2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

You have not because you ask not. We don't ask to expend it on selfish. and excessive desires...but yes He does meet needs, and bless beyond expectations for those who ask of Him when his children seek Him in prayer.

Yes but some are and heck I have only been on my focus for my desires. I am looking at things super differently. I know so many who pray and do dollar offerings to get their Benz and house,and furs. I'm more focus on the inside of a person and that is what should be prayed for. Wisdom is more important..but I see so many who are so stuck on things.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I guess the best thing is not always to say something unless God impresses you to, but pray for them that they will never be misguided or get haughty and think that what they're doing is in of themselves...(meaning by their own strength), I've seen many gifted people of God fall when the let their 'giftings' get to their heads..

What do you typically tell someone who has a Gift (not same as natural talent) and is using it for God's glory alone?

Miss this... actually it was a real question. lol .. just wanted to know how folks addressed someone like that. For instance, I saw where someone told a person with a Gift.. "May God enlarge your territory" and it seemed fitting... just was wondering... :grin:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My brother had a stroke sometime this weekend and he wasn't found till Monday morning when he didn't show up for work.

This is the third time he's had a serious health crisis, but this will be the one that he doesn't walk away from in a week or two. He can't move anything on the right side of his body. He can't speak. No one has mentioned any facial issues. I will see him on Friday.

I know God is with him and that just being alive for the THIRD time means he's already a miracle.

I'm just so sad for him.

He has always been fatalistic about his health. Just resigned to poor health rather than taking action to change his lifestyle. He would talk about dying young. And I would tell him... "You don't always get to die! You might be an invalid where someone has to take care of you and change your diapers!"

Well here we are... at least (hopefully) temporarily. I really can't believe I'm even talking about my brother and not some "other."

LadyRaider .. Praying for your brother; that his health is restored readily and even more, his expectations in and for his life to grow into a positive faith that will keep him whole. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

auparavant

Bittersweet about Obamacare because our Church is being forced to provide birth control when it's against our teaching. Religious liberties....everyone is pointing the finger at us...but wait, cuz they're next.

sidney

What is prophecy? It's revelation of God's will according to scriptures. It is a call to draw people to the heart of God. It is a call to turn away from sin. When we study the books of the prophets there is always a call to return to God. Prophecy is not about stuff. Yes, He loves to bless His children. And yes He does reveal promises to encourage people. But what good is a blessing if a lifestyle does not allow one to maintain it. His precepts lead to honor and prosperity, you don't have to await a lottery moment ... Your leaf can be green even in the rough seasons when you are planted next to the rivers of water.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law He meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields fruit in seasons and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Psalm 1

LoveisYou

A thought occurred to me this morning that really put me into action
It all started with the financial breakthrough thread and the Bible verses about giving

I never want to look back on my single years in regret that I didn't use my time for the kingdom. I could be doing so much more, being so much more giving with my time, and I'm not. Thank God for this revelation!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Father help us not to be double and secret agents, help us to live the life that we speak and take a stand for everything that you did, to speak the same as you. Help us to walk worthy of the vocation in which we are called and to not be ashamed of the Gospel which is the power of God to salvation to everyone that believeth.

In Jesus name Amen!

Pooks

Thank you to those who prayed for me this week. It was quite frightening, but God has brought me through. Holding on to Him.

BostonMaria

The past few days have been very sad for me. I keep reading the newspaper and reading about all kinds of things that are evil and I stop and wonder if everyone has lost their minds. It sometimes feels like the world is going straight to hell and everyone is happy about it.

Then I felt like the Holy Spirit told me to stop reading those threads, articles, newspapers and stop following the world. It finally dawned on me that I am putting all of my attention on negativity. Time to put those childish things away.

Going out to run errands and enjoy this beautiful day God has given me

LifeafterLHCF

Blessed last night by someone's testimony. It always refreshes me to hear God at work. Loving the calm I'm in right now. Life is good. Life may not be perfect or I may not be where I had hope but I can't even try and deny how good life is at this moment. God is good and his mercy is wonderful. Thank God he doesn't give us what we deserve. His steadfast love is awesome. Have you ever thought if God really gave us what we deserve or even more have you ever thought of the life we would have if God never went and died on the cross? Thank God for covering a debt my body would never be able to withstand.

auparavant

Now, if I had said to you that your religion sux and I insulted it and poked fun, you'd find fault with me. But to stand there and insult mine like it's nothing and like I'm okay with it? Trying to get a rise out of me? That's why the silence. I don't have to rebuke you or anything cuz prayer does wonders for myself first to deal with this crappy behavior. But c'mon! That's clearly wrong!

brg240

So maybe God is trying to teach me patience. I'm not one to talk a lot or say hi to many people at my church but today I was and then i got stopped by someone for a good 10 - 15 min after service and I didn't get to say hi to those people :(

I am slightly attracted to someone at my church and it's pretty unwanted.:ohwell: I just want to focus on God right now and they are popping in my head. I've gone years without being attracted to anyone and now this when i'm trying to focus. No gracias.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

brg240 maybe God wanted you to notice that young man. Don't write it all the way off. Keep seeking God and everything will fall into place.

I love today's message. I have that my peeps in the DMV had power issues bc it pushed service back an 1hr and half but its worth it. I so want to be in the building so I can see my pastor in the flesh. I will get there one day. We must take responsibility in regards to our emotional health. I use to run myself into the ground for others and not say no. Now I will say no in a heart beat. I find this weekend no money,no energy was God's nice way of saying you need rest. I will rest the remaining of the day as a new work week is on the horizon.

brg240

brg240 maybe God wanted you to notice that young man. Don't write it all the way off. Keep seeking God and everything will fall into place.

I love today's message. I have that my peeps in the DMV had power issues bc it pushed service back an 1hr and half but its worth it. I so want to be in the building so I can see my pastor in the flesh. I will get there one day. We must take responsibility in regards to our emotional health. I use to run myself into the ground for others and not say no. Now I will say no in a heart beat. I find this weekend no money,no energy was God's nice way of saying you need rest. I will rest the remaining of the day as a new work week is on the horizon.

GoddessMaker
Perhaphs? Idk. Anyway, my philosphy has been if people pop in your head then they need prayer. So I guess I'll add him to my prayer list.

you listen to a satellite church right? What church is it?

LifeafterLHCF

brg240 your siggy cracks me up..he is doing something with that bagged salad..lol

Pray for him you never know what God could have in store with this man.

My church is Zion church based out of MD. I love it soo much. It's my church no matter what others may say it's what I call home.

brg240

lol he really is.

That's true and I will be :yep:

Oh yeah my twin's church is a satellite one too. Since you mentioned the dmv i was wondering if i'd have heard of it but I'm down here southern VA so I probably wouldn't know it.

Lita

A tornado hit my parents today..The roof came off on one of the buildings they have..I'm very great-full they are ok..Thank God..

*Sad note One of the dogs was blown away...

Last edited:

brg240

A tornado hit my parents today..The roof came off on one of the buildings they have..I'm very great-full they are ok..Thank God..

I'm glad your parents are okay. I'm sorry one the dogs was blown away though :( Maybe he'll be found, hopefully.

auparavant

So sorry about that. I wish them a speedy recovery in their losses.

auparavant

I guess the best thing is not always to say something unless God impresses you to, but pray for them

I've read this 3 times and am coming back to reply that I know this is also true in cases where you deal with close ones who say negative things about your religion - just half that sentence. Some people would have you beating folks on the head with your bible. I'm not into that and proselytizing lacks respect for human dignity and choice. I once spoke to my priest about a situation and I was right not to even defend my faith. Sometimes, silence is better. One can always vent elsewhere, which I've done on a variety of occasions.

I do remember most his saying that, with ones that close in relation to you, be wise and careful about insulting them - that a perceived insult could consist of telling them they are offending you with their negative babble. It's all in the spirit of how you say things and timing is everything...well, sometimes. I felt I was right to withhold a retort. I have to hold my tongue and they know that, in my silence, I'm not pleased and feel insulted by their attacks. They don't see it as an attack but as a defense against those who have historically harmed them. We have to make a distinction between individuals and that is the current problem. :nono:

auparavant

Sigh, here we go again. Honestly, at 70+ and trying to discourage a believer....I feel sorry for him cuz he hasn't learned that people can believe in G-d without being duped. What's it to him anyway? I mean, isn't it kinda the same thing? Worried about what another believes and telling them they are mislead...aren't those the exact same charges and behavior despised aimed at non-believers? So, you don't want someone to believe...then you harass them to unbelieve? Um....:look:

LifeafterLHCF

God your so good and I'm so thankful you allowed me another day. You have taken care of my need. Help me to be able to do what you want Lord. Your way will happen. I'm happy,I have peace even when I'm sleepy. You have provided me rest in my spirit. That says alot. I never thought I could be at peace like this is a normal thing for me. Your light is bright. I thought it was my bronzer that is giving me that sparkle but that is you Lord coming from within.

SummerSolstice

Praying for a hedge of protection around all of you

:lol:

Lita

I'm glad your parents are okay. I'm sorry one the dogs was blown away though :( Maybe he'll be found, hopefully.

brg240 Thanks..They found her the next day in a pile of hay..Way on the other side..She is doing well my day said..What are the odds of her landing in the hay...I'm very happy..

*My parents are doing well thanks..We are thankful..