12 inches in 12 months - 2014

Mane Event

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

I take Hairfinity. Started taking it at the beginning of my HJ for about 7 months with great results then stopped due to fund issues. Now im back taking Hairfinity and im on bottle 3. I love this supplement. It makes my hair really healthy and my new growth is outta control. Im 9 weeks post and my NG feels as if it is 16 weeks post already. I am going to keep purchasing until i reach the 1 yr mark of Hairfinity. After a year i will assess my results and see if i will continue or not.

I'm going to try hairfinity! :grin:
Nothing has come close to nioxin for me but I haven't tried this supplement yet

This week I will be increasing my exercise. I walk to and from work most days but it's more of a leisure walk than a power walk. I will do at least 30 minutes of exercise that will increase my heart rate. I blocked out an hour of time daily to this cause to include warm up and wind down.

ProductJunkie

For vitamins, I take one of the womens one a day... The one for active mind and body I think once a day, Biotin twice a day, B-Complex at night, Krill Oil, and Vitamin C twice a day. I take biotin twice and the B complex at night because I read you should split your vitamins in half for maximum absorption however, I can't be bothered with a pill cutter and my multivitamin contains caffeine. I really only care about the biotin, C and B vits so I take those twice. (I take a lower dosage of biotin at night)

faithVA

Now that I'm back from vacation I will be getting back on track. Cutting the sugar, getting back to my supplements, eating right and adding the exercise.

I'm DCing now and have oiled my scalp with NJoy's growth oil.

I have to get serious about this 1".

fancypants007

The multivitamin I'm taking is the Vitafusion brand Gummy vitamins :lick:. I take biotin for my hair, skin, & nails and I'm happy with the results I've experienced. I grew and retained a lot of hair from my personal challenge (even though I was slacking off toward the end), but I've already started incorporating the new techniques mentioned earlier for this challenge :yep:

Hoping to reach my goal by August if I stay consistent

I've never heard of that brand before. I have to check into it. Is Biotin really that good? What brand of Biotin do you take? I just finished taking Country Life Biotin. Any suggestions?

fancypants007

This week I will be increasing my exercise. I walk to and from work most days but it's more of a leisure walk than a power walk. I will do at least 30 minutes of exercise that will increase my heart rate. I blocked out an hour of time daily to this cause to include warm up and wind down.

Sounds great! I was thinking the same thing. I do deep breathing exercises, and Callanetics for hips. I started dancing to music for cardio, but I think I need to do this more often to get that blood circulating.

fancypants007

Now that I'm back from vacation I will be getting back on track. Cutting the sugar, getting back to my supplements, eating right and adding the exercise.

I'm DCing now and have oiled my scalp with NJoy's growth oil.

I have to get serious about this 1".

Yes, get serious. It's hard work, but it will pay off. I will be taking my plaits/braids down next week and washing and deep conditioning. I can't wait to see my hair.

fancypants007

Another week has come and gone. I'm still on track and hope all of you are too! Wouldn't you know it I was so busy this weekend that I forgot to bring the recipe for the wheat germ muffins, (I have not made them yet) and the info about the benefits of doing headstands. I try to do headstands 7 days a week for 5 minutes. I consisently oil my scalp with my sulfur mix and spray my braids with my moisturising spray. I was doing cowashes, but I decided not to do any more and just wait until wash day when I take my braids out next week. What I'm doing instead is rinsing my braids under the shower, and of course doing my aloe vera gel and jojoba oil mix and massging this into my scalp to help keep follicles clear. I did take down a few braids over the weekend and there was very little buildup. I keep consistent with my tuna/salmon eating this 2-3 times a week, but I need to add more vegetables and fruits. I also have a recipe for a tuna fruit salad from Robin Wood (HairLady from Growafrohairlong website) recipe book that I will also post. Does anyone have any good recipes for leafy green vegetables and pasta mix or anything else that is good for hair.

PennyK

I've never heard of that brand before. I have to check into it. Is Biotin really that good? What brand of Biotin do you take? I just finished taking Country Life Biotin. Any suggestions?

I like taking the gummy multivitamins. I also read somewhere, too, that they're more easily absorbed in the body than regular hard pills. I use the Spring Valley Biotin. I take 1 pill (5000 mcg) in the morning everyday with a Super B-Complex vitamin (Nature Made Valley Brand). That's just what I use and what I've found to work. I definitely wouldn't sleep on biotin. I find it helpful for both my hair & nails.

In my personal challenge, I gained 2 inches in 3 months so I'm hoping that the scalp massages and baggying help me get an inch a month :grin:

Last edited:

fancypants007

I like taking the gummy multivitamins. I also read somewhere, too, that they're more easily absorbed in the body than regular hard pills. I use the Spring Valley Biotin. I take 1 pill (5000 mcg) in the morning everyday with a Super B-Complex vitamin (Nature Made Valley Brand). That's just what I use and what I've found to work. I definitely wouldn't sleep on biotin. I find it helpful for both my hair & nails.

In my personal challenge, I gained 2 inches in 3 months so I'm hoping that the scalp massages and baggying help me get an inch a month :grin:

Way to go! Sometimes we think it's impossible to get that many inches, but we can. I read an old post several years ago, where I posted I got 2 inches in 1 month. I had plaits/braids in at the time and I remember using MTG. Getting that blood moving certainly helps alot. I want to keep us all motivated and seeing visuals can be helpful and encouraging. I'm going to post a pic at the end of June irregardless if there is growth or not. Sometimes we benefit in other ways like less shedding, thickness, manageability etc. Please share whatever you feel you've gained in the first 2 months of this challenge.

PennyK

Way to go! Sometimes we think it's impossible to get that many inches, but we can. I read an old post several years ago, where I posted I got 2 inches in 1 month. I had plaits/braids in at the time and I remember using MTG. Getting that blood moving certainly helps alot. I want to keep us all motivated and seeing visuals can be helpful and encouraging. I'm going to post a pic at the end of June irregardless if there is growth or not. Sometimes we benefit in other ways like less shedding, thickness, manageability etc. Please share whatever you feel you've gained in the first 2 months of this challenge.

I have to figure out some way to do my inversion. I know you said you were doing hand stands for 5 mins right? I think the main things that aided me were protective styling, daily m&s, and my vitamins.

And you're absolutely right about other benefits to our hair. I did a roller set today and my hair is so soft and there wasn't as much damage to my ends like back in the day. Back then whenever I straightened my hair my split ends would have split ends :lachen:

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)

I'm in!! :grin:

I'll be using liquid gold sulfur and inversion 7 days per month. I also started exercising regularly last week and plan to up my water intake. I need to be consistent with my vitamins. I wish there was a liquid hair vitamin that actually tasted good. Good luck ladies!

ETA: I also plan to braid my hair in celies and wear wigs. I am loving my hair right now so its hard to put the wigs back on.

Last edited:

Blessed&higlyflavoured

Hey Ladies,
Hope your well :)

Today i'm going to clarify with herbal essences clarifying conditioner (the green one). My hair feels producty and unpleasant and i want a nice fresh start. I've been taking asda hair skin and nails supplements for a week my nails are growing quicker but idk about hair-wise. I've also been doing scalp massages with warm castor oil. again IDk if its doing anything for my hair but it feel sooooooooo goooooood. and regarding excercise I'm going to take a jog in the park

fancypants007

I have to figure out some way to do my inversion. I know you said you were doing hand stands for 5 mins right? I think the main things that aided me were protective styling, daily m&s, and my vitamins.

And you're absolutely right about other benefits to our hair. I did a roller set today and my hair is so soft and there wasn't as much damage to my ends like back in the day. Back then whenever I straightened my hair my split ends would have split ends :lachen:

This sounds sooo good and I'm happy for your success. It always lifts my spirits when my hair responds in a positive fashion. Keep up the good work!

fancypants007

I take the Vitafusion brand Gummy vitamins also, as well as Vitamin B Complex.

I need to check into these vitamins. B Complex is very good for your hair. Have you ever took Brewer's Yeast which is loaded with B vitamins? The particular brand I use is by Swanson because it has a sweet nutty taste. I'm actually going to add some Brewers Yeast to my wheat germ muffins, (getting hair enhancing ingredients in one product). I will post the recipe soon.

fancypants007

I'm in!! :grin:

I'll be using liquid gold sulfur and inversion 7 days per month. I also started exercising regularly last week and plan to up my water intake. I need to be consistent with my vitamins. I wish there was a liquid hair vitamin that actually tasted good. Good luck ladies!

ETA: I also plan to braid my hair in celies and wear wigs. I am loving my hair right now so its hard to put the wigs back on.

I saw the post about Liquid Gold. Do you like it? I know I'm back on MTG and I mix it with other oils and so far it's working great. Two times out of the week I use MTG straight up and I have no allergic reaction to it. I started yesterday back working out on my mini trampoline which I plan to do hopefully 3 times a week. It really got my blood circulating. I did do my headstand yesterday and like I stated previously, it makes it easy because I have this contraction that I believe is discontinued now called BodyLift. The inversion though is just as good. Is this the inversion table you're referring to?

fancypants007

Hey Ladies,
Hope your well :)

Today i'm going to clarify with herbal essences clarifying conditioner (the green one). My hair feels producty and unpleasant and i want a nice fresh start. I've been taking asda hair skin and nails supplements for a week my nails are growing quicker but idk about hair-wise. I've also been doing scalp massages with warm castor oil. again IDk if its doing anything for my hair but it feel sooooooooo goooooood. and regarding excercise I'm going to take a jog in the park

It all sounds very good. We need to have our fingers on the pulse sort of speak regarding our hair. We know when it needs certain procedures/methods. Scalp massages do feel so good. Just keep it up being consistent and we will all get there!

fancypants007

Here is the recipe for wheat germ muffins (makes 24)

2 cups milk (soy is preferred)
2 eggs (or egg substitute to make 2 eggs)
6 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups wheat germ (i generally use raw wheat germ I purchase at Whole foods)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
4T Brewers yeast

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all the wet ingredients plus wheat germ together in a large bowl.
In another bowl mix the flour, salt, brewers yeast and baking powder. Add the flour mix to the wheat germ mix and stir very well. Fill your greased muffin tins 3/4 way full with batter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If desire can add raisins or nuts. You can cut the recipe in half if you want to make only 12. For those who may be adding Brewer's Yeast, see tips/warnings below.

Tips and Warnings
If you’re allergic to yeast or prone to yeast infections, you should avoid brewer's yeast. Additionally, if you take medication to control diabetes, check with your health care provider prior to incorporating this supplement in your diet. Brewer’s yeast can interact with certain diabetes medications and result in hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center website. Despite the fact that brewer’s yeast contains most of the B-complex vitamins, it does not contain the essential vitamin B-12, which is primarily found in meat and dairy products. If you’re vegan, don’t look to brewer’s yeast to provide you with B-12.

fancypants007

As promised this is what I found out about doing headstands:

"Someone who was doing research for a hair manual came across this piece of advice. The more people I talked to about this hair growing method, the more I discovered that this technique actually works. Most women accept hair growth of 6-8 inches per year, the women who incorporated this technique into their hair regime found that their hair was growing 6-8 inches in just six months.... or 12 inches and beyond in a year. This technique is standing on your head."

When I found this bit of information I almost fell off my chair. This is our goal wanting to get 12 inches in a year. With everything we're doing, exercising, eating healthy, massaging our scalp with hair growth mix, taking multivitamin or hair vitamin and now this technique, well we will be there before you know it. Let's keep these tips suggestions coming.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

As promised this is what I found out about doing headstands:

"Someone who was doing research for a hair manual came across this piece of advice. The more people I talked to about this hair growing method, the more I discovered that this technique actually works. Most women accept hair growth of 6-8 inches per year, the women who incorporated this technique into their hair regime found that their hair was growing 6-8 inches in just six months.... or 12 inches and beyond in a year. This technique is standing on your head."

When I found this bit of information I almost fell off my chair. This is our goal wanting to get 12 inches in a year. With everything we're doing, exercising, eating healthy, massaging our scalp with hair growth mix, taking multivitamin or hair vitamin and now this technique, well we will be there before you know it. Let's keep these tips suggestions coming.

There is a thread on the inversion method somewhere here. tiffers said it worked for her. She didn't stand on her head but she did a variation. Where did you find this info above?

fancypants007

There is a thread on the inversion method somewhere here. tiffers said it worked for her. She didn't stand on her head but she did a variation. Where did you find this info above?

Someone shared it with me. Evidently it was a hair growth manual that she purchased some years ago and this women did a lot of research and found this technique. Once she investigated and asked several women who applied this technique, this was the results she found. Years ago I would do headstands and then stop. Headstands is one strong way you can get blood to the scalp. I remember practicing this technique for a whole month some years ago and my hair was so full. Just like with everything, you have to be consistent. Since we are on this challenge to try to get 12 inches, it really caught my eye. Do your own research on headstands to see what you find.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

castor oil scalp massage as per usual tonight. My hair feels a little stripped after my clarifying shampoo but apart from that its happy. also i'm going to drink a nice nutrient packed smoothie.

faithVA

Oiled my scalp with diluted Njoy's growth oil last night and baggied for 1.5 hours. Did inversion for 4 minutes. Would rather do that than scalp massages.

Taking my vitamins now. Trying to get my water in before end of day.

fancypants007

Oiled my scalp with diluted Njoy's growth oil last night and baggied for 1.5 hours. Did inversion for 4 minutes. Would rather do that than scalp massages.

Taking my vitamins now. Trying to get my water in before end of day.

I agree about doing the inversion/headstand instead of massaging. After applying my oil, I ususally massage it in for about a minute. Then I do my headstand. This way I know the blood is getting to my scalp.

fancypants007

castor oil scalp massage as per usual tonight. My hair feels a little stripped after my clarifying shampoo but apart from that its happy. also i'm going to drink a nice nutrient packed smoothie.

Sounds good! I keep looking for different ways to incorporate healthy nutrient rich foods into my diet. All of it works together, internal/external. The products are also important. I originally said I was going to do aloe vera and jojoba applied only to my scalp to keep follicles open, but starting next month I'm going to start doing cowashes. Wearing plaits/braids is my protective style, so I will cowash 3 times a week and wash using diluted shampoo twice a month. I've never did cowashes before and I'm hoping I won't get a lot of buildup and it will help give me some growth.

cocoamomma

What goes into your smoothie?

Blessed&higlyflavoured

What goes into your smoothie?

cocoamomma

whole goats milk
ice chips
1 banana
handful of greens (spinach or kale usually)
raspberries/ strawberries (depends on whats in the garden)
big spoon of honey :lick:
teaspoon of raw cacao (or unsweeteened cocoa powder)

its yummy and i dont have to go to the shops to get stuff. i dont drink the same one everyday. it depends on whats going on in the cupboard/garden to be honest

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)

I saw the post about Liquid Gold. Do you like it? I know I'm back on MTG and I mix it with other oils and so far it's working great. Two times out of the week I use MTG straight up and I have no allergic reaction to it. I started yesterday back working out on my mini trampoline which I plan to do hopefully 3 times a week. It really got my blood circulating. I did do my headstand yesterday and like I stated previously, it makes it easy because I have this contraction that I believe is discontinued now called BodyLift. The inversion though is just as good. Is this the inversion table you're referring to?

I love liquid gold. It has really helped my hair turn around. I'm affiliated with the company so I won't say much else. I am hoping that using it along with the inversions will give me over an inch per month. My goal is hip length by the end of the year.