a fight with my hair

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I shampooed & conditioned last night & sometimes when I comb through the wet hair, I make a knot in my hair some kind of way. I did this last night--not a huge not or anything, but about 7 strands none the less. The easy thing to do would be to give up on those 7 strands and just pull all of those hairs out or to go get some scissors and just cut the knot out, but I like the challenge. I am usually successful if I just pull the hair strands out of the knot one by one. They don't break or anything. But last night, I couldn't get the last 2 strands out of the knot. I almost went for the scissors but then I got a bright idea! I reached for one of my serums (Joico K-Pak serum) for the silicone. I thought this might make it slippery enough to come undone. So I applied a drop of serum directly to the knot & tried pulling the hairs out of the knot again and BAM! the hairs just floated out of the knot

Good luck to you if you've ever had to deal with this or will have to in the future. If I've saved one strand of hair (mine or yours) then my job is done

shinyblackhair

I'm so bad about this! A lot of time I'll just tear through the knot, I'm so impatient sometimes. I'm trying to catch myself though.

AFashionSlave

Go head girl. Drop kick those knots.

I started to use brushes instead of combs and I have not had any problem with tangled hair since I've been brushing. I use the Denman D4 and I use my Jilbere (JBEG03) brush. I believe that brushes are best knot fighters ever. Brushes slide easily through my nappy hair when it's wet or dry.

A_Christian

Thanks for the advice. When I have a knot I usually spray it with water then try to untangle it with my fingers. Even if it's only 2 strands, I can't stand to lose a hair that isn't ready to shed yet, lol. :)