2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

auparavant

Don't ask everybody to pray for you. Case in point, asked for prayer from a relative and they turned into something I still can't wrap my mind around. If I ask G-d for bread and I'm hungry, I'm not going to think "oh, whether G-d gives me a bread or a stone, I'll be happy with the outcome." Poppycock! I'm hungry...I need bread. Do these people truly read the bible? Yes, everyone will suffer something all throughout life. But where is the humility in saying, "yes, I'll pray for your strength" rather than coming up with all this excess mess pointing to their supposed blessedness and superior spiritual level (in Hyacinth's best feigned aristocratic voice). I mean, for real! So, don't ask for prayer from everybody. This is like night and day. I asked a non-relative for prayer on here and they spoke absolute blessings over me and my own relative....:wallbash: Ugh! What is up with people? And looking at their life and listening to their confessions...I should not have asked for a darned thing. When will I learn!~:nono: Oh, and just because you ask for prayer and are concerned doesn't mean you don't have faith. Good grief!

LifeafterLHCF

Im in pain not just emotional but physical. I don't want to be one of those who always harps on the devil did this or that bc that is just too religious for me but anytime I really want to have hope that things will be great for me and I will be able to be finally acknowledged in this world things just don't workout. I'm tired of crying on the inside and having it spill over in the outside.

Also on a separate matter I pray for one of our young members.She is really going through and I hope she is doing ok . I have been scared for her bc I know how it feels to just want to be seen and heard and loved. I know what the word says but that isn't what I feel at all. Trying to be strong but all I want is for it to all be over and done.

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^GM the devil does things cause thats his job we do some things to ourselves by the negative words that come out of our mouths, life and death are still in the power of the tongue...

You can't have faith for someone else and not have any for yourself , don't cancel out your prayers for this person as you have done with all the prayers for yourself by your unbelief ...the man who prays in unbelief will not get anything from God and so you must hold onto His word without wavering.

God already acknowledges and accepts you as you are and HE knows YOUR name...you know the word now let it have it's effectual work in you, let Him do all that he promised He would do, now is the time for you to really trust God and He wants to prove himself faithful to you, wont you let him?

LifeafterLHCF

There is a time in space where I could really believe and have faith in God. I was young and felt God was like me I was good and ok because he was talked about and laughed at and never included in things. I was a kid but now as and adult I am so unable to fully trust or believe in anyone esp God. I want to believe all this that is going on is some how for my good or will bring him glory. I'm trying to do things while unemployed that I wouldn't get a chance to do like rest and such but it's still in the back of my mind. I wonder if I could know without of a shadow of a doubt things would work out well ie not becoming homeless or going into massive debt how I would function. I would be able to just be and be calm and not be unbalanced. I wouldn't feel like a complete failure in life. I would be able to let the things of the past go as they wouldn't be comfortable anymore. I could not look down at myself for not being accomplished and intelligent and being in a position to really be something for once. My past wouldn't make me anymore. I feel stupid for praying for myself or even thinking things will work out bc I have messed up far too many times and people don't give a care about people esp those who are trying. I want to believe God won't just let me be attacked if calamity comes but all I can do now is ride the wave.

auparavant

If you assault your wife, you're not a christian. I don't care how much "Jesus" you slap on that pork. It'll never be kosher. And if you're being regularly sexually assaulted by your husband, stop trying to figure out the spirituality of everybody else. YOURS must take precedence and immediately so! Is that mind manipulation and applying religion to it to justify how horrible you feel in this situation? Does G-d want you to stay in such a relationship? You don't have eyes to read the scriptures and I feel so sorry. I so want to tell her this...but I can't right now and I'm confused as to whether I'm sinning in omission if I don't.

Iwanthealthyhair67

You are your own worse enemy ...God is here to give you all that you need, he can't if you wont let him, you can't submit 'partially' and 'sometimes' and expect favourable results ...

If you lost everything you still have to trust God (remember Job) and know that he still has you in the palm of His hand, that is faith, believing inspite of what your situation is, it's knowing way down in your belly that He is God and He will never leave or forsake you ...

Let go of all the past junk, it's crippling you and preventing you from experiencing His grace and operating in His fullness, you are in bondage to your past, know that this is not the life that God has planned for you, let Him love all the hurt away ...

There is a time in space where I could really believe and have faith in God. I was young and felt God was like me I was good and ok because he was talked about and laughed at and never included in things. I was a kid but now as and adult I am so unable to fully trust or believe in anyone esp God. I want to believe all this that is going on is some how for my good or will bring him glory. I'm trying to do things while unemployed that I wouldn't get a chance to do like rest and such but it's still in the back of my mind. I wonder if I could know without of a shadow of a doubt things would work out well ie not becoming homeless or going into massive debt how I would function. I would be able to just be and be calm and not be unbalanced. I wouldn't feel like a complete failure in life. I would be able to let the things of the past go as they wouldn't be comfortable anymore. I could not look down at myself for not being accomplished and intelligent and being in a position to really be something for once. My past wouldn't make me anymore. I feel stupid for praying for myself or even thinking things will work out bc I have messed up far too many times and people don't give a care about people esp those who are trying. I want to believe God won't just let me be attacked if calamity comes but all I can do now is ride the wave.

LoveisYou

Ever feel like someone is trying to control you, like they want you to do things for their own benefit, not necessarily what's best for you?

sidney

For without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Renewed1

These last two years, I have felt....I mean felt God's love. The best way to explain it was like a head to toe feeling. Like being dropped in a bucket of love.

I don't think I ever felt such love from any man (yeah, I'm sure....I haven't : / )

I have a pretty good idea, how a husband should love his wife.

sidney

“Abraham did not waver in unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being FULLY PERSUADED that God had the power to do what he had promised.
Romans 4:20-21

Who's fully persuaded???!!

ETA: Abraham's faith was in God...that God had the power to do what he promised.

Last edited:

sidney

God you open doors that no man can close, and close does than no man can open! I know you are the one who truly is in control! I don't need to seek an audience with Kings, but my help comes from the Lord?! Proverbs 29:26, Psalm 121:2. Who can speak and have it happen, if the Lord has not decreed it! Lamentations 3:37. Lord, you control everything! The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof! Oh yes, you are the owner of a cattle on a thousand hills! Everything belongs to you! But those who trust in you, will walk the straight paths. We thank you in advance! We press toward the mark, fully persuaded! He is able to do!

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has great recompense of reward!

LifeafterLHCF

To be able to stand unwavering and unmoved is not easy. I can't say I'm there yet. I will probable fall many times because I feel absolutely nothing in regards to my faith and strength in Christianity. It's not something I'm happy with but it's reality. Some have this great faith and it's wonderful to see. I can have hope in others because I don't doubt God's ability to do it for others I just doubt he will do it for me. I know I'm not worth of anything and I really do ponder many times of the day why am I still around. I know he has purpose I just hope my purpose isn't to be a thorn in others side or anything. Maybe if I get into heaven I will be able to see this sham of a life was suppose to be and how glorious it was suppose to be. Until then I will trout along and try to make the best of what it is I call life.

LovelyRo

Hi ladies, please pray for me. I'm having issues at my job and I just need God to put his hand in the situation...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
The intercession of the Holy Spirit for the saints in this present evil world must be made through Believers filled with the Holy Spirit.... Many blamed young converts for backsliding, but we blamed ourselves, because we were not in a position to pray them through to victory. Oh, the tragedy, to be helpless in front of the enemy, when he was sifting young converts like wheat! In Isaiah 59 we read that God saw there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor, and this was just our case. Many of us felt the need of being "endued with power from on high.

Rees Howell

http://www.byfaith.co.uk/paulreeshowells3.htm

Iwanthealthyhair67

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2wCBAdT6FI

Joy lyrics

Chorus:
Joy, joy, God's great joy.
Joy, joy, down in my soul;
sweet, beautiful, soul saving joy,
oh, joy, joy in my soul.

Verse 1:
Early in the morning, before the break of day,
I asked the Lord to make me whole.
He holds me and the Lord keeps me;
oh, joy, joy in my soul.

Verse 2:
When I get weak and I can't go on,
I feel all my hope, all my joy is gone.
Late in the midnight hour I talk to my God
and He gives me joy, joy in my soul.

Verse 3:
One of these ol' mornings, it won't be very long,
You just might look for me, but I'm going on home;
I'm going up to glory where I'm gonna sing and shout,
oh joy, joy in my soul.

Bridge:
Oh joy, joy in my soul.
The Master's joy.
My Savior's joy.
The lilly of the valley, joy.
Alpha and Omega, joy.
In the midnight hour, joy.
He gives me strength and power, joy.
No food on the table, joy.
I know that He is able, joy

Ending:
Oh, joy, joy in my soul.

LifeafterLHCF

I feel hopeful but I'm not stupid nor oblivous of what is up against me. I'm a black woman in a society that abhors such esp in the professional areana. I will continue to read the word and ponder on it. I will continue to remain calm when I really want to check myself into the nearest psyc ward for a indefinte stay. Many will not get me right now and that's ok I'm use to going over folks heads. The faith I have is whatever God's will is it will happen. My wishes and pleas don't make a hill of beans because whatever his will is is going to happen period. His will on days I wanted to die was for me to remain alive so his will no matter what I pray will be done.

Now what I thought was my blessing in a job wasn't. It raised so many insecurities and such. I was blessed to meet certain people and will take it as the blessing. I'm not my situation I am me who is going through a situation. Ok now off to this interview.

sidney

I feel hopeful but I'm not stupid nor oblivous of what is up against me. I'm a black woman in a society that abhors such esp in the professional areana. I will continue to read the word and ponder on it. I will continue to remain calm when I really want to check myself into the nearest psyc ward for a indefinte stay. Many will not get me right now and that's ok I'm use to going over folks heads. The faith I have is whatever God's will is it will happen. My wishes and pleas don't make a hill of beans because whatever his will is is going to happen period. His will on days I wanted to die was for me to remain alive so his will no matter what I pray will be done.

Now what I thought was my blessing in a job wasn't. It raised so many insecurities and such. I was blessed to meet certain people and will take it as the blessing. I'm not my situation I am me who is going through a situation. Ok now off to this interview.

Hang in there. Sometimes we have to prepare like it's all on us. And pray like it's all on God. We still have dominion and authority--through Christ! Everything by his name. I marvel at other people's faith, I have to get geared up to believe--it's not automatic for me. But thank God, all it takes is a mustard seed of faith to move mountains! And if you lack faith, Lord, then pray, "Help my unbelief (Mark 9:24)." It aint over to it's over! You don't have to watch things happen without a fight! Only Believe! When you look at the gospels, there were so many desperate people...so desperate they did what they could to get to Jesus. The woman with the issue of blood, she reached to touch the helm of his garment. Blind Bartemaeus....Zaccheus climbed a tree. God knows we don't have much to work with, he knows we are dust:yep:! But that twinkle of faith and hope is what he is looking for to move! When you get backed into a corner, when you get desperate enough, there is no choice but to believe! Because the alternative is not going to be good. You can do it! We are praying for you!

loolalooh

These last two years, I have felt....I mean felt God's love. The best way to explain it was like a head to toe feeling. Like being dropped in a bucket of love.

I don't think I ever felt such love from any man (yeah, I'm sure....I haven't : / )

I have a pretty good idea, how a husband should love his wife.

Jesus is the only man to have laid down his life for this woman. I'm sure I've never felt a love like that either. :)

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
It's difficult to help someone without experiential knowledge... without that knowlege, a suitable substitute is compassion. Either one works. This woman is being honored for having helped many women get off drugs through her Christ-centered recovery program - herself hitting bottom, desperate to get high at all costs. Only one thing beats patting someone on the hand, nodding in agreement and softly saying "I know..." -- and that is prayer.

loolalooh

Sometimes all you can do is blast praise music until His blessing comes to pass. You've lifted up your prayer 2, 3, 100x. The days turn into weeks turn into months. The enemy starts feeding you lies about you and your God. Your faith has been challenged ... BUT it is still there. And all you have left in you is to blast praise music.

If the enemy can dance around you, why can't you dance around him? Let the dance contest begin ... :reddancer:

Last edited:

loolalooh

This has been said time and time again, but I am constantly reminded of it. The Lord can give you an answer to your prayer in a way that you did not expect it to arrive. Keep your spirit open to it.

Pooks

Sometimes all you can do is blast praise music until His blessing comes to pass. You've lifted up your prayer 2, 3, 100x. The days turn into weeks turn into months. The enemy starts feeding you lies about you and your God. Your faith has been challenged ... BUT it is still there. And all you have left in you is to blast praise music.

If the enemy can dance around you, why can't you dance around him? Let the dance contest begin ... :reddancer:

@loolalooh Triple thanks Loo! Sometimes the only way I can cut through my own negative thoughts is music, for real!!

Last edited: