4a coilies: as your hair gets longer, do the coils clump together and get "bigger" ?

Southernbella.

Re: 4a coilies: as your hair gets longer, do the coils clump together and get "bigger

Hey

I've found out from my last couple of stretches that my head is full of coils. They are little though and like to keep to themselves!

I was wondering, if I were to grow my hair out, would they start to clump together, "unite" and form bigger coils.

4a coily ladies, please share your stories. TIA!

This is definitely happening to me.:yep: It could be the result of a better regimen, though.

ajoyfuljoy

Re: 4a coilies: as your hair gets longer, do the coils clump together and get "bigger

This is definitely happening to me.:yep: It could be the result of a better regimen, though.

Lauren please stop giving us picture updates! You are making me want to go natural :wallbash:

Last edited:

NikStarrr

Yep. As my hair is getting longer, my curls seem bigger due to them "hanging" more. And it definitely clumps as it gets towards the ends of my hair.

Always~Wear~Joy

Lauren please stop giving us picture updates! You are making me want to go natural :wallbash:

I know! I bought a relaxer today (I'm 4months post).....but now I'm seriously rethinking it after seeing her siggy.

ETA: I returned it....I'm sticking with my transition! Thanks Lauren :)

Last edited:

ajoyfuljoy

I know! I bought a relaxer today (I'm 4months post).....but now I'm seriously rethinking it after seeing her siggy.

Yeah, I had to stop my back and forth b/c everytime I would stretch after 12 weeks I would think really hard about transitioning.

When I see pics like hers it kicks up those thoughts all over again :spinning:

africa

Do any of the ladies who feel that their coils have gotten more defined or look bigger have 70-80% shrinkage?

Ms Lala

I wish. My hair shrinks up to my ear.

Mena

this is true...my hair is way cuter than i ever thought it was before in my life

keluric

As I transition, the strands are starting to clump together and become more defined but not bigger in diameter. For example they are more noticeable pen-spring curls instead of changing to pencil sized curls.

Ditto except I am all-natural.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hey

I've found out from my last couple of stretches that my head is full of coils. They are little though and like to keep to themselves!

I was wondering, if I were to grow my hair out, would they start to clump together, "unite" and form bigger coils.

4a coily ladies, please share your stories. TIA!

Bumping.

I've been religiously declumpling (detangling) the bigger coils that try to emerge from coils joining together to form a bigger, clumped coil.

Other 4a ladies: Do you think I need to keep detangling them, or can I just let them form into bigger clunped coils and keep it moving?

NOTE: I would like to keep the option option to relax or texlax or BKT my hair in the future. That's my main concern with the webbed clumping that creates new, larger coils.

Thanks in advance for your insight!