2 weeks to go. HELP...ladies

LadyCee

HEy ladies

I wanted to get your advice. If you have about two weeks before a relaxer how can you tell if ur hair is strong enough to go thru with it?

And in preparation for it (2wks left) wat would or do you do to get ready for a relaxer. By thys i mean like products you use or dont use, hairstyles, and etx. plz responds tnx a bunch

locabouthair

the week before my relaxer, i always clarify and use a strong protein like ermergencee. and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. the protein is important because relaxers take the protein out of the hair.

cici22

the week before my relaxer, i always clarify and use a strong protein like ermergencee. and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. the protein is important because relaxers take the protein out of the hair.

Cosigning :yep:

As far as hairstyles, I try not to wear tight ponytails or head bands that can scratch the scalp to avoid relaxer burns.

The night before I'm going to relax my hair, if I'm not too lazy lol, I'll base my scalp with grease. And I apply silk amino acids, ORS moisturizer, and serum to my ends.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Make sure that your hair is not breaking excessively. Is it extremely dry? Is the shedding out of control? How are your ends? One week prior to the relaxer, I would do a strong protein, followed by a VERY deep moisturizing conditioner. I would then assess the state of my hair during the week, checking especially for breakage, damage, etc.

The night before, I'll base my scalp and hairline. Prior to the treatment, coat the NG with silk protein like CHI Silk Infusion. Per LocksofLuv :)kiss:), I would use a cheapie conditioner on the rest of the relaxed hair. Don't get the conditioner on the NG or the part that you want to relax. Concentrate the conditioner on the ends as well. This prevents overlapping.

Good luck. Happy birthday and send us some pics. :yep: