Best Relaxer For Colored Hair

BadMamaJama

I have been googling this for months and can't find a direct answer. I'm natural with colored hair. I dyed my hair about a month and half ago using Clairol Textures and Tones burgandy. My hair is not dry or damaged because of it. Now I want to relax my hair but I'm scared to just use any relaxer. I'd like to use lye, because it's better for my hair because no lye tends to dry it out. I've seen the Dark & Lovely for color treated and Mizani for Fine/Colored treated hair, so I'm going back and forth between the 2.
If you dye your hair and are relaxed what do you use?
If you relaxed after dyeing your natural hair, what did you use? :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Well you're doing the process backwards so there will be a risk. Surely you and to use something mild for color treated hair. I use Mizani Butter Blends for Fine/Color Treated Hair. How long is your hair? Who will be doing the processing?

BadMamaJama

My hair is neck length.
I will be doing it myself using the 2 part method.

Do you think even using the D&L for colored hair is risky?

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
My hair is neck length.
I will be doing it myself using the 2 part method.

Do you think even using the D&L for colored hair is risky?

What is the two part method?

Yes, any relaxer after using color, especially "box" colors that have metals in them, will have a risk. Just watch it while it's processing. Remember for virgin relaxing, apply to the mid-strand and ends then come back and apply to the roots last.

BadMamaJama

So I'm posting this in case anyone else is trying to find out this information. I used Dark and Lovely for color treated hair and I still have my hair. I do dc 2x a week and wash once a week and cowash once a week.

Babygrowth

Hi BadMamaJama! How is your hair doing now since you relaxed color treated hair? I will be in the same boat shortly so any advice you have would be wonderful...

SelfishSelfCare

Try Affirm Fiberguard. I use it in Normal It's what i use and i still have hair on my head lol
I'm in Japan and ordered relaxer before remembering about this fourm. I bought what I used before and now I realize that was not a good idea. I'll likely add a little oil to give me a little time to the overall processing but I'm still so beyond nervous.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I'm in Japan and ordered relaxer before remembering about this fourm. I bought what I used before and now I realize that was not a good idea. I'll likely add a little oil to give me a little time to the overall processing but I'm still so beyond nervous.
They have it in Sensitive Scalp, I just use normal lol.