4a weave hair

R

Reslnt1

So i've been going through some Fotki's and it seems that the 3c/4a natural ladies have had lots of luck finding weave hair that matches their own natural hair very well.....have any 4a ladies had that same luck?

I would like to wear a weave while on vacay and would love to wear one that is compatible with my natural hair as opposed to having to get a full head of another texture b/c of my inability to locate 4a natural weaving hair

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

cmw45

So i've been going through some Fotki's and it seems that the 3c/4a ladies have had lots of luck finding weave hair that matches their own natural hair very well.....have any 4a ladies had that same luck?

I would like to wear a weave while on vacay and would love to wear one that is compatible with my natural hair as opposed to having to get a full head of another texture b/c of my inability to locate 4a natural weaving hair

TIA

Hmmm...there is one person who commented on my fotki who has done an amazing job matching her hair. I will look through and post a link.

ETA: http://public.fotki.com/loulou82/mini-update--twists/img0153.html I hope I am not blowing up her spot. She's 4a but the hair she used is 3c/4a ish and looks good.

Last edited:

foxieroxienyc

I wore weaves for 2 years straight, and no one even knew it wasnt my hair. :grin:

I primarily use Wagman Primus hair, I usually got the french body way for a little texture. My stylist got hip to it and started using the relaxed texture. It all blended extremely well particularly if you're relaxed. I wasn't fully relaxed when I wore the hair and it still worked for me. I was texturized. You can order it online http://www.wagmanhair.com/. It's GREAT hair, it's remy hair so the cuticles are still intact which means a more realistic appearance and no dredded matting or tangles. I never once had an issue with that when using this hair.

Before I found Wagman's I always wore Outre Velvet Remy. It's pricey at $75 and up for a pack of hair, but well worth it. In my opinion when it comes to hair you get what you pay for. My hair always blended amazingly well when I used this brand. Dang all this weave talk is making me want to add some track, lol.:rolleyes::lachen:

Oh and I do have pics of me with my weaves over the 2 years in my fotki.

R

Reslnt1

I wore weaves for 2 years straight, and no one even knew it wasnt my hair. :grin:

I primarily use Wagman Primus hair, I usually got the french body way for a little texture. My stylist got hip to it and started using the relaxed texture. It all blended extremely well particularly if you're relaxed. I wasn't fully relaxed when I wore the hair and it still worked for me. I was texturized. You can order it online http://www.wagmanhair.com/. It's GREAT hair, it's remy hair so the cuticles are still intact which means a more realistic appearance and no dredded matting or tangles. I never once had an issue with that when using this hair.

Before I found Wagman's I always wore Outre Velvet Remy. It's pricey at $75 and up for a pack of hair, but well worth it. In my opinion when it comes to hair you get what you pay for. My hair always blended amazingly well when I used this brand. Dang all this weave talk is making me want to add some track, lol.:rolleyes::lachen:

Oh and I do have pics of me with my weaves over the 2 years in my fotki.

Darn i just realized that i should have said that i was natural...i'm going to check and see what they might have for naturals...i really like how glamazon's weaves match with her natural hair.

thanks chica!!

glamazon386

Get the Bohyme Brazilian wave. It's a perfect match to my hair and our hair is similar. I left hair out for blending in the front but you don't have to. I only used 1 pack.

ETA: I didn't realize I was already mentioned. :lol: Res, are you doing a full head with no hair left out? If you're not, then it doesn't really matter what type of hair you use. If you are, the problem I initially had with matching weave to my natural hair was that the weave hair was shiny and my hair isn't. The Bohyme was the only hair I found that wasn't shiny. I used to LOVE that goddess remy hair when I was texaxed/transitioning but once I was natural you could see a big difference between my hair and that hair. So after that, if I chose to wear that hair, I'd just do a bang in the front. I think I still have some here in the house I might reuse.

Last edited:
R

Reslnt1

Get the Bohyme Brazilian wave. It's a perfect match to my hair and our hair is similar. I left hair out for blending in the front but you don't have to. I only used 1 pack.

ETA: I didn't realize I was already mentioned. :lol: Res, are you doing a full head with no hair left out? If you're not, then it doesn't really matter what type of hair you use. If you are, the problem I initially had with matching weave to my natural hair was that the weave hair was shiny and my hair isn't. The Bohyme was the only hair I found that wasn't shiny. I used to LOVE that goddess remy hair when I was texaxed/transitioning but once I was natural you could see a big difference between my hair and that hair. So after that, if I chose to wear that hair, I'd just do a bang in the front. I think I still have some here in the house I might reuse.

yeah...i'm going to wear some of my hair out...i love the way your hair looks like that

PaperClip

Where are you all locating the Bohyme hair? My apologies if it's obvious.

Nonie

I posted this yesterday. www.hisandher.com sells weave hair that is looks like it would match my 4A/B. It comes as short as 4 inches and as long as 18 inches. It's also 100% human hair. (I think that's all they sell.) Here's a glimpse of the hair:

And you can get it in these colors.

Nonie

The question for me would be what happens to this hair when it is wet?

I imagine it'd behave just like our natural hair. Shrink and curl around itself. It's 100% human hair after all. So you'd have to treat it like you would natural type 4A/B hair.

glamazon386

hairsisters is selling it.....but i'm going to see if they sell it at a BSS near me

I ordered mine from Super Hair Factory in Atl. It came in the mail really fast. The only BSS I found that had it was in Glen Burnie but they only carried the straight hair. They would have had to order anything else so it was just easier to order online. You might have better luck in PG/DC though Res.

KweenBeeDiva

Please try Hairsisters.com for hair. I have 4a-4bor 4c hair (yeah, I got all of 'em:grin:) and I got hair that not only matched my hair texture, but also my redish/mediumbrownish haircolor. If you find a texture you like and it's cheaply priced or on sale, I suggest you buy a lot of it. My hair was$3.49 and it jumped up to over $12 the third time I tried to order (I guess I should'nt have told everyone about it, but oh, well:rolleyes:). The shipping is always on time, or even early! Also, they also include hair feedbacks from peoples who have previously ordered the hair. So check it out!

KweenBeeDiva

The question for me would be what happens to this hair when it is wet?
The one I ordered was from haisisters. It looked like a twist out, which is how I left it (i picked it out 4 weeks later and LOVED IT). I rinsed mine everyweek. Just make sure you separate each row (like, fluff it a little to prevent tangles/matting) and PLEASE don't lay down while wet. It will be a big mess!

PaperClip

Please try Hairsisters.com for hair. I have 4a-4bor 4c hair (yeah, I got all of 'em:grin:) and I got hair that not only matched my hair texture, but also my redish/mediumbrownish haircolor. If you find a texture you like and it's cheaply priced or on sale, I suggest you buy a lot of it. My hair was$3.49 and it jumped up to over $12 the third time I tried to order (I guess I should'nt have told everyone about it, but oh, well:rolleyes:). The shipping is always on time, or even early! Also, they also include hair feedbacks from peoples who have previously ordered the hair. So check it out!

What kind of hair did you get?

KweenBeeDiva

What kind of hair did you get?

http://http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=505&searchOption=0&viewOption=1&position=0&limit=30&value1=afro&value2=0&value3=0&search=0

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...mit=30&value1=afro&value2=0&value3=0&search=0

It's not that big unless you want it to be. Like I said earlier, it looks like a twist out, but if you want the 'fro, you can pick it out.:grin:

ETA: They have diff. kinds of kinky/curly hair to choose from. My mottois: if I'm so/so about something, unless there's a feedback comment, I don't buy it. Most of the time, I can look at the comments to address my concerns.

As of right now, I have this draw string pony tail in 1b/33:
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=578&searchOption=0&viewOption=1&position=0&limit=15&value1=5&value2=53&value3=0&search=0

Last edited:
R

Reslnt1

I ordered mine from Super Hair Factory in Atl. It came in the mail really fast. The only BSS I found that had it was in Glen Burnie but they only carried the straight hair. They would have had to order anything else so it was just easier to order online. You might have better luck in PG/DC though Res.

Glam, I am going to try that Beauty store thats allegedly the largest one in the country and see what i can find...it in Pg but super close to my house in DC

The one I ordered was from haisisters. It looked like a twist out, which is how I left it (i picked it out 4 weeks later and LOVED IT). I rinsed mine everyweek. Just make sure you separate each row (like, fluff it a little to prevent tangles/matting) and PLEASE don't lay down while wet. It will be a big mess!

I think i'm feeling that hair that you linked us to on the bottom...if poss can you send me a PM of how you styled the hair or how you braided your own hair....i really am digging the big hair especially since you said it looks like a braid out unless you comb it out....i really appreciate the versatility.....what length did you get???

glamazon386

Kween, is that the same hair they were talking about in the Nappy Weave thread over on NP? It looks like it. I had thought about trying it but it doesn't match my hair texture.

Jenaee

I just purchased 2 packs of Outre Pro-10 Bohemian Curl for a sewn-in Im getting for a cruise. The curls are tighter in person than in the pic tho.

KweenBeeDiva

Kween, is that the same hair they were talking about in the Nappy Weave thread over on NP? It looks like it. I had thought about trying it but it doesn't match my hair texture.

It sort of doesn't match mine completely, but I got it anyways and loved it! I went ahead and braided the front and sewed the rest with the hair. Keep trying hairsisters.com and other sites. I'm sure their is a weave for you!

* I swear, HS needs to be paying my ***. Heck, at least give me a 99.9% discount for life.:lachen::lachen: :lachen: