12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

this is the site i bought it from! it is a nice wig and i haven't even trimmed or do anything with it! it is my first wig and people think that it is my hair! lots of youtube revue and tutorial if you want to wear it as a full weave. I had only a tiny peace of my hair out at the front!

Gaby

Could you include the link to the site you purchased it from? I think you either forgot to mention it or perhaps you bought it via a product exchange here on LHCF.

Still got my cornrolls. Its less than three weeks and I have so much growth. My intention was to keep the cornrolls for at least 8 weeks but I doubt if I will be able to looking at the amount of growth ive gotten so far. I am want to substitute hairfinity with liquid amino acids. Can any of you ladies suggest one that is potent and very high in protein.

Happy hair growing ladies

this is the site i bought it from! it is a nice wig and i haven't even trimmed or do anything with it! it is my first wig and people think that it is my hair! lots of youtube revue and tutorial if you want to wear it as a full weave. I had only a tiny peace of my hair out at the front!

Gaby

Thank you!

Still got my cornrolls. Its less than three weeks and I have so much growth. My intention was to keep the cornrolls for at least 8 weeks but I doubt if I will be able to looking at the amount of growth ive gotten so far. I am want to substitute hairfinity with liquid amino acids. Can any of you ladies suggest one that is potent and very high in protein.

Happy hair growing ladies

zionlady - wooooooo! #Team12In12 :)

& that sounds like a really good idea! When you do find the liquid amino acids, remember to use with carrier oils :)

Hmhg <3

Just did my sulfur/jbco scalp masssage, moisturized with BB Oil Moisturizer and sealed my ends with jbco.

^^^^ I love castor oil too. It is definitely responsible for my increased hair thickness.

I fell off a little from the end of last week through yesterday. I was out of the area and did not take my vitamins or drink enough water :blush:

However, I am now back on track. Took my vitamins and have been drinking plenty of water today and I just braided my hair for a braid out tomorrow.

Happy Hair Growing. Hope all is well!

^^^^ I love castor oil too. It is definitely responsible for my increased hair thickness.

I fell off a little from the end of last week through yesterday. I was out of the area and did not take my vitamins or drink enough water :blush:

However, I am now back on track. Took my vitamins and have been drinking plenty of water today and I just braided my hair for a braid out tomorrow.

Happy Hair Growing. Hope all is well!

QueenAmaka - iknowright! Castor oil is the truth!

If you fall off track, never feel disheartened just carry on like the strong black woman you are :)

Spongebob I'm sorry, I didn't read and I know better. :spank: I just got all excited b/c the BSS where I worked sells like 5 different ones... :spinning:

Anyway, I just ordered the one you linked me to! They said estimated delivery is between January 31 and February 3! Can't wait! Man...if I hit BSL (or past it!) by my birthday in June I'm throwing a hair party!

Last edited:
So got my hair done this past weekend and they did a good job of getting it straight and disciplined lmaoo. And my hair isn't randomly breaking like it was before.

I've been maintaining it in a slicked hairstyle, maybe combed to the side and kinda molded looking, IDK but it works and looks neat. My edges I make sure they're laid down overnight and they're looking good. And the rest of my hair, Ive decided I'm going to oil my scalp weekly w/ my coconut oil and WGO and peppermint oil (mostly to mast the WGO) concoction. This is pretty good in keep my newgrowth down, but I think it adds to some growth IDK we'll see. But whatever it'll help maintain the style. I'm definitely going to wait 2wks before going to get it washed....may do 3-4wks :look: I've done it before eh.

I need one more trim before I can do a proper mearsurement of my hair and I think I'll make that happen next week Monday. Right now I am concentrating my efforts on allowing a stylist to nurse it back to a reasonable length that I can manage on my own.

I just found a new stylist (Dominican) through a client of mine whose hair looks amazing now. Her hair cuticles are nice and flat and so shiny so I will be going to her stylist to try out. She uses Alter Ego products and some dominican products but I will of course be taking some of my own products with me just in case.

I sure hope she can cornrow or flat row very short hair because I need to wear my wig as my PS for the HYH challenge.

@zionlady - wooooooo! #Team12In12 :)

& that sounds like a really good idea! When you do find the liquid amino acids, remember to use with carrier oils :)

Hmhg <3

I decided to go with Twinlab Amino Fuel. I am not using carrier oils for now. I have a bunch of them but I want to take the cornrolls out first and then start using them again. I am currently using WGHO for now,

Wait a minute...

My hair grew an inch this month! OMG!

I measured yesterday and my hair is 10 inches long all around. The last time I measured it was 9 inches long...but I figured that I was measuring after the "month" mark... But I just checked my blog and it was December 26 when I measured 9 inches...

Now to figure out what in my regimen changed... Could it be the Silicon Mix?

Wait a minute...

I measured yesterday and my hair is 10 inches long all around. The last time I measured it was 9 inches long...but I figured that I was measuring after the "month" mark... But I just checked my blog and it was December 26 when I measured 9 inches...

Yeah! congrats:superbanana::superbanana::superbanana::superbanana::superbanana:. i will measure mine next week end!

Wait a minute...

Am really happy for you. Congrats

Still in cornrows (no extensions). Been 4weeks now. I wash and redo them one at a time every week. I spray with African Pride braid spray and moisture my ends with silken child moisturizer cream and argan oil. I'm 6 weeks post relaxer and I'm getting good new growth. So far so good!

HautePinkHeels, congrats!!

I am definitely in! Many of these things I have already incorporated into my lifestyle/regimen, so it's all about patience and consistency now!

steamed and then lightly blow-dried today with my regular products

loving walnut oil - love the smell and the feeling it gives my hair did the LOC method now doing a baggy with s-curl sealed with a tad bit of walnut oil

have to say since this challenge I have been alot more happier with my hair - I am still in need of cutting but feel like I can regain that length soon if I keep on with a structured process

My hair grew quite a bit nut didn't measure it. It just seems a lot longer to me since the cut at the beginning of this month. I have not straightened it since the cut because I may need another trim to even it all up properly. I want to get the trim next week though.

I got my first inch!!!!!! 11 more to go!!!!

Wait a minute...

BlkOnyx488 HautePinkHeels congratulations. So happy for you two. Now spill the beans. How did you two get an inch a month. :lick:

@BlkOnyx488 @HautePinkHeels congratulations. So happy for you two. Now spill the beans. How did you two get an inch a month. :lick:
@GIJane
I braided my hair Jan 1st indivdual braids

1. Baggy every night, I use a spray mixed with proclaim leave in-condition 1tsp of Sulpher powder, 2 tsp of Castor oil, and a little Grapeseed oil.

2. I started taking Nixoin Pills every day 1 a day as recommended

3. I DC weekly with a Black tea Rinse.

4. every 3 to 4 weeks I do a protein DC

5. I drink lots of water

6. Oh and I did buy a head massager that I use almost every night for about 20 mins.:yep:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400258570924?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648:yep::yep:

7. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but in case it does I do teach 7 zumba classes a week which causes me to head sweat like crazy

Last edited:
@GIJane
I braided my hair Jan 1st indivdual braids

1. Baggy every night, I use a spray mixed with proclaim leave in-condition 1tsp of Sulpher powder, 2 tsp of Castor oil, and a little Grapeseed oil.

2. I started taking Nixoin Pills every day 1 a day as recommended

3. I DC weekly with a Black tea Rinse.

4. every 3 to 4 weeks I do a protein DC

5. I drink lots of water

6. Oh and I did buy a head massager that I use almost every night for about 20 mins.:yep:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400258570924?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648:yep::yep:

7. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but in case it does I do teach 7 zumba classes a week which causes me to head sweat like crazy

Thanks. Very interesting.

HautePinkHeels said:
Wait a minute...

Congratulations to you as well!

Wonderful and so inspiring to read all these great results.

Back