A little advice

smwrigh3

When is it ok for you tell someone about their regimen?

the facts:

I am NL/SL my finial goal is APL

She is Chin Length her final goal is MBL

We HAD the same hair care regimen and both our hair was breaking off! I am a member of course can up here to figure out y? once I found out I switched it up! But my roommate hasn't changed and her hair is still breaking off.. when I tell her about my she says her hair is breaking off and she needs as much protein as she can get. but according to my research her hair is breaking off from 2 much protein! all her products are Aphogee. our last wash day I had no breaking and she still had the same amount. she uses oil but no moisturizer... I don't know what say to her but I feel it is my job as her friend to say something! :ohwell:
I know my hair is not perfect nor is my regimen, I just wanna try and help her..

All advice will be considered .. thank you

Eclass215

Tell her what you've learned and tried and what's working for you. Even if she can't see the progress herself, she would only be hurting herself not to try something different. Tell her you've been reading up on some things so she doesn't think you just pulled this info out of thin air!

smwrigh3

Tell her what you've learned and tried and what's working for you. Even if she can't see the progress herself, she would only be hurting herself not to try something different. Tell her you've been reading up on some things so she doesn't think you just pulled this info out of thin air!

thank you... I think I will just tell indirectly tell her by talking about myself..

msa

if you've read sistaslick's article on protein/moisture balance you could say "i read this article about hair you might find interesting..." and introduce her to it that way.

Actually, you could do that in an email lol. Sistaslick's articles are really helpful though. Maybe she'll receive the information better that way because Sistaslick has beautiful hair herself.

smwrigh3

if you've read sistaslick's article on protein/moisture balance you could say "i read this article about hair you might find interesting..." and introduce her to it that way.

Actually, you could do that in an email lol. Sistaslick's articles are really helpful though. Maybe she'll receive the information better that way because Sistaslick has beautiful hair herself.[/quote

Your right! I think I going to be like.. "girl look what I found or something".. lol.. I normally wouldn't be in her business but I share a bathroom with her and she is losing hair in massive amounts!

Last edited:

msa

your right!!! I just didn't know her name or anything! but I will do so... but the reason I made a thread is b/c I used lots of advice of all of the members so I just wanted to spread my joy! Lol.. maybe that was a newbie move!! :wallbash: But I am PM Sistaslick right now! :spinning:

I can understand that. The reason I suggested the article is because I think it's a good starting point that won't overwhelm her. That way she'll have all the basic info about protein/moisture (that most ppl on the board use) and then she can search the forum for more info if she wants to.

The links are also in Sistaslick's signature I think.

It's really nice that you're eager to help your friend. Just remember if she's not open to it, it's best to just let it be.

yuriko

You should just go on and tell her indirectly, start by telling how how your hair stopped breaking and what you did to get the results. She will be happy for you and curious to know what you are doing. If she doesn't listen to you now, believe me, when your hair keeps growing, she might be even more interested

smwrigh3

I can understand that. The reason I suggested the article is because I think it's a good starting point that won't overwhelm her. That way she'll have all the basic info about protein/moisture (that most ppl on the board use) and then she can search the forum for more info if she wants to.

The links are also in Sistaslick's signature I think.

It's really nice that you're eager to help your friend. Just remember if she's not open to it, it's best to just let it be.

I misunderstood what u were..saying But I cleared it up... sry for the mix up and uber thanks for you advice