2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

auparavant

It's okay to be human. Problems? Tell them to Him. He understands. Don't hide and hold them in as though your life is perfect. Everyone knows you aren't flawless. People do the worst disservice to themselves trying to maintain an image of perfection. Be human...warts and all. Being real and knowing where to go and to whom speaks more to those looking for Him than those who live a plastic life. Don't sweat talking about the difficulties. It can be healing if you go to the right one...Him.

CoilyFields

Jesus told me they would persecute the church...but its a good thing he also told me not to worrry because he had already overcome the world!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Please keep singer Usher's family in prayer after a tragic boating incident left his stepson brain dead. I cry for our youths... Many of them won't be going back to school in the fall because they are being killed in accidents... boating accidents, DUI accidents, car accidents, heat deaths... Please pray for the families of the young people killed this summer all across the U.S. There is surely a vicious 'attack' on the youths...

Laela

I believe we all have assigned angels to protect us... they watch our every move. I pray that we are protected and in the Will of God in all we say/do. Who/what are we being protected from..? The Fallen ones...

auparavant

A miserable catholic moment....smelling something around me but not knowing what it was. I thought it might be sweat in this heat . Making sure I bathe even longer and use crystal everywhere to help in this heat wave, checking underpits etc. Smelling this intermittent funk again... But wait a minute, I just bathed! Never mind...it was my scapular! :rolleyes: LOL. I guess it can only take so many showers being on my neck and wet all the time. Fonky mildewy thing..but it's blessed, so time to douse it in peroxide! :look: G-d keeps on keeping us humble. I've worse stories...:look:

Eh, Jesus, I trust in You!

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Lord I want to be in rest. The news I got today was heart breaking. I really am disturbed. It's like you keep sending me news that makes me not be able to just be in rest. I can't get comfortable. I don't like this. Why am I not allowed to have my quiet time in life. No one wants me so why can't I just live life quietly and no longer exist? I'm trying hard to be peppy and fight a good fight but I'm totally overwhelmed with things. I want to pray but can't.

Laela

Anyone interested in reading this book?

A free copy is available from Voice of The Martyrs --> Tortured for Christ Order Form

Request a complimentary copy of Tortured for Christ
The Voice of the Martyrs invites you to request a complimentary copy of Richard Wurmbrand's international bestseller, Tortured for Christ. Simply complete the address form below. Along with the the copy of Tortured for Christ, you will receive a complimentary subscription to The Voice of the Martyrs award-winning monthly newsletter. This timely newsletter will keep you informed on Christian persecution worldwide while sharing practical opportunities to help Christians who are persecuted for their faith.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Speaking at a conference tomorrow. I'm nervous but also excited about what God has given me to share with the youth.

DreamLife

Started a 14 day devotional using my YouVersion Bible app "Hearing From God Each Morning" plan by Joyce Meyer. It has been pretty good to start the morning with a scripture and commentary to get me focused for the day.

LifeafterLHCF

God I need patience. I throw people away so easy because one I don't want to get hurt but more importantly I'm just impatient about alot of things. I don't want to be that way because I could be missing out on good relationships.

I want to be able to love thy neighbor as the word says. I need patience and more compassion on those areas.

sidney

And a little child will lead them...For the past few days I have been reflecting on what this verse in Isaiah means. What is so desirable about the traits of little children that serves as a model such that a child could lead me? Well, they are honest to a fault. They speak the truth without intending to harm anyone. They have crazy faith and big imaginations. They believe almost anything is possible. They love everyone. They are incredibly discerning. They trust the words of their parents as unadulterated truth...word as true...I bet some kids still think I know Dora the Explorer lol. They are very humble, they have little realization of themselves or their abilities compared to other people. They see needs...if you are sad, they will see it and show you love. If they have tea sets, they will share(sometimes lol) what they have with you. They are just sweet and lovable(sometimes lol). Jesus loves the little children. They are my role models...

Iwanthealthyhair67

yesterday I was watching one of those 'plays' ...Vivica Fox and Brian Mckniwght and one of the characters at the end began to pretend speaking in tongues, that is not cute to play with the Holy Ghost...when they are not typing in tongues they just pretending to speak it ...smh

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Prayed for my sister's salvation and then maturity in Christ for years and now she's leading a rapidly growing ministry in this city. Praise God! And she is so hungry to learn and grow. The fire the Lord has lit in her is heating me up too! And it feels like a spiritual springtime.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
"Transference is the true anointing. 'Gold and silver have I none but such as I have I give thee. Stand up and walk…'" --Clay Sikes

Laela

Like this little dude right here? :lachen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8aprCNnecU

And a little child will lead them...For the past few days I have been reflecting on what this verse in Isaiah means. What is so desirable about the traits of little children that serves as a model such that a child could lead me? Well, they are honest to a fault. They speak the truth without intending to harm anyone. They have crazy faith and big imaginations. They believe almost anything is possible. They love everyone. They are incredibly discerning. They trust the words of their parents as unadulterated truth...word as true...I bet some kids still think I know Dora the Explorer lol. They are very humble, they have little realization of themselves or their abilities compared to other people. They see needs...if you are sad, they will see it and show you love. If they have tea sets, they will share(sometimes lol) what they have with you. They are just sweet and lovable(sometimes lol). Jesus loves the little children. They are my role models...

Vonnieluvs08

Haven't posted in a while. Life has been busy and fruitful in some ways. Thank you to the ladies that prayed for me and my family. Life is till hard like this past weekend was my aunt's birthday and it was hard I had to work and had class so I missed what ever they did. Some days I have to remind myself she isn't here, she won't be at the house when I go to visit. Lord has been faithful in comforting us. Praying my families eyes will be opened.

LifeafterLHCF

Seeing me for me isn't so nice. I sometimes I really want to throw in the towel about change. I want want to honestly believe that what God started he will see to completion. I am unlike a child so I can't believe in somethings. One day the thoughts I have will match God..maybe once I'm in heaven.

Lissa0821

Sometimes being uncomfortable is of God, it leads you to seek Him and His way. I can want what I think I want or I can pursue God and obtain higher than what I think I want.

I need God's direction for a new job, new home and a new car, it is a little overwhelming when I even think about these things in my own strength. But I know as I meditate and seek God, He will become my strength and my wisdom. He will direct my steps, order the words that come out of my mouth. He will become my praise and my joy. My current needs will become desires fulfilled, in a way that screams "Nobody but God could have done that for Lissa0821".

Prudent1

I miss them as well...

@Prudent1... where are you, lady? :look:

Hey Laela and everyone! **waves** God blessed me with another job! :yay: I knew when I accepted the position there were several projects way behind schedule. So, I knew I would not be online as much for a few months. All is well:grin:! I miss u guys in the CF:yep:. Got another hard deadline at the end of this month, then I think things will level off. :rosebud:

Renewed1

Hi everyone!

I'm attending my first ministry meeting at my church. God has been pulling me to go and do HIS work all the more. I'm looking forward to joining more ministry when our "Care center" open.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hey Laela and everyone! **waves** God blessed me with another job! :yay: I knew when I accepted the position there were several projects way behind schedule. So, I knew I would not be online as much for a few months. All is well:grin:! I miss u guys in the CF:yep:. Got another hard deadline at the end of this month, then I think things will level off. :rosebud:

Prudent1

:bighug: I miss you. So glad that all is well with you. God has you blessing others with your gift of organization. You're placing things in Godly order on your new job as only a child of God can do.

I miss your 'siggy pics'. I still love the one which made me smile the most; the one with your hair progress with the yellow blouse. Love it :lol: Love you more :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi everyone!

I'm attending my first ministry meeting at my church. God has been pulling me to go and do HIS work all the more. I'm looking forward to joining more ministry when our "Care center" open.

:congrats:

You are annointed and appointed and these are not words of 'cliche'.

Shimmie

Staff member
Please keep singer Usher's family in prayer after a tragic boating incident left his stepson brain dead. I cry for our youths... Many of them won't be going back to school in the fall because they are being killed in accidents... boating accidents, DUI accidents, car accidents, heat deaths... Please pray for the families of the young people killed this summer all across the U.S. There is surely a vicious 'attack' on the youths...

No weapon formed against them shall prosper... in Jesus' Name Amen!