Help Help Help...Revlon Realistic

CheerBear

As I mentioned in a previous post, I will soon be getting a touch up...I have the Revlon Realistic regular lye system...from posts I've been going through and reading this is a very very strong relaxer, so this has me scared...I've been being nice to my hair and it has increased elasticity and all that good stuff, but I'm afraid that the Revlon is going to eat my hair up...I did a strand test, and at 12 minutes the curl was significantly gone but the hair had lost almost all elasticity..for those who have used this product that have 4a/4b fine to medium hair, how long to do leave the relaxer on including application and smoothing...or is smoothing even necessary forreal with this????

I use mild to combat this problem and I leave it in for about 15 minutes including the smoothing. The regular is too strong for my 4a medium testure hair.

I know you were asking for fine to medium but i had to post. i'm 4ab with thick strands, but i have to agree with DSD to please use Mild if at all possible. I have thick hair and the Revlon Professional Mild gets my hair way straight and this is with me moving quickly during the application. i keep it in from beginning to end 15-17 minutes (this time includes smoothing). So i know you already purchased the regular but think about using the mild
smile.gif
-- jainygirl

I use Regular to texturize. I leave it in for 25-30 minutes or so and I still have texture in my hair. I started out using Regular, then switched to mild. I decided that I liked the look of the hair that I relaxed with Regular better, so I am using that again. It's not a strong relaxer IMO, but I don't think I'm the norm.

I used Revlon last year and it caused my hair to break badly. I was doing really well prior to using it. I would buy the most mild formula that you could find. My elasticity is gone and my hair has been suffering for it. I looked back in my calendar and my breakage started after using that brand relaxer. I have 4a/b hair.

i think this relaxer is the culprit for thinning my hair out and i use the mild formula. affirm also started thinning my hair out. i think i'll start using straight request again.

Back