2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Iwanthealthyhair67

READER, I'm reminding you that God is concerned about every little thing that concerns us...we have a very loving and compassionate Father and He thinks of everything....

loolalooh

That moment when you re-read a story in the Bible and see something you didn't see before.

Previously, I "read" through the dislocation of Jacob's hip. This time I am seeing something behind it ...

LifeafterLHCF

God what's wrong with society. I know the things that are going on must grieve you so badly. My spirit is grieved just at the thought of things in this world. But God is good so I will continue to focus on the positivity that is around and lean not on my understanding of this world. This life is short and I know what we do now will make our future..

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Okay so she was 'just' a dog, but not to me she was much much more than that, I get that you dont understand ...I'm beyond sad, but I know it will past...

If dogs go to heaven then Pebbles should definitely be there...

Hi Healthy Hair... I'm sorry about your precious Pebbles. Anyone who lives in your heart is always someone who is 'much more than'... and they always will be. Your Pebbles was not just a dog, she was and always will be your baby.

I am blessed that I got to 'know' her 'over the phone'; you trained her well for she knew when it was time to praise God during prayer time and in her own special way, she praised God loud and strong just like her 'mommie'... annointed and gifted and beautiful 'you'.

Your praise hasn't ceased. Nor has God's immeasurable love for you. I thank God for healing the pain in your heart and that you can feel the love that surrounds you right now from each of us around you.

:circle: :grouphug2: :love3:

Forever Love...

auparavant

Dangit, just when I thought it was the right way to go...that old thing has popped up and it's kinda crazy, but making more sense as to why it's brought back to memory...hmm, strange...

Where on earth...and what on earth, L-rd? I'm feeling both like somebody looking for and being Carmen Sandiego. You make the way?!! I know I get frustrated...sorry about that.

Shimmie

Staff member
Having a rough evening spiritually. "Joy cometh in the morning."

God is watching over His Word to perform it. The Word of God which you have been sharing is working in your favour. The resistance is not coming from you...take a deep breath and let God's Word keep it's promises to you.

Psalm 24... (paraphrasing)

Lift up your head, Precious One, and the King of Glory shall come in. The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your head, God's Word is coming in. :love3:

loolalooh

God is watching over His Word to perform it. The Word of God which you have been sharing is working in your favour. The resistance is not coming from you...take a deep breath and let God's Word keep it's promises to you.

Psalm 24... (paraphrasing)

Lift up your head, Precious One, and the King of Glory shall come in. The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your head, God's Word is coming in. :love3:

Thank you, Shimmie. I really needed to hear this. :)

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Missed your post, Shimmie....but yes... Lord !

I'm meditating on John 7:38 today:
He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.

Continuously living in the Spirit... that Water....daily renews, cleanses the filth (sinful thoughts, actions etc) and dust of our souls. God provide Living Waters through our belly..it FLOWs constantly.

Water is more than just a chemical substance. Jesus washed the dust off feet of the disciples with water. The woman at Jacob's Well received that Water and thirsted no more. To have water flowing constantly, means nourishment is always there to sustain us. The Blessed man is like a tree planted by the rivers of water, bringing fruit in HIS season. Not anyone else's season... His season, according to God's purpose and timing.

That is why I see morning reading as 'refreshers'..

God bless

Psalm 89:10

Keeper of the Gate... :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Missed your post, Shimmie....but yes... Lord !

I'm meditating on John 7:38 today:
He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.

Continuously living in the Spirit... that Water....daily renews, cleanses the filth (sinful thoughts, actions etc) and dust of our souls. God provide Living Waters through our belly..it FLOWs constantly.

Water is more than just a chemical substance. Jesus washed the dust off feet of the disciples with water. The woman at Jacob's Well received that Water and thirsted no more. To have water flowing constantly, means nourishment is always there to sustain us. The Blessed man is like a tree planted by the rivers of water, bringing fruit in HIS season. Not anyone else's season... His season, according to God's purpose and timing.

That is why I see morning reading as 'refreshers'..

God bless

Love your post... lately the words "Healing Waters" have been flowing through my heart (spirit and into my prayers).

You seeing the morning reading of God's Word as refreshers... Laela, it's 'fresh manna'. What a profound revelation you've shared. Thank you, because I can 'feel' it flowing. Praise God.

And Laela, that 'refresher' as the renewal of our minds, praise God for that gift of renewal. Stale thoughts block fresh blessings.

LoveisYou

I feel so loved, my family is making me feel so special about my upcoming graduation in a few days
It was a long winding road getting here but God has been ever so faithful
My Lord!
I'm already tearing up

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Jesus you just keep showing me that you have been here and have been carrying me. Last night I was very upset and not comfy. I rushed in my place and went to bed. I get up this morning and unbeknownst to me my front door was unlocked all night long. God someone could have came in and did things but God. Grateful for the small and big. My walk my not be where I think it should but I'm right where he wants me.

Iwanthealthyhair67

1 Chronicles 29:11 Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

12Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

13Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

LifeafterLHCF

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
(Philippians 3:12-16 ESV)

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
A tweet from John Piper:

There is a pleasurable fear. "His delight shall be in the fear of the Lord." Isaiah 11:3

GodivaChocolate

Proverbs 15:4 a wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
I pray that the Lord help me with curbing my tongue.

LifeafterLHCF

I was bummed at first when I got an email about being a fill in prayer mointor for the church online I follow since it wasn't my designated week. However I'm happy to be able to serve and hope I can be used effectively. If I can't do nothing else I can confidently say I can pray. May not always pray for myself but I can pray for someone else. This quite peace I have right now is awesome. I really do believe those 3 weeks of being off work was for the enrichment of me. God wanted me to be effective so he put me on the bench..had to heal.

sidney

GoddessMaker said:
I was bummed at first when I got an email about being a fill in prayer mointor for the church online I follow since it wasn't my designated week. However I'm happy to be able to serve and hope I can be used effectively. If I can't do nothing else I can confidently say I can pray. May not always pray for myself but I can pray for someone else. This quite peace I have right now is awesome. I really do believe those 3 weeks of being off work was for the enrichment of me. God wanted me to be effective so he put me on the bench..had to heal.

When I hope to display true meekness and service to others, I look to you. Keep striving, you are awake to righteousness. You slumber no more. I can only pray that I can emulate the same.

LifeafterLHCF

When I hope to display true meekness and service to others, I look to you. Keep striving, you are awake to righteousness. You slumber no more. I can only pray that I can emulate the same.

That is Jesus only working through me an instrument..praise the musician not the instrument as it's only doing what it was designed to do..

LadyRaider

Today I actually put my info in the offering box at a new church. Wow. I never change. I don't like change. But my old church is 200 miles away.

Actually I'd already moved a ways from my church 10-12 years ago. But I never found a church that even remotely made me want to transfer my letter.

Here in this new town (for 2 years, now) I have actually liked all the churches I visited. One was too far away and too...noisy... for my traditional soul. One was too... clean...Methodist...something. I grew up Methodist, but I have been Baptist as an adult. Even though it was a very special baptist church.

The new pastor is young, about my height (and I am NOT tall) and I could fit him in a pocket in a pinch. How different he is than Dr. Bethune who is tall and broad shouldered, once jet-black haired, now silver haired, and looked to me like Michael himself sometimes. Silly to care what the preacher looks like... but remember I don't like CHANGE... so having a "beautiful" pastor is part of what I'm used to.

Still, this guy preaches a LOT like Dr. Bethune. He stays close to scripture and then makes connections to our lives, and then to other scholars/writers. Today he told a cool story about Annie Dillard (I think that was the name.) And CS Lewis' Mere Christianity came up. That's what Dr. Bethune did. So that's familiar.

And this new guy is working on his Ph.D. at Baylor Seminary. At first I thought that this was like Dr. Bethune as well. But when I called up Dr. Bethune's bio, his undergraduate degree is from Baylor... his graduate degrees are from Princeton!

Yes the degree is important to me. I'm a snob! I'm okay with less than the Ivy League though!

So anyway... the pocket-sized preacher passes muster. I don't know exactly how to judge the rest of the church though. He could leave and I could be stuck with a bunch of crazed haters, couldn't I?

Of course then I could always go on over to the Methodist Church. I liked that church... they were just so.... clean... hard to explain...

LifeafterLHCF

I'm still taken aback at the change within me. I still stumble but I get back up. I love my church online but I keep having dreams of either moving to an area in my state to start going to a brick and mortar church or moving to the spot my online church is based out of. I know it will take alot of prompting and research to find a church I would feel good in and can believe in. If I don't trust the pastor I won't go period.

I'm finding reading and studying my bible easier to do now. I'm grateful for the support here even at times it comes rough or not the way I would want it to I still can get the meat and spit the bone.

I pray that all lurker and poster alike dig deep this coming week and do something God wants you to do. It could be smiling at strangers,tithing,working out,studying your bible,not giving the finger whilst in traffic,getting rest,not giving into monthly urges etc. With every step we take in the right direction it gets better not easier but better because we can see the purpose and results.