4 Month Ayurveda Challenge RESULTS!

MissMusic

This is the official results thread, so ladies let's see those results.

Also, if you could, tell us how your hair has benefited from using Ayurveda!

MissMusic

Starting Pic, 3/01/2009

Ending Pic:

Ayurveda has kept my hair shiny and happy. Its also always so very soft, always!!! Its cheap and very simple. The benefits are endless. Love it! By the way I am waist length, barely, but none the less so.

flowinlocks

Starting Pic, 3/01/2009

Ending Pic:

Ayurveda has kept my hair shiny and happy. Its also always so very soft, always!!! Its cheap and very simple. The benefits are endless. Love it! By the way I am waist length, barely, but none the less so.

:dance7::bouncegreCongrats on your progress!!!

flowinlocks

Well here goes,

Starting pic. took on 2/28/09

End result, took on 6/29/09

Another one

I must say overall I'm pleased with my results, I'm glad I have pics. to compare because I thought my hair hadn't grown much. I did have a slight setback from trying to stretch my relaxer. Ayurveda has not only grew my hair, but improved it's health, strength and shine. I love the versatility of being able to make pastes, teas, oils. Not to mention adding the powders to my conds. (thank longhairdontcare for that :grin:)This allows me to tweak my reggie to what my hair needs at the time. Oh yeah let's not forget the cheap part. I gotta give a shout out to all the Ayurveda veterans for your wealth of info. thanks ladies!!:grouphug2: Ayurveda will be the core of my reggie for life!!

MissMusic

Well here goes,

Another one

I must say overall I'm pleased with my results, I'm glad I have pics. to compare because I thought my hair hadn't grown much. I did have a slight setback from trying to stretch my relaxer. Ayurveda has not only grew my hair, but improved it's health, strength and shine. I love the versatility of being able to make pastes, teas, oils. Not to mention adding the powders to my conds. (thank longhairdontcare for that :grin:)This allows me to tweak my reggie to what my hair needs at the time. Oh yeah let's not forget the cheap part. I gotta give a shout out to all the Ayurveda veterans for your wealth of info. thanks ladies!!:grouphug2: Ayurveda will be the core of my reggie for life!!

Umm, your hair looks GREAT!!! Wow, great progress. Your hair looks beautiful!

HERicane10

Looking good ladies! Ayurveda is the simplest, most inexpensive way to have healthy beautiful hair. I will never go back to the "norm". :)

beans4reezy

Well here goes,

Another one

I must say overall I'm pleased with my results

You should be..you've done a fantastic job with your hair!!!

I swore I woldn't join anymore challenges this year, but you ladies really make me want to take the plunge and join the next round- I need help with stretching :)

Last edited:

flowinlocks

You should be..you've done a fantastic job with your hair!!!

I swore I woldn't join anymore challenges this year, but you ladies really make me want to take the plunge and join the next round- I need help with stretching :)

Thanks, It's been a lot of experimenting & tweaking, finding out with my hair likes/dislikes. For me one f the things was stretching. I tried to follow the masses, but it didn't work for me. I believe the longer my hair gets it may be a bit eaiser to stretch. The powders mixed with cond. are wonderful for softening ng.

You ladies results look great! I'm very interested in trying Aryuveda so I'm going to look up the original challenge thread so I can get some directions. Thanks for this OP! I love results posts!!

HERicane10

This is the official results thread, so ladies let's see those results.

Also, if you could, tell us how your hair has benefited from using Ayurveda!

C'mon MCrzyGr, lets get the 6-month challenge started. 7-1 to 12-1, so we can unveil for Christmas & New Year!:yep:

Aspire

Ladies,

Awesome progress!! Way to go ladies!!!!!

Starting Pic, 3/01/2009

Ltown

Greyland
I like to give kudos to Flowinlocks who gave me advice and encouragement with this challenge. Flowin you also had wonderful progress and success. Thank you

twinkletoes17

Could you guys post whether you made tea rinses, pastes, or mixed the powders with conditioners?

I used to use the paste but it was messy and apparently I wasn't getting it all out because my relaxer turned brown at the salon LMAO.

Otherwise GREAT PROGRESS! Hopefully I can join the next one, I have Ayurveda products to get rid of >.>

Ltown

Greyland
I used both, paste and teas. I used any of my cheap conditioners with my powder, wear a old t-shirt. It is messy but so worth it. For teas you may need tea bags, cheese cloth and tea strainer to prevent grit in your tea rinse. FlowinLocks was my teacher:grin: and will chime in here to give you great advice and suggestion.

buddhas_mom

I was apart of this challenge but I had to stop two months in. I started to get alot of shedding, so I stopped. I want to try again but I need to know what to do to not have so much shedding. Did anyone else get a lot of shedding?

*Muffin*

Great progress ladies! I'm especially impressed with your progress, flowinlocks. Looks like you achieved some good growth :yep:.