2012 DC Challenge Part III (July 1st- Sept 30th)

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
@Arian what does that smell like? I have Curl Junkie's Hibiscus and Banana Deep Conditioner and I like the results but I can't stand the smell. :nono:

The Strawberry ice cream scent smells heavenly. I also have the Gardenia Coconut scent and that one smells like baby vomit, milk breath, and stinky feet. :nono: bernag06

DominicanBrazilian82

Ok... So upon noticing some damage (unsure if its heat, lack of moisture, MN, etc) I took my hair to the spa. I first sectioned my hair like I was relaxing it, put garlic oil on my scalp, followed by coconut oil, then moisturized the damaged hair shaft areas individually with my CON Argan Oil Moisturizer, repeat for each individual section. My entire scalp was saturated with oil! It was heavenly because I never oil my scalp! I went to the beach and let it sit for a few hours. I did an overnight DC dry with silicon mix, shampoo'd this afternoon and now intensive DC'ing (heat on and off) with AE Garlic Mask since about 5pm.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

WendellaWoody

DCing on dry hair with Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Creme with ayurvedic oils mixed in. Will leave it in most of the day without heat or cap, and will prob steam with it before washing it out.

Going to do a henna treatment tomorrow...

WendellaWoody

Dominican_Brazilian, let us know how it turns out! That hair spa day sounds fabulous!!! I love sectioning my hair and applying condish like a relaxer...my hair LOVES that! That's how I applied my cholesterol creme today.

DominicanBrazilian82

WendellaWoody said:
Dominican_Brazilian, let us know how it turns out! That hair spa day sounds fabulous!!! I love sectioning my hair and applying condish like a relaxer...my hair LOVES that! That's how I applied my cholesterol creme today.

It came out very soft! I did an AVJ/ACV final rinse and air dried. Sometimes it's good to add a little extra care to your hair. Preventative care is better, but once you see damage, combatting it is absolutely necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

WendellaWoody

ok, so I DC on dry hair with cholesterol creme with ayurvedic oils mixed in for about 3 hours, then washed it out. Then mixed up some bringraj powder with aloe vera powder, applied it and left it on for 2 hours, then rinsed it out with V05. Then, put more Queen Helene Cholesterol Creme + ayurvedic oils on hair and letting it stay on overnight.

Hennaing tomorrow.

I seriously better have some long, thick, heathy flowing locks after all this TLC!!! :lol:

Babygrowth

DC'ed last night with HQS coco mango with tea underneath and EVOO on top... loving this combo for my hair right now...

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
DC'ing now under a cap:
avg in my roots
avg and saa on my hair
DC tea blend
AOC
OIls and agave
Yes:lick:

LexiDior

checking in. for the first time everrrrr i DCed over night. My hair wasnt mushy because the conditioners i used was where both protein and moisturizing.

lovelycurls

Dc'd with :
Yes to tomatoes volumizing conditioner
Cream of nature argan oil condish
Hairveda's red tea nourishing conditioner
Gariner fruictis fall fight condish
Honey
Evco
Wheat germ oil
Acv
Saw palmetto tea
Burdock root tea
And heat for 1 hr.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

lamaria211

After Roux mendex for 15 mins Deep conditioning now on clean hair with a mix of Nexxus Humectress, Organix Macadamia oil hair mask, PC, honey, EVOCO and Africas Best Herbal oil gonna leave it on for 3+hrs using my heating cap for 30-45mins

naturalagain2

keep forgetting to put what I've been DC'ing with lately anyway....

Prepoo'd overnight with Vatika Frosting/Olive Oil/& Honey

Dc'ing this morning with MD Honey Peach Syrup :lick: