting it done on the 27th.

Also...d you treat it with vinegar??? is that what the Hair lady meant to type on her site? it looks like it said "vingar" the last time I read it...

[/ QUOTE ]

since the hair is curly, i wouldnt pre-treat it like usual. you probably could without losing the curl but idk, since when you pretreat you do it in hot water, that may make the hair straight.

the hair is pretty, looks like it'll tangle in a few weeks though.

PittGirl06

I was going to pre-treat the way that www.growafrohairlong.com sugges...it says to soak it in some water with vinegar? Also says to spray it with some braid spray once its totally dray hang to dry)...

I hope it does not tangle...that woudl stink. I am not sure how I want it...I wonder what types of syles have the LEAST tangles when using wavy hair?

Shatani

i dont really see where she talks about the pretreat...im wondering, what is the point of the pretreat?? what does it do for your hair and what does it do for the fake hair??

Shatani

she still doesnt say WHY you should pretreat in this way....does anyone know the answer??? im gonna go read it again and see if i missed it!
~T~

PittGirl06

yeah, I dont remember seeing why to pretreat it....that may require a whole new post...she takes forever to respond to emails...

hOnii

[ QUOTE ]
PittGirl06 said:
yeah, I dont remember seeing why to pretreat it....that may require a whole new post...she takes forever to respond to emails...

[/ QUOTE ]

pretreating kanekalon hair makes it sooooo much easier to work with. its silkier and more moisturized. you can definately feel the difference. i find that this is the case with the braiding hair. i wouldnt pre-treat hair thats already curly though.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
That's the kind of hair I used to use for my tree braids. Only thing, they sell it at a BSS 3 miles from my house and it costs $3.99. They have it in all colors.

Aalize

To remove the chemicals and dyes used to make the hair the way it is.

[ QUOTE ]
Shatani said:
she still doesnt say WHY you should pretreat in this way....does anyone know the answer??? im gonna go read it again and see if i missed it!
~T~

[/ QUOTE ]

whoop727

The hair lady says to pre-treat the hair to get the Ph level down of the hair. She says it is higher than real hair which is like 4.0-4.5 i think.

I have pre treated with the vinegar and water and there was an aweful ucky film that came off the hair. I am glad I did it.

Hope that helps.

MJ

In her video, she said pretreating removes the alkaline base from the hair. I did it before I braided my hair and the water was cloudy and white after 15 minutes.