Biotin 10mg/MSM recs

thatscuteright

Where can I get an effective brand of 10mg Biotin and MSM?
I hae tried some in the past but they were not so effective.

Thank you

ekomba

Freeda biotin 10mg is good. as i runned out i just take for now 6mg daily of Puritan Pride biotin and get 3mg also from my hair nails and skin by Vitol so the total 9mg daily and get good growth too and as far as msm i tried trimedica msm powder not satisfied i will try doctors best msm and crystal msms

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I would like to know what makes one brand work and the other not work if there both the same thing and have the same amount of mg's :confused:

ekomba

i dont know if it depends on your body but so far the only biotin that i see results in terms of growth are only pp and freeda even though some others can have the same mg for instance you could test one brand for 3-6months and not notice any outstanding growth and then jump on pp i also notice many hairstylists at the domenican salons (domenican women) use puritan pride biotin its effective and make your head itch all the time but freeda biotin 10mg the advantage is you only take one.Puritan Pride i found it more potent and could never take 10mg i take 6 pills daily 6mg and one day i tried to take 10mg of the pp (5 morning and 5 afternoon) i got so sick i can feel its really potent. So i really think the amount of mg does not matter its how potent to me 10mg freeda is not the same as 10mg pp it all depends on what your body needs and can absorb as the extra b- vits the body dont need is released so all you do is just try different brands and you will know which one works for you and also make sure to use it in combination with vit c or orange and load of waters

LABETT

Puritans Pride biotin did nothing for my hair switched to GNC biotin and saw better results.
I changed to Freeda Biotin 3 months ago and my hair had a growth spurt Freeda Biotin is da bomb and I am sticking with this brand only wished I had started using this brand soonier.

ekomba

That's interesting Labett so it proves to me that it depends on the body. Your body's needs. Because i found i had faster growth with pp than freeda and for instance GNC ultranourishair even though popular on this board did not work for me i saw nothing no growth spurt. So i think one brand, one product can work for some and not for others depending on your physical/biological make up,diet and your needs and criteria beyond my knowledge thats good to know i should stick with what wworks instead of experimenting all the time

TrulyBlessed

I just started consistently taking Doctor's Best MSM (powder) from the Vitamin Shoppe. So far so good (decreased shedding-finally!:grin: and itchy scalp). I have heard nothing but good things about this brand. The opinions seem to be split on the Trimedica brand.

LABETT

ekomba said:
That's interesting Labett so it proves to me that it depends on the body. Your body's needs. Because i found i had faster growth with pp than freeda and for instance GNC ultranourishair even though popular on this board did not work for me i saw nothing no growth spurt. So i think one brand, one product can work for some and not for others depending on your physical/biological make up,diet and your needs and criteria beyond my knowledge thats good to know i should stick with what wworks instead of experimenting all the time

I agree it depends on the body I took GNC Ultranourish for 8 months no major results switched to Natures's Plus Ultra Hair and saw results in two months.

ekomba

oh thats good to know labett i'm not the only one not experiencinng succes with the ultranourishair. so far only 5 vits i get excellent results are freeda biotin 10mg, pp biotin, Nature's Bounty EPO, hair nails skin time released by vitol and nature's made super b complex. i'm stick to those. i will either add Doctor's best msm powder or a1msm crystals for msm