10 Rudest Things People Do In Church

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I think it's rude for ushers to not smile.... a scowling welcome committee isn't a good thing.. lol In the last church I was a member of , there was a Jamaican usher (no disrespect to Jamaicans) that used to rush people to sit down quickly and I've never seen her smile..she operated more like a football coach, filling in the seats...go! go! go! go! And don't let a seat be empty in the middle of the row...she'll ask everyone to move over one seat, no matter what they're doing...even if it takes her working her way in to get their attention. No kidding. We were amused at first but over time I started feeling bad* for first-time visitors. WWJD?

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
What I'm going to say may be unpopular. I think it's rude when people shout, by

running around the church, with their eyes close.

I read this and all I could do was laugh :rofl: :lol: :lachen:

Why would someone even attempt to do that?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I think it's rude for ushers to not smile.... a scowling welcome committee isn't a good thing.. lol In the last church I was a member of , there was a Jamaican usher (no disrespect to Jamaicans) that used to rush people to sit down quickly and I've never seen her smile..she operated more like a football coach, filling in the seats...go! go! go! go! And don't let a seat be empty in the middle of the row...she'll ask everyone to move over one seat, no matter what they're doing...even if it takes her working her way in to get their attention. No kidding. We were amused at first but over time I started feeling bad* for first-time visitors. WWJD?

:lol: She was serious about filling up those seats. Bless her heart :lol: