does this mean that you can color and do the bkt on the same day?

bellezanegra826

I am about to color my hair (a root touch up) and I was wondering if it would be ok to do the bkt on the same day. When I do the bkt, I skip the blow drying step by applying the bkt to almost dry hair and then allowing it to air dry or wrapping it so that it air dries straight. After the bkt is dry, I flat iron on a low setting, but hot enough to get the hair straight and heat seal the treatment. I found a salon's website, which stated the following:
http://hanssonhair.com/The_Brazilian_Keratin_Treatment.html
"On chemically treated hair that’s been colored, highlighted, permed or relaxed, the result can stay in the hair for 2-5 months. Therefore, if you plan on getting a color or highlights, we would do this first and then we apply the Brazilian Keratin Treatment on top of it. That way, the color is sealed in the hair and the result is that is lasts even longer."

Does this mean that it would be ok for me to color and bkt on the same day? Also, has anyone used a straightening comb instead of a flat iron to do the bkt treatment?

bellezanegra826

This is what the rest of the website had posted about bkt:
1.First, I wash your hair with Marcia Teixeira cleansing shampoo, which will open up the shaft of the strand, to later on let the keratin sink in and heal the structure of your strand.
2.Then, I will lightly blowdry your hair, with room temperatured air to keep the shafts open.
3. By dividing in the hair in thin section, I apply the keratin with a pensel and special comb.
4.After all of your hair is completely soaked in with keratin, I will lightly and slowly blowdry your hair again to let the keratin sink into the strand.
5.When your hair is completely dry, I will use a special Marcia Teixeira flatiron with a certain temperature, to seal in the keratin.

After you have done this treatment, you are not allowed to use shampoos containing sulfates (brands like Marcia Teixeiras own, Curls or others are fine) and preferably it should contain extra keratin to continue to fill up the strand with it every time you shampoo it.

You also have to beware of that a 4 day period applies when the keratin fully and completely sinks into your hair. During this period, you’re not allowed to do the following:

Sweat or wet your hair at all ( if you do by accident, blowdry and flatiron immedietly)

Shampoo or condition your hair

Use any products what so ever

Put your hair up in any ponytails, buns or likely

Wear any hair pins, hair bands, clips, hats- nothing not even pull your hair back behind your ears

AFTER THIS 4 DAY PERIOD, YOU’RE FREE TO STYLE YOUR HAIR AS DESIRED.

The reason is because if you do so, your hair might get creases (just like if you have just gotten it flatironed or pressed) and the same results can’t be guaranteed.

The Brazilian Keratin Treatment is something for you if:

Your hair is constantly breaking from coloring, relaxing, highlighting and/or excessive braiding

Your hair is dry, frizzy and lacks shine

Your hair is very thin and/or needs rebuilding

You have hair of afro texture that you relax frequently but it never grows long because of breakage and heat traumatizing and your hair gets frizzy or even curly when you are in humid weather.

The treatment lasts for 2-3 months on virgin hair and since it isn’t as necessary for virgin hair, the keratin is lost after approximately 2-3 months. On chemically treated hair that’s been colored, highlighted, permed or relaxed, the result can stay in the hair for 2-5 months.

Therefore, if you plan on getting a color or highlights, we would do this first and then we apply the Brazilian Keratin Treatment on top of it. That way, the color is sealed in the hair and the result is that is lasts even longer.

On most of my clients with afro hair, I do a regular relaxer on their hair first (preferably a Lady Velvet or Phytospecific relaxer) and then the Brazilian Keratin Treatment on top of that, to kind of seal in the relaxer.

The result is priceless and the hair then functions as “straight hair”, meaning you can use water to make babyhair lay down, you only have to blowdry your hair to make it straight and humid weather has got nothing on Brazilian Keratin Treated hair! This is truly a dream come true for so many of my clients!

MarieB

Hey, girl! Sorry so late with the reply, but yes, you can definitely color first! Let us know how it worked out for you, and good luck!

Sui Topi

From what I gathered it would be in your best interest to. I am planning to color and BKT as well in August because I really want a color as well as I want to have some what dramatic results with my BKT and I am natural with virgin hair so I have to open up the cuticle some what. Are there any naturals out there who colored with a BKT that have any pictures? I'm curious to see how it will turn out, like if my hair will get pretty straight, or just loosen my curl a little bit.

georgia80

Yes you should have no problem with coloring the hair and doing the BKT the same day. I colored my hair the same day I BKT. I loved the results.