2011- Be Grateful 4 Da Hair U Have

davisbr88

this is why its hard to wake up black women; we are programmed in a bad way

but i welcome all comments because like i said, i dont speak my opinion to put myself above others

What the....?
Last time I checked, I'm not a robot. I was birthed by one wonderful and beautiful BLACK WOMAN.
It's about that time to hit the unsub button.

Irresistible

the Op also said that she's not trying to put herself above anyone else
the Op also has a huge bald spot which she is trying to "fix" and it can be quite nerve wrecking and im sure you've never experienced it and i hope you dont
Chile you got to stop attacking out of your own pain. You don't know the pain anyone else has been through regarding hair or life

I actually CAN relate. But you would ***-U-ME not! Also since you asked in the other thread, a new poster , posted a very dangerous recipe on sulfur-many were falling for it-I exposed it-because I have hair some ppl think I am coming from wanting the hair and not wanting anyone else to have hair-when folks get to know me-they call me captain-save-a-head , I know I have saved many (and possibly lives)-the best I could. I also got lit up by some because the girl happened to be deaf and then she came back with another screen name and all kinds of drama and then finally openly admitted to her fake recipe-AFTER-ppl starting catching on-it was no joking matter , a recipe with Sulfur+moisture is very dangerous

I say simply to you don't judge out of your pain. e-hugs

Last edited:

NaturalBeauty<3

I thought this post would be a way to "reach out"
being as real as ever showing u my hair and all
definitely humbling myself to do that
and ya'll make jokes
thats why there's a post where the asians on ebay are making jokes about us and we still dont get it
remember i said "We" in my original post
never omitted myself

Well...you know the asians and cherokees are the same...so they basically making jokes about themselves.

:look:

Seriously OP. I'm really sorry to hear about your condition, I just think its the way you addressed the thread.

Last edited:

TamedTresses

the Op also said that she's not trying to put herself above anyone else
the Op also has a huge bald spot which she is trying to "fix" and it can be quite nerve wrecking and im sure you've never experienced it and i hope you dont

OP, I have never had a bald spot. True. If I did, I wouldn't come in here posting this nonsense. If I wanted help, I would simply ask for it. I am all for being compassionate, but I do not like your delivery. It is not my fault, or anyone's here fault, that you have a bald spot. If you want to "fix" it there is a lot of information here that is a good start. If you post a thread asking for help, there are many people who has been in your situation and can help you along the way. I still don't know where you were coming from in your OP.

Why can you care about your hair and we can't? Do we need a bald spot to appreciate our hair? :rolleyes:

If your hair doesnt look like mine, you should wake up everyday smiling, grateful for what you do have and focusing on something benefitting our community. Not being negative. Many of you are older than me, and all you care about is your hair. While our men are locked in prisons by the hundreds of thousands, children and teens having no culture, respect for life, respect for self, etc. All we care about is hair. Where are the Assata Shakur's and Frances Cress Welshing's of 2011? We should be ashamed. All we know is a growth aide and a new purse. :nono:

Peace....

Freespirit02

Chile you got to stop attacking out of your own pain. You don't know the pain anyone else has been through regarding hair or life

I actually CAN relate. But you would ***-U-ME not! Also since you asked in the other thread, a new poster , posted a very dangerous recipe on sulfur-many were falling for it-I exposed it-because I have hair some ppl think I am coming from wanting the hair and not wanting anyone else to have hair-when folks get to know me-they call me captain-save-a-head , I know I have saved many (and possibly lives)-the best I could. I also got lit up by some because the girl happened to be deaf and then she came back with another screen name and all kinds of drama and then finally openly admitted to her fake recipe-AFTER-ppl starting catching on-it was no joking matter , a recipe with Sulfur+moisture is very dangerous

I say simply to you don't judge out of your pain. e-hugs

What recipe you talking about?? Is this from back in the day??

illuminatiamerica

@Honeycomb.

Yes she did overdose on the chlorella, these supplements are supposed to be taken in very small doses for a week to at a time before increasing. She was supposed to start with an 1/8 tsp everyday for a week then increase to 1/8 tsp 2x a day for a week, then a 1/4 tsp 1x a day and an 1/8 tsp 1x day for a week increasing like that until her bowels are green (this is what "green" means) Her intake was not gradual, it was extreme. She upped her intake until she was green very rapidly and her system could not handle it.

This happened to my sister and mother as well with supplements. They were taking too many at a time and both got dealthy ill.

I take chlorella for general health not to grow my hair. When I first heard about chlorella I read alot here and on the net about the dosages. I never had a problem with it. I am up to 1 T a day and even with skipping days I dont have to go down again and build myself back up

Now Spirulina on the other hand is one that has to be started the same way and if you miss a day you have to continue in that fashion until you hit the 7 day consecutive mark. If you miss a week your dosage has to drop back down. You cant increase. I missed a few weeks and called myself trying to take the same amount I was accustomed to and had a mild stomach ache. I no longer take this one.

I am a believer in getting most of what I need from food.

thanks for sharing this

TamedTresses

You can click the link in my signature, and then we can discuss Jesus.

Nope...nope... I'm good, OP. I don't need to click anything in your siggy. Based on this thread alone, I don't have anything to discuss with ya. Enjoy your HHJ. I'll throw my deuces up and exist the thread...

adnolej

and ya'll make jokes
thats why there's a post where the asians on ebay are making jokes about us and we still dont get it
never omitted myself

Reading both of your threads paints a clearer picture about you and your situation. Reading the original post of this thread with no back knowledge, the tone is abrasive and judgemental and clearly people took offense to it.

Having learned more of your story, I understand that you are frustrated with the hair industry for your misfortune and what it has done to your hair.

People here do have a wealth of information, a bit too much at time, but honestly, you may need to find support amongst others with similar situations. And I know you say you don't want to see a dermatologist, but finding a black dermatologist may be able to provide you with the answers that you're looking for. Hope this helps and keep your head up sis

Lita

why did i buy those things? whats wrong with my hair? tia

OP: I wish you the best..I had a bald spot once/Had Radiation too! I was upset & didn't take it out on any-one..Tried different things (serums)...Went to the Derm & moved on..Have great family & the ladies on the forum (Very supportive) & poistive.. Learned that every product is not for every one..Well at lest not for me..Was a PJ for a while trying to find out what works...I'm good now..Trail/Error & so is life..We LIVE & LEARN... God Bless you & I hope things work out..

No one minds giving advice but not if you ATTACK them with under tones...
People will go after the messenger...My 2 cents..GOOD LUCK!

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

illuminatiamerica

^aww man. You're real. This isn't funny anymore.

I hope everything works out for you, OP.

again, i'll say this
i dont intend to try and say black women arent socially conscious and we're stupid etc etc
i just felt some kinda way reading that chlorella thread; look what jamaicalovely said about gastro problems!!! thats serious!
u can look at my album and see my hair so i would be more than willing to buy something to fix it
some days i get aggravated with it because im young dealing with the issue; if anyone is trolling, i hope you research things before you ingest it for 1 inch of hair a month
thats it

illuminatiamerica

Sorry to hear about this.

no big deal
some of the comments are funny as h*ll but i was kinda serious
i've done some crazy stuff trying to get my hair to grow
reading hair boards for hours, trying to mix things
mixing too much EO's and getting dizzy having to call an ambulance earlier this year (really)
staring at my hair everyday, coming here reading ya'll posts, watching videos on youtube; when i damaged my scalp i was a teenager and didnt know what the heck the glue was really doing

so, again i say, just watch what you recommend because alot of us are novices and be grateful 4 da hair u have

what is ebonics? lmao

fitnessmommy

Haven't read the thread...but, I would like the OP to note that Chlorella is a food.... not a supplement...but, a food. Anything not taken in moderation (and without thorough research done ....done separately from LHCF I might add...) that has detoxifying properties would need to be taken in gradual doses.

I would also like to say that the arrogance in your attitude is pretty terrible. You are not the spokeswoman and final say/authority on Black Women.

Freespirit02

This thread THIS THREAD!
OP..what is really GOOD? What is your mission? What are you trying to prove? Are you trying to make ppl throw e-stones at you?

Irresistible

and ya'll make jokes
never omitted myself
gurrrl you can only address yourself for yourself , not making sweeping statements about the whole race. It does not apply , no matter how you slice it. It's racist against ourselves, sometimes it's not that you delivered a point it's how it is delivered. Your siding here with racist Asians? how do you justify that? Ever?

you might want to disassociate?! and if not that is how you are coming across-in case you don't see it:ohwell:

:dighole:

SheenaVee

^^^ OP, yeah, I'm all for the part about warning people to take care with products and supplements. In fact, I don't take anything and don't use many products. Also, a lot of other women don't. Not everyone on this website is taking chollerra(sp?) or using monistat or whatever.

The part that irked me about your original post was when you were all, "black women and women on this board only care about hair and purses etc. etc.". THAT bit annoyed me. You can't make negative sweeping statements about black women on a website full of mostly black women and not expect people to get annoyed.
And also, it's a bit of a silly statement to make on HAIR board. That's all.

illuminatiamerica

Reading both of your threads paints a clearer picture about you and your situation. Reading the original post of this thread with no back knowledge, the tone is abrasive and judgemental and clearly people took offense to it.

Having learned more of your story, I understand that you are frustrated with the hair industry for your misfortune and what it has done to your hair.

People here do have a wealth of information, a bit too much at time, but honestly, you may need to find support amongst others with similar situations. And I know you say you don't want to see a dermatologist, but finding a black dermatologist may be able to provide you with the answers that you're looking for. Hope this helps and keep your head up sis

thanks
never meant to offend anyone, have learned alot and shared alot never meaning to be negative just honest and thinking out loud

Eisani

I's shole is thankfa to da creator of dis here thread. I feels like mah eyez has been openet to da eva ways of da waht mayn tryna hold us black womenz dahn wit da chlo-rella and coocheh creamz. Thank ya kindleh fa heppin me see da conspiraseh.

runwaydream

OP, I have never had a bald spot. True. If I did, I wouldn't come in here posting this nonsense. If I wanted help, I would simply ask for it. I am all for being compassionate, but I do not like your delivery. It is not my fault, or anyone's here fault, that you have a bald spot. If you want to "fix" it there is a lot of information here that is a good start. If you post a thread asking for help, there are many people who has been in your situation and can help you along the way. I still don't know where you were coming from in your OP.

Why can you care about your hair and we can't? Do we need a bald spot to appreciate our hair? :rolleyes:

illuminatiamerica

I's shole is thankfa to da creator of dis here thread. I feels like mah eyez has been openet to da eva ways of da waht mayn tryna hold us black womenz dahn wit da chlo-rella and coocheh creamz. Thank ya kindleh fa heppin me see da conspiraseh.

lmao... my lesson on this thread was hold back what i really want to say
you're taking my post way out of context

EllePixie

Really? Chlorella is comparable to Tuskegee now? OP, you need to do your homework before you come up in here acting like Malcomina X getting people all riled up and stuff...smh...