12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

Spongebob

i hope to use new means, my juicing and exercise, simplify my regimen and cut out unnecessary handling, and be on top of my nioxin vitamins.

nakialovesshoes

1. Picture in Eight inches Longer Hair. (have fun) My siggy is pretty close to where an additional 8 inches would fall on me with my current length.
2. Pull on it and do a length check, just like it is yours
3. Date that length check December 2012
4. Complete the following dated goals with growth based upon where your hair will be if you retain growth of one inch per month.
Example
June: by the end of June I would like my hair in the front to touch my lips
Sept: by the end of Sept I would like my hair in the fornt to touch my chin
Dec: APL

5. Tell us which tools you are going to use to attain that growth among the choices below.

1 inch per month of retention tools:
a. Faith in God
b. Prayer/ Meditation
c. Vision Boards
d. Dreaming
e. Positive Affirmations
f. Scriptures
g. Anything else that is known to increase growth

6. Check in every once in a while and tell us how your vision tools are working for you.

I need to work on my retention tools!

Seamonster

Inspired njoy answered it. there is a story in the bible where Jacob had sheep look at spots and then they became spotted, Genesis 30:32-43. The bible backs up the theory of visualization for hair color. When I saw Njoy's picture I remembered this scripture. So I am basically saying take a picture with your goal length so that you can see your vision and make it more real for yourself.

g.lo

Isaiah 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Last edited:

Seamonster

I will tidy up my length goals when I take out my braids. My goals for this thread are simply the length I can pull my wet hair to
April: APL
June: BSL 2 inches
Sept: MBL 3 inches
Dec: WL 3 inches
5. Tell us which tools you are going to use to attain that growth among the choices below.

1 inch per month of retention tools:
a. Faith in God
b. Prayer/ Meditation
c. Vision Board
d. Dreaming of the styles I will wear
e. Positive Affirmations (My hair is retaining Length; My scalp is healed and growing thick hair.)
f. Scriptures
Isaiah 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

1John 1:9 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name, ask and you will receive, that your joy will be complete.

Ezekiel 16:7 "I made you thrive like a plant in the field; and you grew, matured, and became very beautiful. Your breasts were formed, your hair grew, but you were naked and bare. 14 "Your fame went out among the nations because of your beauty, for it was perfect through My splendor which I had bestowed on you," says the Lord GOD.

g. Biotin, Saw Palmetto, Seaweed, MSM, Diet, Walking, Protective styles, Massage, MT, Sulfur, water, raw foods, juice, tea

afrochique

My hair 8 in. longer would be slightly past full WL. I hope all the layers can grow out.

TOOLS:
• Prayer_:to achieve my goals, to stick to my regimen, and for motivation.
• Visualization: To focus on the goal and stay motivated.
• Regimen: Wigs provide the best retention for me so I am sticking to what is tried and true.
• Diet and exercise: Increase my water intake, eat more vegetables and fruits, walking and running.
• Take my vitamins faithfully.

ETA: My tools include most of the techniques and recommendations in the OP.

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

Write the Vision and make it plain. that is the scripture I currently have on my vision board anyway. I also have pictures of long healthy hair. whooo hoooo.

I BC'd on March 27 and I cant find the pic that I have of the length of the front of my hair. . .I knows its around somewhere. BUT I am claiming at least 3/4 of an inch because when I BC'd I was 4-5" and now I'm measuring 5-6.5" whoop whoop!!!! My hair is thriving.

princesskaha

Seamonster, NJoy , which scripture do you think can be appropriate ?

hi! in addition to the scriptures Seamonster gave, I also like Song of Solomon 4:1
"Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead." Because history has it that those goats have very long jet black thick hair so i use that one a lot especially when I remember :woot::woot:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
hi! in addition to the scriptures Seamonster gave, I also like Song of Solomon 4:1
"Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead." Because history has it that those goats have very long jet black thick hair so i use that one a lot especially when I remember :woot::woot:

SN: I LOVE Song of Solomon. Thank you for quoting from it. :infatuated:

Seamonster

Great one, I am going to add that to my list

Seamonster

Some time in February

My March 31 update

May 1 update (Looks a little shorter)

My back is now long enough for me to grab, so I am going to continue my check ins using this one

April 1 update

May 1 update (looks shorter to me)

Inspiired

Seamonster said:
Some time in February
http://lunapic.com

My March 31 update

May 1 update (Looks a little shorter)

My back is now long enough for me to grab, so I am going to continue my check ins using this one

April 1 update

May 1 update (looks shorter to me)

I don't think it's shorter however I think it's good to do length check pictures every three months rather than monthly so that you can see the full growth!

-- http://www.twitter.com/bootyfurl

fairyhairy

so just chopped off about 4 inches and now back at neck length but a lot happier, my hair was a mess of of ssks and split ends, being honest I am too lazy to deal with my hair so it is was it is and so i guess its 8inches in 8 months now,

fairyhairy

I just think the styles that work for others don't really work for me, I want to decide on a style and stick with it for the next 8 months it must be a stretched style and easy to wash and deep condition

nakialovesshoes

Made a mix of 15% MSM lotion & a tube of MN along with some onion & garlic extract & lavender EO today. Sticking with it. Of course the goal is an inch per month but I'd be satisfied if I could get 6 by the end of the year!

sheanu

gforceroy said:
sheanu I'm just curious, how often to you apply MN to your scalp? TIA!

Hi there! I apply either once per day or every other day. Before it was morning and night but that was too much oil so I switched to every other day for a bit. I recently just put everything (my brahmi-bhringraj oil, sulfur 8 and MN) into one bottle and use that mix daily. This has been best cuz my hair doesn't get very oily at all plus I get a daily dose of all my favorite growth aides :)
Hope that wasn't tmi lol

Inspiired

I couldn't wait! Here's my June update haha :)

Shadiyah

:spinning:there is something in the UK water because the women over there never have a problem with growing their hair

Ogoma

It is definitely not the water! :lol: They have super hard water over there. These wonderful ladies are achieving this despite their water.

HauteHippie

Hi everyone!

I was supposed to be in this challenge. I bleached the ends and dyed my hair myself for the first time in my life in late Jan, early Feb and it basically fell out. I also had to trim it a couple of times so now my hair is thinner and shorter. I tried garlic, protein, deep moisturizing conditioners and steaming to stop the shedding, but I didn't have a healthy scalp. It was sore. I gave up for a while, but now I feel better.

If I can jump back into this challenge, it'll be a 5 inches in 5 months challenge. That should counteract the dumb things I did earlier in the year.

Starting pic:

ForumRunner_20120703_073927.jpg