4a Natural Curl Definition? Will a curl activator work?

bluenude

Hello everyone! I have about 5-6 inches of 4a natural hair and am looking for more ways to get curl definition. Twist outs are fun but I'd like to try something else. Can I get more curl definition w/ a curl activator? If so then what kind? What brands? And what is S-curl? Would that work?

I usually do a CO and then twist up w/ elasta qp mango butter. This gives me a cute curl but is there something else I can do? I recently BC so I'm really looking for more styling tips. Thanks ladies!

Hey I have 4a natural hair, its pretty short right now cuz i cut it again, but I use Long Aid Activator Gel, it works fantastic for curl definition and shine!!

Hi,

I have 4 a/b natural hair(a twa) and have been using s-curl since my BC. However, I have noticed that it takes alot for my hair, my hair is EXTREMELY dry and sucks up everything, and the build up has been quite noticeable. I posted a day or so ago asking for recs for an all natural replacement. From the post I am leaning towards Qhemet biologics honeybush soft hold gel.

what type of curl definition are you looking for? my hair is tighly coiled (i guess it's 4a) and i find that either plain ol' water or s-curl enhances my hair texture.

When I was natural I used curl activator gel (fantasia ic/lusterkair/longaid) and I got beautiful elongation and curl defination (think tiny springs). I also got some nice shine and definition with elasta qp glaze when I used it sparingly. I don't really do the hair typing thing but for descriptive purposes, I'll say that my hair is closer in texture to a 4b than 4a if there's any 4a at all.

Grease and water works for me, esp. if I twirl my hair around my finger (don't laugh :lol: )
Ms. Jessies' Buttercreme works if I want to have a softer, longer curl (I use a diffuser to set it)
And IC Fantasia w/Sparklites (Blue) works for harder curls/waves and shine

HTH!

I used a little smooth-n-shine curl activator gel in my hair today on top of spritz and a little leave-in moisturizer (second day hair), and there are coils all over the place. Pretty much any gel will define my coils.

I am a 4a/4b (obviously from my signature).

I'm not laughing cupcake--there a little tighter than my other coils, but I finger coiled some hair last week just to experiement--it's fun and a cute style.

I'm feeling the "Beyond the Zone, Noodle Head cream" and "Elasta QP feels like silk gel" for curl definition.

Back