4A/B Natural Using Maxiglide Results: Youtube Video

BrownSkin2

She did a good job with it. I have a maxiglide that I've never used. I think I will try it out this weekend. Thanks for the video!

hopeful

Her hair looks a lot like mine. I think I might have to break down and get that darned Maxiglide. Her hair came out really pretty.

magviv

Okay, I'm convinced! Now that I've gone texlaxed I am going to take my 20% off coupon to bed, bath, and beyond and purchase my maxiglide.

ricochet

Yes, that maxiglide is the truth...her hair is so healthy! Looking at it in the afro puffs you can just "see" the health of it thru the computer screen. :)

tkj25

loved her video! and yes the maxiglide is the truth. i had to snatch up the maxi & the miniglide. :grin::grin::drunk:

Jetblackhair

That video was great. I liked how she started smiling once her hair was straight and the music switched over to Mary J. Blige.

Fine 4s

Love it!
What about heat damage? Do you get less with the maxiglide, anyone know? I'm paranoid about this ladies.

I like hair with volume just like this. I don't want bone straight hair.

Thank you for this vid....

scarcity21

im sooooooooooooooo tempted to buy this iron but that steam burst is whats scaring th heck out of me...can someone tell me how that steam thingy works. wouldnt it cause ur hairshaft to form bubbles midshaft eventually leading to some kinda damage???

lnana04

This video makes me kind of miss when my hair was that length. It was so much easier to manage and a lot healthier.

scarcity21

im sooooooooooooooo tempted to buy this iron but that steam burst is whats scaring th heck out of me...can someone tell me how that steam thingy works. wouldnt it cause ur hairshaft to form bubbles midshaft eventually leading to some kinda damage???

can some1 answer this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^pretty pls????????

TrustMeLove

I don't think the water has penetrated the shaft that quickly to cause any damage. If you put the iron on too high of a temp that will cause bubbles to form and shaft damage. But, that is with any iron. Remember water boils at 100C. So the water inside the hair shaft would boil and cause shaft damage.

ETA: I think that all flat irons cause damage. Especially if the iron is too hot. Essentially if you are boiling the hair from within everytime you flat iron if the iron goes above 100C or 212F. I think that is why it is essential to your hair health to use heat protectants.

I'm not a flat iron experiment far from it. But, with the bit of research I have done, before purchasing a flat iron for my natural hair, this is what I have determined thus far.

Last edited:

Jaelin

I've used mine twice since getting it and used steam burst. I didn't notice any problems with my hair.

I didn't get my hair as straight as I wanted, but my hair resists everything, and I didn't have the products he sell with it. The next time I use it I plan to buy them and see if my results are better.

LayneJ

Wow, she has some beautiful hair! I like how it looked pressed out, but I was loving her puffs in the beginning of the video.