A How to Detangl Afro hair on YouTube

luckiestdestiny

Interesting. I'm natural. It shows different things work for different people. I detangle wet w/ conditioner and in sections and from the ends up. But to each their own. I never have that much hair in my comb after detangling but again each person is different. I'd be interested to see if she retains and grows (as she seems to be interested in growing hair from the way she was talking in the video) hair, or if it stays the same length (from snapping off the ends). I could be wrong and it just works for her. Her fro looks nice and thick, and full, though. Thanks for the vids, its good to see what everyone else is up to.

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

I can only detangle starting from the ends. If I started from my roots the comb would go no further than where I first placed it.

I watched one of her very first videos and it was funny when she said people wanted to take pictures with her because of her big afro, lol.

Thanks for posting.

*Happily Me*

she's pretty with gorgeous hair. but i didn't see any knots and tangles at all.

i should do a detangling video. you'll see me detangle some dreads! lol

tocktick

I think her hair looks great - very thick and big!

She said in her video that she has not combed for 2 weeks, so that may well explain how much hair she had in her comb. Imo, I think where combing is concerned there is room for different techniques. I know I can sometimes comb just fine on oiled her, I've also used a fine-toothed comb with no problems and I've combed from root to tip now and again. Considering she seems to always have her hair out, her hair looks healthy and thick. She also said she trims it back to the same length in her comments section, so it's probably growing.

Honestly, the only time I ever become a bit doubtful about someone's regimen (if they're on YouTube) is when they use a ton of heat frequently. As for all other aspects, different strokes for different folks.

luckiestdestiny

I think her hair looks great - very thick and big!

She said in her video that she has not combed for 2 weeks, so that may well explain how much hair she had in her comb.
Imo, I think where combing is concerned there is room for different techniques. I know I can sometimes comb just fine on oiled her, I've also used a fine-toothed comb with no problems and I've combed from root to tip now and again. Considering she seems to always have her hair out, her hair looks healthy and thick. She also said she trims it back to the same length in her comments section, so it's probably growing.

Honestly, the only time I ever become a bit doubtful about someone's regimen (if they're on YouTube) is when they use a ton of heat frequently. As for all other aspects, different strokes for different folks.

OOOOH! Her accent, I probably didn't make that part out. OKAY. That makes MUCH moresense.

aquajoyice

Interesting. I'm natural. It shows different things work for different people. I detangle wet w/ conditioner and in sections and from the ends up. But to each their own. I never have that much hair in my comb after detangling but again each person is different. I'd be interested to see if she retains and grows (as she seems to be interested in growing hair from the way she was talking in the video) hair, or if it stays the same length (from snapping off the ends). I could be wrong and it just works for her. Her fro looks nice and thick, and full, though. Thanks for the vids, its good to see what everyone else is up to.
Yeah it is really different, I always start from the bottom up as well. So it's an interesting take on how someone else manages it. I think she said she had washed her hair so it was probably still damp. But I usually detangle with a ton of conditioner while soaking.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Her detangling process must be those with silkier strands. There is no way my naps would make it through her pointers in one piece.

Anyway, pretty girl, pretty hair.