A ?? before I make a mistake...

lovelymissyoli

Before I make a mistake can you ladies let me know any experiences you have had or heard of with the African Pride Hi Lites kit? I recently purchased the “Senegal Sunset” kit and wanted to know if I’m making the right decision in putting this stuff on my hair or should I stay away from it? TIA.

Someone on the board can't remember who said her hair broke off badly where she put the highlights, I've heard the color is too harsh.

i had the blonde flavor as a permed head..worked well for me and i wasnt even into hair back then...its the best brand to me for getting the results u want

I've used it in the past and it is very HARSH. It turned my hair darn near white blond.... I would suggest for highlights, go to Sally's and buy one of the highlighting pull-through caps and then buy a haircolor like Texture and Tones and highlight your hair with that....

OH /images/graemlins/shocked.gif...wow...I wonder if I can take this stuff back and buy something different. Can you use Texture & Tones on hair that has been relaxed for 2 weeks?

Yep, most hair color suggests waiting about 2 weeks after relaxing. I think LorraineG has used the highlighting kit as well---you may want to check with her to see how it worked for her....

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, most hair color suggests waiting about 2 weeks after relaxing. I think LorraineG has used the highlighting kit as well---you may want to check with her to see how it worked for her....

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure did. I won't ever use it again (well ask me that next summer when I'm dying for color). I used it sparingly. The highlights turned out awesome but the breakage...ouch. The first few months were great but then my ends split and later turned green. I had to go auburn just to save my hair. I would advise going with something less harsh and using a highlighting cap to create the look you want.

Thank you ladies for your help. You saved my hair. I’m going to return this stuff to the store and just get some Jazzings since my cellophane is gone now. I’ll color my hair (highlights) in December.

Back