Mizani rhelaxer for fine/color treated hair users

morehairplease

can you share with me your experiences with this relaxer? Do you find that it tends to straighten too fast and does it leave your hair flat or limp? Also, are you relaxing bone straight or telaxing? I am looking to self relax next month and this is the relaxer I have chosen to use because I have fine, medium density, somewhat coarse strands.

Thanks in advance for your responses

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I have medium textured hair and I texlax. A lot of people ask me if I'm natural because my hair is so thick and under processed. I like it though. I love this relaxer and it never burns me.

morehairplease

I have medium textured hair and I texlax. A lot of people ask me if I'm natural because my hair is so thick and under processed. I like it though. I love this relaxer and it never burns me.

Hey there sweetie,

Thanks so, so much for responding. I wonder if I should go with the medium/normal instead because I want bone straight hair. When I was relaxed, I used the HS lye and my hair was telaxed and it was torture for me.

morehairplease

I have fine hair and I use the regular one and I get pretty bone straight:)

thanks Nix. I will go with the Mizani classic rhelaxer for medium/normal hair. Do you mind me asking how long you process your hair?

Thanks in advance for your response

OhmyKimB

Mizani is the only relaxer where I don't have scalp issues afterwards, I use butter blends though. I have fine hair and my stylist leaves in on the whole processing time...however my hair is not bone straight it's still pretty wavy. One lady complimented my hair when I went out with it air drying...

Dommo

I have medium textured; hair; pretty full and I use the Butterblends in Mild. Its great. I relax very straight. Slight wave left in my hair.(no texlax). I dont have any problems with flatness or limp hair.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I should clarify that I too use Butter Blends Mild for Color Treated Hair. I put it in then wash it right out. I don't go the full processing time.

morehairplease

:bump::bump: for more responses. My intended relaxer day is April 10th and I would love to hear what others have to say about either lye formula: fine/color-treated and medium/normal.

thanks in advance for your response

Aveena

This relaxer never burned which is one of the reasons I used to love it. It also got my hair a little straighter than Silk Elements which I also loved BUT I really had to watch the amount of time I left this relaxer in my hair.

I was overprocessing my hair even though it was not bone straight because I was leaving it in too long.

I eventually stopped self application and switched to the salon because of this reason. My hair was over dry due to over processing.

I think if you pay special attention to the processing time you should be ok for a 'straightish' texlax result.

morehairplease

This relaxer never burned which is one of the reasons I used to love it. It also got my hair a little straighter than Silk Elements which I also loved BUT I really had to watch the amount of time I left this relaxer in my hair.

I was overprocessing my hair even though it was not bone straight because I was leaving it in too long.

I eventually stopped self application and switched to the salon because of this reason. My hair was over dry due to over processing.

I think if you pay special attention to the processing time you should be ok for a 'straightish' texlax result.

thanks so much for your response. This is the fear that I have regarding using the mild lye formula. I am considering the medium/normal formula instead as I desire my hair to be processed as straight as possible with a little texture remaining in minimal time(I have being reading post where members stated that they leave the mild relaxer on longer for it to process their hair straighter). My fear is that while my strands are indeed fine if they are left telaxed even after processing longer with the mild formula any manipulation of my tresses would be torture. As I type this, I am leaning more towards using the medium/normal. Again, thanks so much for your response.

Last edited:

morehairplease

:bump::bump:

I have a question for you ladies that are using the bb system: are you using the entire system or just the relaxer?

thanks in advance for your response

shunemite

I have fine hair, and I have been using the fine/ color treated mild formula (not butter blends the original) for like 3 + (?) yrs now. I really like it. I self relax and I'm slow so I do it in sections, but each section gets about 15 to 20 minutes and I do base my scalp. At one point like 2 yrs ago I switched to Affirm and I noticed a big difference when I looked at pictures of myself with the Mizani, so I switched back to Mizani. Before the Mizani, like 5 yrs ago I used to use Motions. I would say the biggest difference I noticed when I switched to Mizani mild is that my hair retains moisture better and has more sheen.

ETA: 20 min gets my hair straight not texlaxed. I don't have problems with limp hair but for me that's more due to styling with light oils and serum, and if I use rollers a curl will last much longer.

Last edited:

morehairplease

I have fine hair, and I have been using the fine/ color treated mild formula (not butter blends the original) for like 3 + (?) yrs now. I really like it. I self relax and I'm slow so I do it in sections, but each section gets about 15 to 20 minutes and I do base my scalp. At one point like 2 yrs ago I switched to Affirm and I noticed a big difference when I looked at pictures of myself with the Mizani, so I switched back to Mizani. Before the Mizani, like 5 yrs ago I used to use Motions. I would say the biggest difference I noticed when I switched to Mizani mild is that my hair retains moisture better and has more sheen.

ETA: 20 min gets my hair straight not texlaxed. I don't have problems with limp hair but for me that's more due to styling with light oils and serum, and if I use rollers a curl will last much longer.

Hi there,

Thanks a million for your post. After processing sheds hair with both of the formulas that I have here, the regular one processes a little too fast while the mild processed what seemed to be just right. I plan on testing more shed hairs within the coming weeks to see if there is a noticeable difference between the two before I self relax.

mstk

I use Mizani BB for fine/color treated hair to texlax, but I also mix in oils and conditioner (probably about 3:1 parts relaxer to oil). I like it. I've posted a picture of the texture beforehand, but it's still pretty curly/wavy.

It's great that you're using shed hairs to test processing time. Another thing you can do (I think I originally saw this on a MsKibibi YouTube video), is practice "relaxing" with conditioner if you're not used to self-relaxing. That way you get the practice with no repercussions if your application time is slower than you expect it to be.

Afrolinda

I am thinking about texlaxing and I am really having doubts; Should I use the Mizani relaxer for fine/ color treated hair? I would like to have some body and thicknes. You can see my natural hair ( flat ironed ) in my avatar.

miss_cheveious

Another butter blends user, I found it worked the best for my scalp- No burning or scabs etc (I had previously tried ORS relaxer and Dr. Miracles). My hair came out pretty straight, but still managed to maintain a bit of texture. Can't wait to relax again next week