*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

makeupgirl

Started this tonight after Washing and DC my hair. Just did 4 two-strand twists after putting in a leave in conditioner and EVOO. Let it set for 15 mins to make sure I got all the excess water out and then put on the shower cap, scarf, and bonnet. Now I'm all set for bed. :)

Krystle~Hime

I have a question.. it's the third time when I baggy Im annoyed about this :
after moisturizin and sealing ends. AND before putting the plastic cap, do I have to do a bun on ends? or if I hide the ends this part will not received all the steam?
so should I just do a ponytail and exposing ends to the steamed 'environnement or should I do a bun ?

kupenda

Moisturized then sealed with castor oil. Gave myself a nice scalp and temple massage. Covered in a plastic cap and then a cotton scarf. In the bed! Will massage with a lil more oil In the morning and sit under the dryer for ten minutes. Then let it cool while doing housework. Will follow with a DC

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Krystle~Hime Are you baggying your whole head? If so, I don't think it matters how you style your ends because no matter what, ALL of your hair is going to be exposed to the heat/moisture. Every strand is gonna reap the benefits. :yep:

tiffers

Moisturized with Claudie's Isha Cream, sealed with Claudie's Garden Oil and massaged Claudies Elixer into my scalp. :lick:

I'll be GHE'ing overnight, layering three shower caps and my bonnet. :grin:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Add me, I already THANKED the OP.

Tell us how many times per week you'll be baggying or GHE'ing and what products you're planning on using.
I plan on doing this for the 4x/wk. I M&S with HS 14 in 1/WGO, will be doing a ponytail baggy tonight.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Checking in - last night I showered w/o a cap to get the steam from the shower to moisten hair, then used my shea/mango butter mix, shower cap, scarf, doo-rag. I think I will do 2 caps tonight. My hair was damp, and very soft this a.m. no time to seal, just threw on my knit cap and ran out the door. Note to self:go to bed earlier - wake up earlier.

Aveena

Last night I applied a thin coat of castor oil and covered with saran wrap/scarf/hand towel/scarf :)

Woke up this morning and hair feels great!!

:)

~Vintage Queen~

GH'd last night including a sprits and went about today. Felt very uncomfortable when trying to scratch an itch. :^)
Will clarify and hope that helps tonight.

nickpoopie

I will start tonight, my plan is to co-wash with Herbal Essence "Hello Hydration" (smells really good) wrap my hair, let it dry, apply Lisa's Hair Elixir then saran wrap, shower cap, scarf, satin cap.

I'm a newbie to baggying so I'm anxious to see my results in the morning.

tiffers

Add me, I already THANKED the OP.

Tell us how many times per week you'll be baggying or GHE'ing and what products you're planning on using.
I plan on doing this for the 4x/wk. I M&S with HS 14 in 1/WGO, will be doing a ponytail baggy tonight.

Hey, you changed your name! Took me a few seconds of staring at your avi/new name/siggy before I caught on. :lol:

SherylsTresses

Checking In!

Every night I've been wrapping conditioning cap around my bun, secure with knee-hi, add my satin scarf, bonnet and a winter cap. I re-moisturize as needed.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
My sulfur mix on my scalp, then I put on my baggy. Will be taking it off in another hour and add a little moisturizer and seal with coconut oil.

tiffers

Moisturized with Bear Fruit Hair Ginger Macadamia Conditioner & Leave-In, massaged Claudie's Growth Elixer into my scalp and will GHE tonight with my three bags and bonnet. :drunk:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Hey, you changed your name! Took me a few seconds of staring at your avi/new name/siggy before I caught on. :lol:

LOL, yea I was tired of the old name. I was thinking the samething saying "they not going to know who I am"...but then I thought about my siggie so I went ahead with it :yep:.

nickpoopie

Ok, so I baggied for the first time last night and I woke up this morning with damp hair. I let it air dry out while getting ready for work but I couldn't wear it down and ended up putting it in a bun. But I must say that my hair is very soft today.

Bajanmum

Hey baggy gals,

I baggied for the 1st time too, last night. My twists are very soft. My only problem is feeling extremely hot under all the plastic and scarves. I think I'll have to do just one layer of plastic wrap and one silky scarf. Hopefully I won't feel too hot tonight when I GHE.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
GHE - same method as before but used Qhemet OHHB - since it said oils. Sealed this am with KBB heavenly jojoba. I didn't seal yesterday, but today i had breakage and shedding, seemed like more breakage - not at a lot, i just don't like - PERIOD. Just remembered I used Lenzi's request last nite too. Not sure of the culprit. Will co-wash tonight, and try the OHHB again.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I baggy my "wash n go's" for 3-4 night at a time, helps me keep moisture in my hair. Love baggying! I'll thank the thread later today to join! ;-)

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

tiffers

nickpoopie, Bajanmum Yaaaay! So glad it worked for you guys! :woohoo:

Bajanmum, how many layers did you use? I get hot as well, but some combinations are more tolerable. I tried foil once and whoooo, that stuff made me SO hot! Now that I use three shower caps, it's much better!

Golden75 Oh no! I'm thinking it could have been Lenzi's Request because a lot of growth aids cause excess shedding, since they speed up your growth rate. Hopefully the problem will go away after you cut out the LR!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@nickpoopie, @Bajanmum Yaaaay! So glad it worked for you guys! :woohoo:

Bajanmum, how many layers did you use? I get hot as well, but some combinations are more tolerable. I tried foil once and whoooo, that stuff made me SO hot! Now that I use three shower caps, it's much better!

@Golden75 Oh no! I'm thinking it could have been Lenzi's Request because a lot of growth aids cause excess shedding, since they speed up your growth rate. Hopefully the problem will go away after you cut out the LR!

tiffers - Yeah, I think LR too ---but but I just started using it! I can't stop now!:lol: I'll try it every other nite, see what happens. i do not mind shedding, trying to avoid breakage. I am going to clarify this weekend, because I am long over due.

Aveena

I'm still getting very mild breakage but nothing to cry about and it is a lot better than it used to be but I am keeping an eye on it.

nickpoopie

Question?
How can I wear my hair after baggying. I normally wear rollersets but I'm afraid that after all that moisture my hair will look a hot mess!! That's why I just bunned today.

tiffers

Golden75 I read that if you cowash more, it'll stop the shedding that occurs from using growth aids.

I think this is true because I cowash every day and haven't had any excess shedding from using Claudie's Elixer. :yep:

For some, all it takes is cowashing 2-3 times a week to work.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Question:

When I baggy (with oils, natural, or synthetic) products my hair is uber soft to start with, then it feels hard and crunchy. I don't think I can hang. I use to back in the day but now, either my hair ends up crispy or I itch. :nono: What could be causing this?