A Good Leave-in and Moisturizer-Suggestions Please!

deusa80

So I'm looking for a good leave-in and moisturizer. I've never really used a leave-in before, so I'm not sure what to look for.

I tried out wave nouveau moisturizing finishing lotion for the past 2 weeks as my moisturizer and have been using castor oil as a sealer... I'm not sure if I like this combo, so I'm looking for any other suggestions.

I'm thinking of trying coconut oil as a sealer... the castor oil seems a bit too heavy sometimes, or maybe I'm just applying too much!

Any suggestions would be great... thanks.

soulie

I usually use Lacio Lacio when I'm rollersetting, and Nexxus Headdress with a little coconut oil mixed in otherwise.

lilsparkle825

most of the time i use GVP leave-in (generic paul mitchell the conditioner), it's really good. to moisturize i use an oldie but goody, BB castor oil moisturizer, as well as coconut oil in warmer months or miss jessie's baby buttercreme.

Last edited:

JDandBeyond

Leave in: lacio lacio :lick:
Moisturizer: neutrogena triple moisture :lick:

When I use castor oil I usually mix it with something else like olive oil to make it a little less thick.

JessCNU

I love "The Conditioner" by Paul Mitchell as a Leave in. You only need to use a little bit and it works wonders. I use coconut oil to seal but I don't need that much since i've been using this leave in because it works so well :)

JDandBeyond

Where do you purchase lacio lacio? Online or in a bss?

You can get it online (i think sickbay and/or bluebeez sells it). I recently saw it in a local asian beauty supply store a few weeks ago. I would do a google search and find the best price. I think I paied 9 or 10 bucks for mine. HTH.

sprungonhairboards

My new favorite leave in. I LOVE this stuff. It's really light, it smells great and it's a great moisturizer on wet and dry hair. And it's cheap, about $3. I get it at Walmart. I got tired of ordering my favorites online and tried something new. I'm so glad I did. Makes my hair really soft

Attachments

• 367371.jpg
    367371.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 19

JDandBeyond

My new favorite leave in. I LOVE this stuff. It's really light, it smells great and it's a great moisturizer on wet and dry hair. And it's cheap, about $3. I get it at Walmart. I got tired of ordering my favorites online and tried something new. I'm so glad I did. Makes my hair really soft

Beautiful hair!

deusa80

So you use this as a leave in and as your moisturizer? Your hair looks great!

Georgia_Curly

I should give you my bottle because it doesnt work well with IC Fantasia gel. I put the leave in on my hair then the IC Fantasia gel. As soon as I did that little bitty white greenish balls appeared in my hair:eek2:. It took me a few minutes to get it out. It didnt do anything for my hair.:nono:I wont buy this again

naturalpride

I use Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner as a leave in and it makes my hair soft and moisturised even when it drys.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

I just bought this today from the BSS to try out! Glad you like it. I bought the gel too. We'll see what happens...

newflowers

I use Phyto7 for my leave in moisturizer (and it detangles well too) and seal with camellia oil. This combination works excellently for me.

sillygirl82

Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In. I buy it at Ulta and I've seen it at Rite Aid.
Moisturizer: Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. A lot of folks hate her products but this works so well for me.