Good water-based moisturizer/leave in

innerbeautyy

Hey y'all,

I'm having the hardest time trying to find a good water-based moisturizer or leave-in. I recently purchased ORS hair lotion and Cantu Shea Butter leave-in cream and my hair was so weighed down.

What I've been using is diluted HE HH with Aloe Vera Juice and a mix of oils and it leaves my hair soft for like maybe 2 hours and then my hair feels dry. I was thinking about purchasing NTM but I'm not sure.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

TheMenAllPause

Try the Giovanni Direct leave in or some of the Smooth as Silk conditioner as a leave in. They are a good moisturizer but they aren't heavy.

SimJam

Hawiian silky 14 in 1 is also a good waterbased moisturizer. Its also glycerine based like S curl

Misseyl

I am using ORS moisturizer too and my hair does not like it. What I've been using is Profectiv Healthy Ends. It moisturizes my hair and prevent it from breaking. The ORS left too much hair in my comb.

lamaria211

My hair is not really picky I like
Aveeno Nourishing Leave in Treatment
Silk Elements Megasilk leave in Cream
Giovanni Direct leave in
Nexxus Humectress

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Lavish Curls Moisturizer
African Pride Shea Butter Miracle
Palmers Coconut Oil hair milk
Wave Nouveau Finishing Mist
Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion
S-Curl
Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter
Giovanni Direct Leave In (just bought it today and I love it)
Neurogena Triple Moisture silk touch leave in

These are all my staples. I'm relaxed

BadMamaJama

I use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave In. I put that in while hair is wet and don't use a moisturizer until my hair is dry. I'm relaxed and I also use it for dd's natural hair. I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel like I put a moisturizer on it before I do. Sometimes I just leave my Aussie Moist in my hair and I still get great results. Have you tried leaving your HH in without the extras? It might make the difference.

For my moisturizers I use
SCurl
Hairveda Whipped Ends
Profectiv Anti Breakage (protein)
Hairveda Red Tea Satin Moisturizer

For my hair, relaxed or natural, I found it important to use a leave in, then a moisturizer.

innerbeautyy

BadMamaJama said:
I use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave In. I put that in while hair is wet and don't use a moisturizer until my hair is dry. I'm relaxed and I also use it for dd's natural hair. I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel like I put a moisturizer on it before I do. Sometimes I just leave my Aussie Moist in my hair and I still get great results. Have you tried leaving your HH in without the extras? It might make the difference.

For my moisturizers I use
SCurl
Hairveda Whipped Ends
Profectiv Anti Breakage (protein)
Hairveda Red Tea Satin Moisturizer

For my hair, relaxed or natural, I found it important to use a leave in, then a moisturizer.

No, I haven't. I may try that, thanks so much.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
PinkSunshine77 what is your sulfur mix composed of? Thank you!

1 heaping TSP(teaspoon) of sublimed sulfur aka flowers of sulfur
6 oz of JBCO
2 oz of Grapeseed oil
a couple drops of Peppermint, Lavendar, Sweet Almond & Tea Tree Oil

:) I change up the oils everytime I make a new batch. 8oz usually lasts me 2 months and I'm seeing a huge difference in the softness & length of my hair. Just make sure if you make it, it's 8oz of carrier oil like EVOO, JBCO, regular Castor oil etc. to the teaspoon of sublimed sulfur. I add the Essential oils to mask the smell. It isn't so bad, but this makes it smell a lot better.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I just bought Giovanni Direct Leave In. This is officially the only leave ill ever use again. Surely can double as a Moisturizer. I got it from Target.

innerbeautyy

PinkSunshine77 said:
I just bought Giovanni Direct Leave In. This is officially the only leave ill ever use again. Surely can double as a Moisturizer. I got it from Target.

I've always wanted to try Neutrogena Triple Moisture. How is that?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
innerbeautyy said:
I've always wanted to try Neutrogena Triple Moisture. How is that?

I love this one. It's very light and the only thing is my Hair sucks it right up. It comes in these small bottles. Over the past year, I've probably bought 10-15 bottles of triple moisture. I need to buy it in bulk.

pookaloo83

PinkSunshine77 said:

Makes my hair hard as a rock. Got a whole new bottle. Guess I'll give it to my sister.

Sent From Mah Phone

KinkyGenius

Ingredients: De-ionized Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Butryospermum Parkii (Unrefined Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol and Coco-Glucoside strong>(Vegetable-based Emulsifier) , Persea Gratissima (Avocado Seed) oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Quaternium-79, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed wheat Protein, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Seed) oil, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate (Vegetable-based Conditioner) , Hydroxypropyl Starch (Vegetable-based Conditioner) , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenethyl Alcohol and Ethylhexylglycerin (Paraben Free Preservative), Essential Oils, Polyacrylate-15, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Chamomile, Nettle & Horsetail Extracts

You can get this on the ground at Target or order it online directly through the merchant. Another good one is Oyin's Hair Dew.