2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

auparavant

How do you begin again? Words of courage..."think back to when you were a girl..." become that girl again. Taking the chance even though it seems so stupid. It's all I got, man. Reaching to what I knew, even if others never knew it from my eyes...reaching, grasping for air...I have to breathe! That first breath of life, gotta steal that back. Weaker in body, battered in mind, wasted in years...there's but one little spark left. I want to burn, ignite ...I wanna ......................soar

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Revelation 12:14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
How do you begin again? Words of courage..."think back to when you were a girl..." become that girl again. Taking the chance even though it seems so stupid. It's all I got, man. Reaching to what I knew, even if others never knew it from my eyes...reaching, grasping for air...I have to breathe! That first breath of life, gotta steal that back. Weaker in body, battered in mind, wasted in years...there's but one little spark left. I want to burn, ignite ...I wanna ......................soar

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Revelation 12:14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach.

Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah [meaning 'My Delight is in Her'], and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. ----- Isaiah 62:4

:Rose: :Rose: :Rose:

Still praying for you... :pray: :yep: :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm still taken aback at the change within me. I still stumble but I get back up. I love my church online but I keep having dreams of either moving to an area in my state to start going to a brick and mortar church or moving to the spot my online church is based out of. I know it will take alot of prompting and research to find a church I would feel good in and can believe in. If I don't trust the pastor I won't go period.

I'm finding reading and studying my bible easier to do now. I'm grateful for the support here even at times it comes rough or not the way I would want it to I still can get the meat and spit the bone.

I pray that all lurker and poster alike dig deep this coming week and do something God wants you to do. It could be smiling at strangers,tithing,working out,studying your bible,not giving the finger whilst in traffic,getting rest,not giving into monthly urges etc. With every step we take in the right direction it gets better not easier but better because we can see the purpose and results.

Beautiful Word from a Beautiful Heart..."Yours" :love3:

Thank you for sharing this. I promise to at least 3 (three) of what you asked of us above... steps in the 'right' direction.

Shimmie

Staff member
I come to You broken. Please allow me to sit in the background. :'( I'm so sorry.

msdr ... :love2:

God's answer to you, from his heart to yours...

You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.

----- Song of Solomon 4:6

Shimmie

Staff member
Today I actually put my info in the offering box at a new church. Wow. I never change. I don't like change. But my old church is 200 miles away.

Actually I'd already moved a ways from my church 10-12 years ago. But I never found a church that even remotely made me want to transfer my letter.

Here in this new town (for 2 years, now) I have actually liked all the churches I visited. One was too far away and too...noisy... for my traditional soul. One was too... clean...Methodist...something. I grew up Methodist, but I have been Baptist as an adult. Even though it was a very special baptist church.

The new pastor is young, about my height (and I am NOT tall) and I could fit him in a pocket in a pinch. How different he is than Dr. Bethune who is tall and broad shouldered, once jet-black haired, now silver haired, and looked to me like Michael himself sometimes. Silly to care what the preacher looks like... but remember I don't like CHANGE... so having a "beautiful" pastor is part of what I'm used to.

Still, this guy preaches a LOT like Dr. Bethune. He stays close to scripture and then makes connections to our lives, and then to other scholars/writers. Today he told a cool story about Annie Dillard (I think that was the name.) And CS Lewis' Mere Christianity came up. That's what Dr. Bethune did. So that's familiar.

And this new guy is working on his Ph.D. at Baylor Seminary. At first I thought that this was like Dr. Bethune as well. But when I called up Dr. Bethune's bio, his undergraduate degree is from Baylor... his graduate degrees are from Princeton!

Yes the degree is important to me. I'm a snob! I'm okay with less than the Ivy League though!

So anyway... the pocket-sized preacher passes muster. I don't know exactly how to judge the rest of the church though. He could leave and I could be stuck with a bunch of crazed haters, couldn't I?

Of course then I could always go on over to the Methodist Church. I liked that church... they were just so.... clean... hard to explain...

LadyRaider...

You're not a snob... you're being observant of the 'new' spirits around you and allowing yourself to listen to the Holy Spirit who is helping you to discern ... where you are.

Shimmie

Staff member
I feel so loved, my family is making me feel so special about my upcoming graduation in a few days
It was a long winding road getting here but God has been ever so faithful
My Lord!
I'm already tearing up

:congrats:

Congratulations :flowers: :clap: :yay: :dance7:

Pooks

What an ugly, depressing, tiresome day... Physically and emotionally spent, still can't sleep, my mind is full of the ugliness, vulgarity, deception. Lord I need you like never before.

Earlier a friend sent me to Marvin Sapp 'He Has His Hands on You', wonderful song for when you're really going through something.

WorkInProgress88

Pooks said:
What an ugly, depressing, tiresome day... Physically and emotionally spent, still can't sleep, my mind is full of the ugliness, vulgarity, deception. Lord I need you like never before.

it's like you're reading my mind...praying for better days

auparavant

Ah, I see what's going on. You aren't going to win, the blood of Christ over you. The Beginning and the End, there is but One L-rd. At the end of time, all will bow to One, every soul comes from One. This day is victorious in the Messiah.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Last edited:

blazingthru

Today was an lesson learned. The message this weekend was on Saul and his Pride and you know he never repented, I never realize that he never repented from his sins. HE just said I have sinned and he pretty much embraced his sin from that moment on. Unrepentant and he died. I took my daughter to school and I past a particular street that I never linger on its just a street I pass. On my way back there on the ground lay a Young Woman Dead. She laid there on the ground dead. Now I just drove past that street no more then 10 minutes ago and here she lays dead. Her life is over and people were driving by and walking right on by her body. I was devastated, I could barely drive home, I could not stop crying and I just poured my heart out to God. I had to thank him for the privilege of life. That I had today to fix whatever wrong I had done. To put my children before the lord. To remember to pray all day long for my children. To continually thank God for all the blessings that he gives me because tomorrow is not promise not even ten minutes is promised in this life. I prayed that that woman's life was in God's hands and she died saved, but I didn't know. Didn't know her, her family or that neighborhood. I know I won't ever forget that.

Iwanthealthyhair67

blazingthru said:
Today was an lesson learned. The message this weekend was on Saul and his Pride and you know he never repented, I never realize that he never repented from his sins. HE just said I have sinned and he pretty much embraced his sin from that moment on. Unrepentant and he died. I took my daughter to school and I past a particular street that I never linger on its just a street I pass. On my way back there on the ground lay a Young Woman Dead. She laid there on the ground dead. Now I just drove past that street no more then 10 minutes ago and here she lays dead. Her life is over and people were driving by and walking right on by her body. I was devastated, I could barely drive home, I could not stop crying and I just poured my heart out to God. I had to thank him for the privilege of life. That I had today to fix whatever wrong I had done. To put my children before the lord. To remember to pray all day long for my children. To continually thank God for all the blessings that he gives me because tomorrow is not promise not even ten minutes is promised in this life. I prayed that that woman's life was in God's hands and she died saved, but I didn't know. Didn't know her, her family or that neighborhood. I know I won't ever forget that.

Sorry wrong thread

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Lord I pray my situation changes in one area so I can move on once and for all. If the end result isn't what I desire Lord show me how to deal. I'm happy for once in my life. I have joy and want to do right fully even when it feels crazy.

auparavant

@Blazinthru

That was devastating and shocking...and I pray for you and your children. Don't worry about them but trust in Him. I know you've dedicated them to G-d. Sorry to hear you went through that today...and people just acting like nothing. SMH. Life is so precious!!! :hugs:

Shimmie

Staff member
Today was an lesson learned. The message this weekend was on Saul and his Pride and you know he never repented, I never realize that he never repented from his sins. HE just said I have sinned and he pretty much embraced his sin from that moment on. Unrepentant and he died.

I took my daughter to school and I past a particular street that I never linger on its just a street I pass.

On my way back there on the ground lay a Young Woman Dead. She laid there on the ground dead. Now I just drove past that street no more then 10 minutes ago and here she lays dead. Her life is over and people were driving by and walking right on by her body.

I was devastated, I could barely drive home, I could not stop crying and I just poured my heart out to God. I had to thank him for the privilege of life. That I had today to fix whatever wrong I had done. To put my children before the lord. To remember to pray all day long for my children. To continually thank God for all the blessings that he gives me because tomorrow is not promise not even ten minutes is promised in this life.

I prayed that that woman's life was in God's hands and she died saved, but I didn't know. Didn't know her, her family or that neighborhood. I know I won't ever forget that.

Awww Blaz... I'm so sorry, this is so sad. I feel badly for this precious life and for the hurt in your heart. How could people walk so cruelly and uncaring around and past her body? Hollow hearts. :nono:

:bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
life .........................

Yes, Loved One... "Life"...

You live it so beautifully and the power of God flows through all that you do.

Live it Babygirl... live it. You are about to find out something quite wonderful which super 'cedes' all; that you have the strength and all of the faith and trust in God's promises to live it.

There are days and moments of those days which seem so scrarey, uncertain, most of all void of peace. Yet... we get 'past' it.

In this life, you shall have "Life" and you shall have it more abundantly.

Whatever it is in life with you now... know that this too, shall past.

:grouphug2:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
About to get a copy....

"Bad girls of the Bible" by Lizz Curtis Higgs

By Liz Curtis Higgs - WaterBrook Press (1999) - Paperback - 256 pages - ISBN 1578561256

Women everywhere marvel at those “good girls” in Scripture–Sarah, Mary, Esther–but on most days, that’s not who they see when they look in the mirror. Most women (if they’re honest) see the selfishness of Sapphira or the deception of Delilah. They catch of glimpse of Jezebel’s take-charge pride or Eve’s disastrous disobedience. Like Bathsheba, Herodias, and the rest, today’s modern woman is surrounded by temptations, exhausted by the demands of daily living, and burdened by her own desires.

So what’s a good girl to do? Learn from their lives, says beloved humor writer Liz Curtis Higgs, and by God’s Grace, choose a better path. In Bad Girls of the Bible, Higgs offers a unique and clear-sighted approach to understanding those “other women” in Scripture, combining a contemporary retelling of their stories with a solid, verse-by-verse study of their mistakes and what lessons women today can learn from them. Whether they were “Bad to the Bone,” “Bad for a Season, but Not Forever” or only “Bad for a Moment,” these infamous sisters show women how not to handle the challenges of life. With her trademark humor and encouragement, Liz Curtis Higgs teaches us how to avoid their tragic mistakes and joyfully embrace Grace.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I've always thought that getting nervous about things meant I had lil to no faith in God. I now know better. I am human and I have emotions, he loves me no matter what. Me getting a lil nervous every now and then will not push God away from me. It will only draw him nearer to me to comfort me in my time of need. Thank you Father.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
auparavant said:
Ah, I see what's going on. You aren't going to win, the blood of Christ over you. The Beginning and the End, there is but One L-rd. At the end of time, all will bow to One, every soul comes from One. This day is victorious in the Messiah.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Why did you remove the 'o' from Lord? Just curious. I've always seen something similiar around Christmas when people ex-out the word Christ in Christmas. I never thought to ask until now though.

Reminiscing

"For God has not give us a spirit of fear but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND." - 2 Timothy 1:7

Can't begin to describe how much this scripture comforts me.