2015 Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic, Powders/Clay, Challenge

GGsKin

I will never put henna in my hair again.:nono: I am one of those people who has a "texture change" when it comes to henna, and I wasn't expecting it because of the positive results I've had with cassia. Granted, when using cassia I did not mix it with an acidic ingredient and let it sit for a day. I just mixed it with water, applied it immediately, and rinse it out no more than an hour later. This is probably the biggest hair regret I've had since using permanent dye.

My hair is already fine, and this stuff just deflated the volume I had in my hair. After I rinsed it out my hair felt so silky, but it also felt much finer than normal. That was several weeks ago and my hair still hasn't returned to normal.

I ordered a box of amla powder. I hope that it will cure my henna woes.

Never again, Lord. Never again.

Sorry to read of your bad henna experience. I've only used it once. It was a little drying but nothing too terrible.

GGsKin

I did a clay rinse using coconut milk instead of water. It was after a CLCT. I think my hair needed the extra protein boost because my hair feels great (springy/ coily/ less shedding) 4 days later.

xu93texas

Pennefeather,

I like all of the shampoo bars that I've purchased from Chagrin Valley. I have the Cafe Moreno and the Mud and Clay poo bar. I also purchased a few facial and body soaps.

They lather well and get my hair and scalp clean. My curls pop and my hair feels nice afterwards. I don't detangle after cleansing; I detangle while my DC is on my hair. No problems at all. The only con for me is that they aren't scented.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Found this fabulous gel unfortunately it makes me shed. Well used to. Bamboo rinses knocked that out. Matter if fact sipping a cup before bed.

Debating if I will have time for a hendigo or even a brief henna this Sunday followed by another bamboo and oil rinse.

mscheergrl

Embracing happiness
I'm brand new to the world of ayurvedic treatments but I was desperately looking for something to cure my severe dry scalp (I drink 2-3 liters of water per day, and still I struggle).

Washed my hair with a mix of shikikai and alma powders and followed with a yogurt and honey deep condish. All-in-all my hair feels great. Going to monitor my scalp for the next few days to see if it helps alleviate my scalp issue...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm brand new to the world of ayurvedic treatments but I was desperately looking for something to cure my severe dry scalp (I drink 2-3 liters of water per day, and still I struggle).

Washed my hair with a mix of shikikai and alma powders and followed with a yogurt and honey deep condish. All-in-all my hair feels great. Going to monitor my scalp for the next few days to see if it helps alleviate my scalp issue...

mscheergrl

Hi!:wave:

This is an on-going "Active" Challenge.

Are you wanting to join? This Challenge has respectfully ask members not to post "random" posts.

If you wish to join us, we are more than happy to include you.

Thanks.

Pennefeather

I had my third Kalpi tone session yesterday. After washing made a smooth paste just using water, oiled my hair with Kervada oil and let the paste sit for hour in my hair. My hair feels soft, and the grays have darkened from the coppery color of last week so that half of them just blend in with my regular hair color.

I may try using this every other week.

naptime

I'm sitting under the dryer now after doing a protein treatment with Nexxus Emergencee and then a rosemary rinse under a dc. I'm going to alternate my rosemary rinses with my coffee/tea rinses.

Lita

Thank you Lita for saying you used bask java on your scalp. You prompted me to do the same & I'm very pleased. :yep:[/QUOT

divachyk Your Welcome...That java glides right across your scalp so nice & smooth and with this weather need something that's going to provide moisture.

Happy Hair Growing!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Hendigo is on. Last hour of a 3 hour marinate. About to steep my beloved bamboo for a tea and warm oil rinse (safflower, sunflower, and grapeseed) to condition under the SSI okra recon.

xu93texas

I'm drinking bamboo and peppermint tea. I will steep fenugreek and nettle tea overnight for a tea rinse tomorrow.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used: The Pomade Shop's Peppermint Pomade

Tomorrow I plan to use:
Black Coffee Rinse
Green & Rosemary Tea(s) Rinse
BlueRoze's Strawberry ACV Rinse

naptime

Added coconut water to my tea rinse tonight... my hair is happy. I like it much better than coconut milk.

Ajna

Right now I am so in love with my marshmallow and irish moss tea rinse
My curls just pop and it feels so soft