*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
MyAngelEyez~C~U Welcome, girly! :wave:

nickpoopie I think rollersetting would be possible, just make sure your hair fully dries before you take the rollers out. I'll bet your hair will be uber soft!

Iluvsmuhgrass Have you ever tried baggying with a water based moisturizer sealed with oil? Maybe your hair doesn't like baggying with oils alone.

tiffers

Moisturized with Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In, sealed with Garden Oil and massaged Claudie's Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE tonight.

Krystle~Hime

does baggyinh every night is bad? I mean, in case if you only wash your hair twice a month... baggying every night during 2 weeks without washing your hair? usually I do it every other day.
share your thoughts girls !!!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Threw my baggy over my slightly damp WnG as usual...been doing it this way since my BC without issue. I think I've had pretty good retention, so baggying is a definite staple.

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Iluvsmuhgrass

tiffers Thanks for responding! I've tried it all kinds of ways. With oils. With natural products. With water based non-natural products (itch city).

Thirty minutes after removing the baggy and applying/sealing.... complete and total crunch fest. :nono: I ended up going back to daily moisturizing.

CurlsBazillion

Hi all! It's only day 3 of over night GHE and I am seeing results already. It's even making me simplify my regimen because moisture is not even an issue through out the day. This plus weekly DC, a few cowashes, limiting combing to once a week and ceramides will give me a tremendous leg up on retention.

kupenda

Moisturized, covered in a plastic cap and heavy bandana. Preparing for another DC cuz that last one left my hair feeling dryer than before. Even my highlights look like a dry color versus the pretty honey they're supposed to be. Does the sun lighten bleached hair?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

makeupgirl

I did a dry baggy tonight since I had a lot of oil in the shower cap and I just checked my hair and it's still moisturizing good.

nickpoopie

So tonight I'll do my rollerset, let my hair completely dry and see how my baggy rollerset turns out in the morning.

tiffers

Krystle~Hime I don't think baggying would be bad if you wash every two weeks. Just make sure your hair fully dries every day or every few days just to be on the safe side. :)

Iluvsmuhgrass Well that just sucks. :( Have you tried ponytail baggying? Maybe your hair doesn't like whole head baggying. :confused:

DayDreamist That's AWESOME! You'll definitely reach your goals fast! :yay: Moisture isn't an issue? I can't wait until the day when I can say that! :lol:

kupenda Sorry about the crappy conditioner. :perplexed What did you use? I hope your hair comes out better after this next dc and baggy session.

About the bleached hair... I have no clue. :lol: But there were summers when the sun would naturally give my hair purple highlites. It was SOOOO cool! :thumbsup:

nickpoopie Yes! I'm really excited to see how your baggy rollerset comes out!

tiffers

Moisturized with Isha Cream, sealed with Garden Oil and massaged Claudie's Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :grin:

Bajanmum

Well I have been able the GHE these last couple of night. I hope I'm right when I say 'GHE', I'm not adding anything to my hair just relying on the moisuriser I put on 2 nights ago. Hmm, maybe that's baggying. I'll have to re-read your 1st post for the description again @tiffers.

Bajanmum, how many layers did you use? I get hot as well, but some combinations are more tolerable. I tried foil once and whoooo, that stuff made me SO hot! Now that I use three shower caps, it's much better!

I'm now wrapping my head twice with plastic wrap and wear only 1 scarf, and that feels much better. And my hair still comes out moist and soft. The 1st night I think I wrapped it 5-6 times then put on two scarves, phew I blew hot all night. :lol:

Last edited:

Bajanmum

Moisturized with Isha Cream, sealed with Garden Oil and massaged Claudie's Elixer into my scalp.

I'm curious about that product, does it work for you? I'm not in the US and have never heard of it till now. I've just done a search on LHCF and google. The reviews are kinda mixed. Some say it made their hair grow, others say it didn't. Have you seen any results yet?

kupenda

Cowashed with hairvedas moist condition pro. Followed with a light oiling of Vatika frosting then rinsed. Soft hair! Added my ltr leave in. I'm gonna have to drop this stuff. I had finally gotten my breakage down to almost none and then I started using that stuff. It's a no go. Anyway...back on track. I'm baggying my ponytail (so glad I can say that lol) with just that stupid moisturizer and air drying under my silk scarf. I'm gonna shampoo that leave in out in the morning. Ugh

tiffers

Bajanmum All of those layers! :lol: Were you trying to cook yourself? :lachen: GHE can definitely be modified. I do it with a moisturizer and oil, although the originator recommends using oils only. You can tweak it to fit your comfort level. :yep:

I LOVE Claudie's products! And I'm pretty positive that the growth elixer plus GHE are giving great results. I'm gonna stretch my hair in a few weeks to see my progress, but so far, my hair has gone from barely scraping SL to CBL in about two weeks!

kupenda Aw man, that sucks! Well, at least now you know a culprit that's been causing breakage, so you can get rid of it ASAP!

Last edited:

Bajanmum

Yep, I was as usual, an all or nothing girl. But I've been able to rein myself in.:blush:

I LOVE Claudie's products! And I'm pretty positive that the growth elixer plus GHE are giving great results. I'm gonna stretch my hair in a few weeks to see my progress, but so far, my hair has gone from barely scraping SL to CBL in about two weeks!

Holy hair growth, Batman! That's freaking amazing. Two weeks, huh? I'm going to have to look into it being shipped over here, namely to my house. Way to go, tiffers.

kupenda

DCed, and my hair feels a lot better. Now I'm baggying on wet hair. Wrapped a scarf around it and gonna give myself a scalp massage with Vatika Frosting before putting it on the length of my hair and reapplying my baggy

tiffers

Moisturized with Hairveda Acai Phyto, sealed with Garden Oil and massaged Claudie's Growth Elixer into my scalp.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I baggy my "wash n go's" for 3-4 night at a time, helps me keep moisture in my hair. Love baggying! I'll thank the thread later today to join! ;-)

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF
I do something similar to this. I baggy my fresh wash n go's and the refreshed ones too. I'm able to stretch a wash n' go for 3 days.

Looks like I need to get back on my Claudie's Elixir grind :yep:

I'm in. I just need to decide if I will GHE or baggy. The GHE may be too much for me because I am hot enough with just one plastic cap. We'll see.

I will baggy or GHE 5x week. I will use cocasta oil, ceramide mix, vatika frosting, amla oil, shikakai oil, or OHHB.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Baggied last night with Beemine DC, took baggy off and sealed with coconut oil.

Will be doing the same tonight!

~Vintage Queen~

Does anyone else find their hair less 'perfumy' after baggying/ghe-ing? I think I need some eo in my spray. lol.

Vatika Frosting sounds interesting..
About to Baggy now.

Again ladies, enjoy your day/evening.