4b relaxed ladies - let's talk moisture

Innocent_Kiss

So, I posted my current regimen and asked for any suggestions. I think I have a pretty good regimen, it just completely LACKED MOISTURE! I did a search and came up with a list of a trillion moisturizers. I figured I could narrow it down by asking ladies with the same hair texture as mine for suggestions. What do you use for daily moisturizing? Coping the entire KeraCare line seems great, but I'm open for a more economical alternative.

Does your style depend on what type of moisurizer? For instance, if you're wearing a rollerwrap/wash and set, do you use a certain type of moisturizer (like cream versus oil or watery) that you would if you were wearing a strawset or braid out or a more texturized style?

Thanks!!!! :) :)

Deep conditon with maybe keracare humecto under the dryer at least once a week. Ors has the olive in the jar cost about $6. You can start with maybe moisturizing twice a day and seal with any oil. Another good one is the ors carrot oil in the jar. I do not know much about hair types, but this should work on any hair that need moisture! hth.

Alisha08

Deep conditon with maybe keracare humecto under the dryer at least once a week. Ors has the olive in the jar cost about $6. You can start with maybe moisturizing twice a day and seal with any oil. Another good one is the ors carrot oil in the jar. I do not know much about hair types, but this should work on any hair that need moisture! hth.

Hey everyone. I have a question because i think i am a little confused about sealants and moisturizers. I just bought some Elasta QP Mango Butter moisturizer (which smells delicious if i might add) and some of the ORS carrot oil today in the jar and is the carrot oil a sealant or a moisturizer? Because I thought it to be the sealant, I just want to be sure i'm doing this right, lol.

Alisha08

OT: Alisha08, your hair is so purty!

oobrittany, thank you so much!! That made me smile :grin:, all i can say is girl i'm trying. lol What moisturizers and sealants are you currently using if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to build up my regimen...

I use the Elasta QP Mango Butter as a moisturizer because it is water based. I seal with Keracare essential oil. I only apply the Mango Butter to my ends (last three inches).

Diya

If I'm wearing a straight style where I want my hair to stay light and bouncy, then I moisturize daily with Neutrogena Silk Touch leave in. It's creamy but not heavy and does not maky my hair greasy or weighed down. If I'm airdried and wearing say, a braidout, my hair will dry out very easily if I don't use avocado butter to moisturize. I will usually also seal with something light like avocado oil. This keeps my hair soft and supple if I reapply every 2 days or so :yep: Hope this helps!

Cayenne0622

Elasta QP Oil Recovery Moisturizer and NTM are the main two that I use. I also have Aveda. I think my hair is more 4a than anything but these moisturizers should work on any 4 heads.

Innocent_Kiss

I need an immediate change, and all I have right now is StaySofFro Rubon moisturizer which I'm going to seal with EVOO. Thanks for the references ladies!

gymfreak336

What leave in are you using. I have a horriblly itchy scalp and sometimes I have to use tar shampoo which should be named super dry shampoo because it dries me out like you wouldn't believe. I deep conditioner after I use it for atleast and hour and I use sunsilk straighten up leave in cream. This stuff is a lifesaver and moisturizes my hair wonderfully. I use it to rollerset and no matter what shampoo or conditioner I used, my hair comes out super soft. I also spray my wet hair on rollers with just a little oil sheen before I sit under the dryer. I also second the ORS Olive oil cream. I have also use elasta recovery and it worked well too.

If you go to the elasta website you can get some samples. They sent me a nice little packet that had the mango butter and recovery moisturizer in it.

Innocent_Kiss

What leave in are you using. I have a horriblly itchy scalp and sometimes I have to use tar shampoo which should be named super dry shampoo because it dries me out like you wouldn't believe. I deep conditioner after I use it for atleast and hour and I use sunsilk straighten up leave in cream. This stuff is a lifesaver and moisturizes my hair wonderfully. I use it to rollerset and no matter what shampoo or conditioner I used, my hair comes out super soft. I also spray my wet hair on rollers with just a little oil sheen before I sit under the dryer. I also second the ORS Olive oil cream. I have also use elasta recovery and it worked well too.

If you go to the elasta website you can get some samples. They sent me a nice little packet that had the mango butter and recovery moisturizer in it.

I'm using ORS tea tree oil leave in conditioner. Only when I rollerset, but I've been rollersetting for about a month, now. Thanks for the tip on the elasta samples. I'm going to order my samples, now!