2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^don't be hurt sounds like you and your friend are of two different mind sets, continue to post scriptures as you are led...

she will either be your friend or not...

LoveisYou

^^don't be hurt sounds like you and your friend are of two different mind sets, continue to post scriptures as you are led...

she will either be your friend or not...

You're right, I'm really when it comes to ppl I care about and dislike disloyalty. One minute she is supportive and wants to learn about my faith the next minute she's upset about scriptures.

LifeafterLHCF

I will come and report this here first.. God be the glory I have a job..I start Tuesday.Something told me to email the guy before heading to my interview this morning. He called me immediately back and said I was just about the pick up the phone and call you. I will be working at my local workforce assisting those who have been unemployed for a yr and over. I know the feeling of looking and no calls..Praise be to God alone..thank you ladies for your prayers and thoughts. God had to take me out to rebuild. I have done so much studying and meditating on the Word and emptied myself of so much. God this is a new creature because I can't be that person of the old..death clothes were given away this morning 8 bags and a bin of clothes..metaphorically I am not that person I'm God's daughter lovely bc of his image.

LoveisYou

I will come and report this here first.. God be the glory I have a job..I start Tuesday.Something told me to email the guy before heading to my interview this morning. He called me immediately back and said I was just about the pick up the phone and call you. I will be working at my local workforce assisting those who have been unemployed for a yr and over. I know the feeling of looking and no calls..Praise be to God alone..thank you ladies for your prayers and thoughts. God had to take me out to rebuild. I have done so much studying and meditating on the Word and emptied myself of so much. God this is a new creature because I can't be that person of the old..death clothes were given away this morning 8 bags and a bin of clothes..metaphorically I am not that person I'm God's daughter lovely bc of his image.

To God be the glory, so happy for you!!!!

loolalooh

Amen and Amen! :) God is good infinity times over.

Iwanthealthyhair67

girl, I wish I could hug you right now :bighug:I'm happy for you and proud of you:yep:

auparavant

L-rd, I give up...take control of 1)my hair :)rolleyes: coulda-should'a been hip-length by now) 2) a husband 3) on-going tuition for THREE people :rolleyes: 4) repairs 5) failing car 6) justice for him.

I'm not going to worry about it anymore....well, maybe a little, but help me get under control.

Pooks

Two verses of this hymn - it came to me this week when I was feeling low:-

I know my heav’nly Father knows
The storms that would my way oppose;
But He can drive the clouds away,
And turn the darkness into day.

I know my heav’nly Father knows
The balm I need to soothe my woes;
And with His touch of love divine
He heals this wounded heart of mine.

Chorus
He knows, He knows
The storm that would my way oppose
He knows, He knows
And tempers every wind that blows

Honi

There is no board.
LoveisYou said:
my feelings are hurt

A few months ago "a friend" said to me "If I didn't know you outside of Facebook, I probably wouldn't like you, what's with the Bible quotes?" the she laughed it off as if she was joking so I never pursued her question. She then said you know I would just think you were extremely uptight and judgmental with those quotes but in real life you are sweet.

Just for some background, my FB posts are a mixture of fashion, politics and Biblical words of encouragement including scriptures. Of all the things the things I post, it seems like she had an issue with the "Bible quotes."

Fast forward to today, she said the following "I can't stand the Bible scripture posters on Facebook, they do too much, I can't stand them"

Now I've gotten so many messages from people saying how much the quotes I post encourage them and while I do notice some backlash against sharing scriptures on FB, I didn't expect the backlash from "a friend." Especially because she knows how much my faith means to me. While she's not in my inner circle, she has sought out my advice numerous times, and we've shared a lot. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, nevertheless I'm hurt.

Funny a high school friend of mine was banned from a fb high school social group because of it. He called it being PC. I wonder what it is about Him that makes people so uncomfortable.

Nice Lady

Nice Lady

Excellent news!

menina

Believing the book of Revelations
God i'm letting go of things that get under my skin and giving them to you Lord. I'll continue to pray that your will be done and stand by your word. I pray that people get the correct understanding of you and your word and not let themselves be used by the enemy to mislead others. Amen.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
my feelings are hurt

A few months ago "a friend" said to me "If I didn't know you outside of Facebook, I probably wouldn't like you, what's with the Bible quotes?" the she laughed it off as if she was joking so I never pursued her question. She then said you know I would just think you were extremely uptight and judgmental with those quotes but in real life you are sweet.

Just for some background, my FB posts are a mixture of fashion, politics and Biblical words of encouragement including scriptures. Of all the things the things I post, it seems like she had an issue with the "Bible quotes."

Fast forward to today, she said the following "I can't stand the Bible scripture posters on Facebook, they do too much, I can't stand them"

Now I've gotten so many messages from people saying how much the quotes I post encourage them and while I do notice some backlash against sharing scriptures on FB, I didn't expect the backlash from "a friend." Especially because she knows how much my faith means to me. While she's not in my inner circle, she has sought out my advice numerous times, and we've shared a lot. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, nevertheless I'm hurt.

:kiss:

Keep posting the Word of God. It's Salt on an Open Wound. She's being convicted and it's messing with her.

ALSO...

satan is trying to hinder you from Ministering to someone who looks forward to reading your Scriptures each day. Just think, that if you were to stop, what would it do / how would it affect that person's day? They could be on the very edge of 'anything' and it's because of your loving heart and your obedience to the Holy Spirit that God is using you to protect them and to get them through a very hard time.

The same comfort that the Word gives to you, is being mulitplied to someone a 1000-fold.

Keep posting the Word... it's part of your calling; your Ministry. You are saving someone's life.

As God leads... Please ... Keep posting.

:bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
Divorce is not a sin - sin causes a divorce. It's permissible in scripture based upon guidelines. What G-d hates is frivolous ditching of mates and families and behavior that leads people to have to leave a relationship within His guidelines. The divorce happens long before the signing of the paperwork. Christians who are divorced are not necessarily sinners. If they don't tell you why they are divorced, guard your judgements carefully not to unjustly accuse them of something you know nothing about. You might be accusing an innocent person.

What a word... "sin causes a divorce"

:thankyou: auparavant :kiss:

I'm serious, because those words hit me like a bolt of revelation. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member

loolalooh

Sometimes you have to "reach" for your blessing.

Jacob wrestled with the Lord for his blessing.
GENESIS 32:26b But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

Ruth went to the threshing floor for her blessing.
RUTH 3:10 "The LORD bless you, my daughter!" Boaz exclaimed.

Sometimes you have to "reach" ...

loolalooh

Something I jotted down from a sermon last year:

"Write down and remember God's great miracles in your life. Never forget them. The thief comes to steal, even the testimonies, from us."

Time to remember ...

LifeafterLHCF

Lord I thank you for mercy esp when my strength falls short. I will continue to get up after I fall. I thank you Lord for the rain even though I don't like it outside I know it's needed for creation. Adversity isn't always for punishment. I think if you hadn't taken my job away I would never have had 3 weeks of uninterrupted time to dig deep and see me for who I am. I'm your child. Thank God.

sidney

Sometimes you have to "reach" for your blessing.

Jacob wrestled with the Lord for his blessing.

Ruth went to the threshing floor for her blessing.

Sometimes you have to "reach" ...

Yes Jacob believed God! Sometimes you have to reach. I have been reading alot about Jacob. God gave him the same promises as his forefathers and Jacob vowed to make God his God. It paid off. Dont be derailed by things taking a long time. It took 14 years of work to leave from under Labans rule. But it yielded good success! Patience is key. The best take time, but wait for It. Great faith, ,patience,obedience, submission to God= reward

loolalooh

Yes Jacob believed God! Sometimes you have to reach. I have been reading alot about Jacob. God gave him the same promises as his forefathers and Jacob vowed to make God his God. It paid off. Dont be derailed by things taking a long time. It took 14 years of work to leave from under Labans rule. But it yielded good success! Patience is key. The best take time, but wait for It. Great faith, ,patience,obedience, submission to God= reward

YAAAS. Amen! :grin:

auparavant

my feelings are hurt

I think I can comprehend both perspectives. You like to uplift people via sharing scripture, posting freely. She doesn't want religion pushed down her throat by seeing it every second because it is offensive to her and she might think it an attempt to sway and proselytize based upon presumption. You can reach a compromise...whenever you post religious quotes, block her from seeing those.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
"Many people feel it is dangerous to rely on the Holy Spirit. In a certain sense, it is. You could draw wrong conclusions, for instance and be wrong in your actions. It has happened before. But I want to tell you, it is much more dangerous not to rely on the Holy Spirit. The third Person of the Godhead is gracious, very patient and very gentle. But if we persistently say, "Thank-you, but we don't need You," we have insulted Him and that is the way to disaster." --Derek Prince
(taken from Called to Conquer)

LaFemmeNaturelle

I think I can comprehend both perspectives. You like to uplift people via sharing scripture, posting freely. She doesn't want religion pushed down her throat by seeing it every second because it is offensive to her and she might think it an attempt to sway and proselytize based upon presumption. You can reach a compromise...whenever you post religious quotes, block her from seeing those.

LoveisYou The "friend" can actually block herself from seeing your status updates. I don't think you need to go out of the way to accomodate someone when you are posting things on YOUR page not hers. Forcing religion down someones throat would be you mentioning that person in your status or posting it on their wall. You are not doing either. She can skip over the scriptures or press the button next to it that says "hide story" or "unsubscribe from status updates". That's what I do when I see status updates that I don't want to see. I don't complain to that person because it's THEIR page.

I also can't stand subtweeters or submessages. Totally unnecessary when the solution is in her hands.