4bs Using Revlon's Realistic Relaxer

I have 4a/4b hair that is fine. I would like to use Revlon's Realistic Relaxer, but I'm wondering how long to leave it on. I don't want to be "bone straight", but I do want my hair to be straight and I'm not going for a texturized look right now (I'm completely natural).

Specifically for 4b/kinky curly girls, if you use this same relaxer, how long do you leave it on? Thank you. :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I don't think that relaxer is good for bone strait. I used to use that relaxer as a means to texlax. When I tried to relax bone strait, it just would not do it. I left it on my hair for 20 minutes and still was texlaxed.:rolleyes: Personally, it is the best relaxer I've ever used because my hair was not damaged at all with it. Let me get out of this thread before I change my mind about transitioning.:lachen:

prospurr4

I'm 4b and have been using Revlon Realistic Lye, in Regular, for years. I love that it's easy to find, inexpensive, produces consistent results.

First, I used it to relax my hair straight. I left it on for about 25 minutes. Now I use it to texlax...I leave it on for up to 12 minutes.

Thank you, ladies. This is actually the relaxer I used initially (years ago) and my hair was pretty awesome (both my sister and I used it with excellent results. I purchased four of the regular and one mild. I'll probably use the mild along my hairline, or dilute the regular with a bit of EVOO.