80-95% with Mizani BB?

loveisnthehouse

First off, the reason I am asking this question is from all the threads I have read Mizani BB is a very mild relaxer in general.

Next month I am going to relax my hair. In March I texlaxed it and then BKTed, I was expecting to get straight results and I didn't. Well, now I am going to try relaxing my hair and then doing the BKT again to go for straight results again!

The first time around I used Mizani BB for fine/color treated hair and left it on for 20 minutes. I would say my curl was relaxed about 20-25%.

My plan is to purchase the Mizani system and use the relaxer is super. I will do a patch test first to figure out how long to leave it on to get the desired result. Do you think Mizani BB in super will get 4a/4b hair 80-95% straight?

Thanks in advance!

ceebee3

You don't have to relax and BKT that sounds like a lot.

I've never used butter blends but the regular Mizani always got my hair straight, it was the only relaxer I used. I would try the regular before trying the super.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
If your hair is densely packed like mine then super should work fine ( I use super but I DONT smooth at all), I apply using the half method and I go back through to make sure all NG is covered. I leave it on for about 18 min. This leaves me with a little bit of texture. I used the regular three times and I had to leave it on too long and I still did not get the results I wanted.

It is up to you at the end of the day.

Can I ask why you are relaxing and using the BKT? Like the other poster stated it does seem like a lot.

loveisnthehouse

My hair is densely packed, so I think that will work. BKT and relaxer is the preferred way to get my hair straight and protect it, breaking protein bonds and then adding keratin to make protect my hair.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
My hair is densely packed, so I think that will work. BKT and relaxer is the preferred way to get my hair straight and protect it, breaking protein bonds and then adding keratin to make protect my hair.

How long have you done this?

Have you considered doing the mid protein step after relaxing and before neutrilizing?

Kitkat

I used Mizani Butter Blends, regular strength, two weeks ago. My hair is 4a/4b and it got my hair pretty straight, which is what I wanted because I was correcting underprocessing. I left it on for about 25 minutes. I bought it only because I couldn't find Affirm Mild at my BSS and I really needed a relaxer. I like it well enough but will probably go back to Affirm once this Mizani tub is finished.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have Mizani BB Regular (Lye), it's pretty good at getting things straight.:grin:

I honestly don't think you'd need a Super to achieve the look you want. You should be good with a Regular.:yep:

I used Mizani BB regular the last time but did not get it straight. It was on my hair at least 30 minutes. Never got straight. There was no breakage or anything. If I choose to try it again it will be super but I am not planning on trying it anytime soon. MY strands are coarse and difficult to straighten.