2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:lol::lol::lol:

But of course!!!

You may as well make room for all a' us' :rofl:

I get the room with the view .......... of the beach and sand.

O' and I drink Coconut water with a slice of fresh pineapple, 2 ounces of fresh pineapple juice poured over crushed ice. :yep::yep::yep:

Make that 3 ounces.... :yep:

Sis, I don't ask for much. Do I ? :look:

:lol:

Nice & Wavy

You may as well make room for all a' us' :rofl:

I get the room with the view .......... of the beach and sand.

O' and I drink Coconut water with a slice of fresh pineapple, 2 ounces of fresh pineapple juice poured over crushed ice. :yep::yep::yep:

Make that 3 ounces.... :yep:

Sis, I don't ask for much. Do I ? :look:

:lol:
The one thing I have is room....:yep:. I wish I were on the beach, but will a couple of Palm Trees do?

I have Coconut Water in the fridge...will get the pineapple and juice...that sounds so good:lick:

You don't ask for much and I will have it for you as soon as you come to my house....I promise!

Shimmie

Staff member
The one thing I have is room....:yep:. I wish I were on the beach, but will a couple of Palm Trees do?

I have Coconut Water in the fridge...will get the pineapple and juice...that sounds so good:lick:

You don't ask for much and I will have it for you as soon as you come to my house....I promise!

:kiss: Thank you Precious Wavy.

Nice & Wavy

On a sunny Sunday afternoon, two young church members were going door to door to invite people to visit their services. When they knocked on one door, it was immediately clear the woman who answered was not happy to see them. She told them in no uncertain terms that she did not want to hear their message, and before they could say anything more, she slammed the door in their faces.

To her surprise, however, the door did not close; in fact, it bounced back open. She tried again, really putting her back into it, and slammed it again with the same result - the door bounced back open. Convinced these rude young people were sticking their foot in her door, she reared back to give it a slam that would teach them a lesson. Just then, one of them said quietly: "Ma'am, before you do that again, you really need to move your cat."
There are times in our lives when we need to pay attention to how we are perceived not only by others, but to ourselves. This story represents a woman who could care less about others and in turn was "careless" by injuring her cat. I'm sure she didn't want to do that, but because she didn't care about what others had to say to her, she missed the opportunity to see that her cat was in danger.

Shimmie

Staff member
There are times in our lives when we need to pay attention to how we are perceived not only by others, but to ourselves. This story represents a woman who could care less about others and in turn was "careless" by injuring her cat. I'm sure she didn't want to do that, but because she didn't care about what others had to say to her, she missed the opportunity to see that her cat was in danger.

Yikes! That's Ministry. We only hurt ourselves or those we love by rejecting God. I know this, first hand.

Nice & Wavy

Yikes! That's Ministry. We only hurt ourselves or those we love by rejecting God. I know this, first hand.
Exactly and I was prompted to write this before going to teach tonight because I see this on a daily and I pray that someone gets it....for real this time, I really do...that is my prayer!

Love you, sis :love2:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Aw man, that jerk turkey looks so tasty...crispy edges... :grin:
Thank you for sharing..I can almost smell it looking at that pic.. my goodness :lol:

For you and Laela :love2:

Jerk Turkey Wings (cut from the market):lick: So good.
The turkey actually looks light in the picture, but its actually darker and crispier on the edges....:lick:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Psalms 119:130
130The unfolding of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple. - NIV

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. - KJV

Shimmie

Staff member
Not too sure how true this is, but its an interesting read and one I truly can believe...:yep:

***A MUST READ***
A man of 32 years, was smoking, while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said:'God, that's for you.' He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic. After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can sink it'. The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic

Marilyn Monroe (Actress)
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'. A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

Bon Scott (Singer)
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: 'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'. On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.

Campinas (IN 2005)
In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend.The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the
drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand,
who was already seated in the car: 'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.' She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk,
cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full '. Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist & entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive....'Jesus'

Nice & Wavy....

I came across this scripture and remembered your post:

“In the last times there will be people who laugh about God, following their own evil desires which are against God.” These are the people who divide you, people whose thoughts are only of this world, who do not have the Spirit.

But dear friends, use your most holy faith to build yourselves up, praying in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the Lord Jesus Christ with his mercy to give you life forever.

Jude 1:18-21 NCV

I don't want to see anyone suffer and go to hell. :nono: Life matters, both here on earth and after. It matters to honour God and to trust Him.

I'm praying for those who 'curse' God and rebel against Him. I'm praying that they each (all) surrender their hearts to God and believe in His love for them which is far truer than their choice not to believe in Him.

In Jesus' Name, Father God, let them be set free to know, to love and to honour you. Amen.

Iwanthealthyhair67

This right here is a Selah scripture, the whole chapter is powerful.

Eph 3:19

19and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God20Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,

But consider this; we are our own hindrances the reason why we haven’t been experiencing the fullness God in every area of our lives as we should, is because of doubt, fear and unbelief therefore, we have no power.

Last edited:

blazingthru

Wine

Although not the normal drink of the day, intoxicating wines did exist in Bible times, and in every case they receive unfavorable reference. Deut. 32:23,24,33; Prov. 4:14-17; Hab. 2:5,15; Ps. 58:4; Hos. 7:5; Ps. 60:3; Isa. 5:22; 28:7,8; Jer. 25:15.

Deuteronomy 32:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.

Deuteronomy 32:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.

Deuteronomy 32:33
King James Version (KJV)
33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.

Proverbs 4:14-17
King James Version (KJV)
14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.

Habakkuk 2:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Habakkuk 2:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

Psalm 58:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;

Hosea 7:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 In the day of our king the princes have made him sick with bottles of wine; he stretched out his hand with scorners.

Psalm 60:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.

Isaiah 5:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Isaiah 28:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

Isaiah 28:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

Jeremiah 25:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.

Leigh

Wine

Although not the normal drink of the day, intoxicating wines did exist in Bible times, and in every case they receive unfavorable reference. Deut. 32:23,24,33; Prov. 4:14-17; Hab. 2:5,15; Ps. 58:4; Hos. 7:5; Ps. 60:3; Isa. 5:22; 28:7,8; Jer. 25:15.

Deuteronomy 32:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.

Deuteronomy 32:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.

Deuteronomy 32:33
King James Version (KJV)
33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.

Proverbs 4:14-17
King James Version (KJV)
14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.

Habakkuk 2:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Habakkuk 2:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

Psalm 58:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;

Hosea 7:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 In the day of our king the princes have made him sick with bottles of wine; he stretched out his hand with scorners.

Psalm 60:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.

Isaiah 5:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Isaiah 28:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

Isaiah 28:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

Jeremiah 25:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.

John 2:3-12
When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
Now there were six stone water jars there for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. And he said to them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the feast.” So they took it. When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now.” This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. And his disciples believed in him.

Nice Lady

“Each day is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to Him.”
― T.D. Jakes, Maximize the Moment: God's Action Plan For Your Life

Nice & Wavy

@Nice & Wavy....

I came across this scripture and remembered your post:

“In the last times there will be people who laugh about God, following their own evil desires which are against God.” These are the people who divide you, people whose thoughts are only of this world, who do not have the Spirit.

But dear friends, use your most holy faith to build yourselves up, praying in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the Lord Jesus Christ with his mercy to give you life forever.

Jude 1:18-21 NCV

I don't want to see anyone suffer and go to hell. :nono: Life matters, both here on earth and after. It matters to honour God and to trust Him.

I'm praying for those who 'curse' God and rebel against Him. I'm praying that they each (all) surrender their hearts to God and believe in His love for them which is far truer than their choice not to believe in Him.

In Jesus' Name, Father God, let them be set free to know, to love and to honour you. Amen.
Amen, sis...amen! This is why the Lord uses you so much because you have a heart to not see anyone lost. If we all had that heart, there will be many who would come to Christ and be saved.

Thank you for that awesome prayer! Love you, sis :bighug:

Pooks

[

We could learn a lot from trees about how to weather a storm. When the pressure comes, a tree forces its roots deeper into the ground so it can stand firm and not blow over. Notice, it doesn't uproot itself and move to a less threatening location. It stands firm against the harsh winds, and so can you. There is a purpose behind your pain, and if you'll let it root you deeper in the Lord instead of driving you away, you'll come out of your storm stronger, more mature, firm and immovable. Storms make us steadfast.

God always has your very best interest at heart. Always. He has a plan that's going to bless you and all those around you, regardless of how bad things may look right now. Don't be fooled by what you see. Your circumstances will not change God's plans for you, but God's plans will change your circumstances. God isn't finished yet. Your circumstances are a work in progress.

Be encouraged!
:love2:

I LOVE this N&W! Sharing! :)

TODAY, CHOOSE ... to walk away from petty arguments, to walk away from repeated mistakes, and to walk away from careless words. – CHOOSE peace. CHOOSE wisdom. CHOOSE progress. ~~CALLED Magazine

I needed this.

Nice Lady

Since new developments are the products of a creative mind, we must therefore stimulate and encourage that type of mind in every way possible.
Author: George Washington Carver

MrsHaseeb

Acts 1:9-11 KJV
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. [10] And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; [11] Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Nice & Wavy

Praying for the situation regarding Syria and the Middle East.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem.

Praying for the leaders in the United States of America for wisdom.

Just praying, man....just praying.:nono:

Oh God...that you will be with us, your people...and protect and cover us and keep us from harm. I know that the time is very close...near as to our very breath, but I ask that as I continue to preach your gospel and lead people who don't know you to Jesus, that you surround us and keep us so that we can lead as many people as we can. There are so many that won't make it in...and that makes me :cry: weep. But, I trust you and I know that you will not fail...you can't fail...hallelujah!

Thank you, Father...thank you for your goodness and your mercy, which endures forever...great is your faithfulness to me! In Jesus name...Amen!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Paul referred to himself as a 'doulos' that means he didn't belong to himself he was a slave to Christ...

You can't serve God and still 'be in charge' of your own life....

JaneBond007

"People understand me so poorly that they don't even understand my complaint about them not understanding me."

~Soren Kierkegaard ~

:busted::hiya:

Nice & Wavy

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[b] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. English Standard Version

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality,10 Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God. Amplified

9-10 Don’t you realize that this is not the way to live? Unjust people who don’t care about God will not be joining in his kingdom. Those who use and abuse each other, use and abuse sex, use and abuse the earth and everything in it, don’t qualify as citizens in God’s kingdom. The Message

9 ¿O no sabéis que los injustos no heredarán el reino de Dios? No os dejéis engañar: ni los inmorales, ni los idólatras, ni los adúlteros, ni los afeminados, ni los homosexuales, 10 ni los ladrones, ni los avaros, ni los borrachos, ni los difamadores[a], ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. (La Biblia de las Américas)

The Truth can't get no plainer than this. The Word of God is the Truth, spoken in any language...everything else is a lie.:yep:

Praise the Name of the Lord!

Shimmie

Staff member
Catching up with reading the many wonderful posts in this thread. Thank you all for being such a blessing... :love3:

There are many posts that I've missed. I've skipped over so many without meaning to. Taking some time to read as many as I can. :bookworm:

To All...

:blowkiss:

Nice & Wavy

Interesting.

Gay churches? First Gentleman and First Wife? And they say its "God Approved!"??? Really....really?:look:

:lol:....oh my Lord...:nono:

The only thing God approves of His Word and His Word says this:

"For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?" I Peter 4:17

:nono:

So they will continue to mock God and tell HIM how they are going to live their lives....oooookkkkkkkkkkk.

We know that satan is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44). He is a counterfeiter, never having created anything himself, but only copying and perverting all God has made. Satan promotes a counterfeit gospel. (2 Cor. 11:3,4), institutes counterfeit ministers (2 Cor. 11:13-15), presents counterfeit doctrine (2 Tim. 4:1, Gal 1:6-7), even has a counterfeit communion table (1 Cor. 10:19-21), has a counterfeit power of lying signs, wonders and miracles (2 Thess. 2:8-10), even promotes a counterfeit messiah (2 Thess. 2:3,4).

Satan is such a liar he copies God's instructions on how to remember Him. In so doing, perverts God's original intent to a corrupt one.

Our loving God gave us the choice to follow Him. I sincerely pray you have made that choice. The best way to see through counterfeit gospels, gods, doctrines, and commandments, are to know the real ones through and through. Read the bible each day, practice memorizing scriptures. Pray deeply in your walk with the Lord, not just quickie hello prayers or "I want" prayers seeking His hands.

Seek His face.

(Excerpt of "Satan is a Counterfeit")

Last edited:

Nice Lady

Sometimes when you take strong stands, if you're not called to do it, you're dividing the audience you're trying to reach.
Joel Osteen