2015 Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic, Powders/Clay, Challenge

Babygrowth

I found my Claudie's tea. Got LG whipped java butter in cart so I will try to get it tomorrow. Will do a dry DC with the tea tomorrow.

nmartin20

PrePoo: SM Purification Masque and Shescentit's Coconut Sorbet almost 2 hrs (being lazy) under my Therapy Hair Wrap

Shampoo: SM Black Soap Shampoo

Deep Condition: Shescentit's Fortifying Masque
about another 2hrs Good stuff

Styler: Hairveda's CoCoasta Shikakai on length
their almond glaze for my scalp,
APB Lemon Pound Cake Creamy
Hair Pudding and APB Ayurvedic
Hair Cream, Darcy's pumpkin as
another leave in, and IC gel for hold

Styling my hair didn't take long at all. I'm hoping to wear these medium twist until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Totally pleased right now.

KaramelDiva1978

I need advice please.

I have dandruff. I need to find something that will help with it. I usually see it 4 days after I wash my hair. It doesn't itch, I just have flakes.

I use rhassoul clay and shikakai powder. I wash my scalp with the aunt Jackies shampoo.

I've tried fenugreek and coconut oil separately and both makes my hair shed a lot, so they are not options for me.

TIA

Amla works well for hair "fall" or shedding and dandruff. Its more moisturizing than shikakai. I usually mix the two when I poo rinse with them and use more amla than shikakai and follow up with a good heavy deep condish. I never experienced dandruff after using amla powder.

Leo24Rule

I'm natural and always been, but wondering if any of you ladies are relaxed and using tea rinses and ayurvedic products? I ask because I want to help my mother and sister's (whom are both relaxed) hair by using tea rinses, Annabelle's Perfect Blend Hair Tonic & DC's with ayurvedic ingredients.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Leo24Rule

I am Relaxed and use both Tea & Coffee Rinses. I use them each wash day.

There are quite a few "Relaxed" Tea Heads that are part of this Challenge.

Leo24Rule

IDareT'sHair thank you very much for replying. I'm doing some research now. My mother and sister both once had long and thick hair, but with a bad weave/breakage from the perming their hair hasn't been the same. I've gotten my mother's hair (due to breakage) from ear length to bra strap. My sister's hair is just so thick and always dry. Gotta find her something.

Last edited:

ronie

Not sure if I joined this challenge, but I am joining now, loll.
Preppooing with APB ayurvedic mask.

KaramelDiva1978

I'm natural and always been, but wondering if any of you ladies are relaxed and using tea rinses and ayurvedic products? I ask because I want to help my mother and sister's (whom are both relaxed) hair by using tea rinses, Annabelle's Perfect Blend Hair Tonic & DC's with ayurvedic ingredients.

Yes ma'am, I'm relaxed and began using powders as tea rinses since they were first introduced to me. I've never used Annabelle's Perfect Blend because I always made my own concoctions accord to what my hair needs are. I've noticed strength and thickness from ayurvedic product use. If they're open to trying it, they're in for many hair benefits in my opinion.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Pennefeather I do it before and after the conditioner. After I rinse out the conditioner I spray it one last time (very generously I might add) and just leave it in. Then I continue with the rest of the regimen.

ItsMeLilLucky

I'm Relaxed and I tea rinse as well. I use a bag of Liptons, Horsetail, and Hibiscus in a spray bottle. I use it twice: Once before I rinse out the conditioner and once after. The last spray I leave it in and continue with the rest of the regimen.

ItsMeLilLucky

I don't leave the bag in the spray bottle, I make it in my Pyrex measuring cup, then when I'm done I discard the tea bags and pour the mix in the spray bottle, and leave the mix in the bathroom. If I have any left over, I pour into an empty bottle and refrigerate it <<I forgot to mention that lol.

BFeathers

January 2, 2015, I'm walking in Target and all of a sudden get a bad case of itch in my crown. I'm scratching like mad...discreetly and patting my head like I'm weaving a weave. I put EVERYTHING in that spot to cure the itch. Tea Tree, peppermint braid spray, oils, Seabreeze, peroxide, neosporin....:ohwell:

I was about to grab the rattail and literally scrape that spot because it was itching like nothing I've ever experienced :nono: I had been having dandruff all of a sudden starting about a month ago but it was never itchy.

January 3, 2015
just NOW I did a light ACV rinse and I could feel the itch just going poof the minute the vinegar hit that spot. I don't feel a thing :grin:*knocks on wood*

I'm joining now and here's to praying this is a good choice or me.

Edit: I'm under the hooded dryer with typos galore...

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I am. I use Njoi Herbal tea rinse (under dc) she's on etsy. I use henna glosses (haven't in a while but they help alot) and Claudie's tea spritz (leave in). I like oils mostly with ayurvedic ingredients like APB hibiscus and fenugreek oil :love2:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
About to do a spritz of bamboo on dry hair then DC on top. Then a lo-poo to prep for indigo by itself (did henna the last two consecutive weekends ).

BFeathers

@BFeathers

Welcome Ms. Lady! Hope you get your 'itch' under control.:grin:

So far so good! 2 hours later and the itch is gone :yep:

Is this a weekly thing I could do? I'm still researching ACV but I was just desperate and opened the pantry last night and found some.

I was just too sleepy last night so I just slept with a mix of Neosporin and peroxide on that spot but the ACV was like sticking a hot pan under the faucet on the cold side. It sizzled the itch right off.

Leo24Rule

I am. I use Njoi Herbal tea rinse (under dc) she's on etsy. I use henna glosses (haven't in a while but they help alot) and Claudie's tea spritz (leave in). I like oils mostly with ayurvedic ingredients like APB hibiscus and fenugreek oil :love2:

Thank you Babygrowth for responding. Okay, based on you and IDareT'sHair hair regimens including tea rinses and ayurvedic ingredients I will follow suit for both my mother and sister. Relaxed hair okay, but not on colored hair right?

On my way to the etsy store now. I just purchased the APB products (2) for the first time to take advantage of her 30% special and awaiting their arrival.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
BFeathers

It is safe to use each wash day.

To correct porosity, to close cuticle, to remove build up, for shine etc....(ACV Rinses has a lot of positive qualities)

Make sure your ratios ACV to Water are on point. ACV is very acidic and can be drying.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Leo24Rule

I'm Relaxed & Hendigo'ed. (No commercial dyes).

Regarding color Teas/Coffee can 'stain'. You need to be aware of that.

I've never had a problem with Coffee/Tea significantly changing my color though.

BFeathers

@BFeathers

It is safe to use each wash day.

To correct porosity, to close cuticle, to remove build up, for shine etc....(ACV Rinses has a lot of positive qualities)

Make sure your ratios ACV to Water are on point. ACV is very acidic and can be drying.

Thanks! I just used a 16oz water bottle and poured a little ACV in it then shook then a little more and shook.

The water was still pretty clear but you could smell the vinegar. I figured that wasn't "too" much as for being drying.