Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

SheenaVee

I see a lot of people on youtube use this product.

Anyone use it?
Do you like it? Hate it?
Does it moisturize well?
Define well?
What does it smell of?

Also, does anyone know of anywhere that ships it to the UK? I wanna try it so bad. :sad:

Zaz

I :love: this stuff.

I really like it for my wash n gos, it's a nice creamy product with a bit of weight to it, it kept my hair moisturised all day and gave me nice definition.
I twisted my hair with it and it worked well, the next day I had nice well definied twists so it has a nice hold to it.
The only reason why I might not use it for twists in the future is I tend to do my twistouts over night and it smells very sweet and was too much for me to handle while I slept.
However the smell didn't bother me when I did the wash n go.

Sesi

I has hold, and a little goes a long way.
I will not repurchase because it wasn't moisturizing enough for me (my hair felt dry after a few days) and left filmy residue on my hair (you could feel the residue more than you could see it).

But it is a lot of product for the price - heck if i get broke again, I might purchase it. it lasts a looooooooooooong time.

spelmanlocks

I have used it once and I didn't like it at all. It was not moisturizing. You can probably get it from target or amazon online.

Alta Angel

I love it for my braidouts and twist outs. I apply the Kimmaytube Leave In first, then I use the Smoothie to set the style. I don't apply it more than twice per week.

Amoreofcurls

Thank you so much for this thread Sheena!!!....

Ive been dying to try this stuff, especially in combo with Eco Styler Gel

Is it a leave in or styling product? like would you still have to use Giovanni Direct underneath it?

KurlyNinja

It does define curls, but you get that hold you get like from a gel, but you also went get that crunchy feeling either. It does have a really sweet smell, but it didnt other me throughout the day. I still prefer the Masque to the smoothie though. I use the Masque as a leave in instead of a DC. it defines my curls better than the smoothie and leaves it more moisturized.

naturalagain2

I love it on dry hair. I do a braid/twist out on dry hair with it and it looks so good. I don't care for it on wet hair because my hair shrinks so bad with it.

iri9109

i really like it for wash & gos and twistouts on dry/damp hair....the smoothie smells very sweet (but i like it)..the deep treatment masque is thicker (like a butter), but has a much more toned down smell compared to the smoothie. i used it for a WnG before and my hair was so soft and moisturized for atleast 3-4 days and i got so many compliments...i've never used the masque as a DC and i dont plan to. when i use both, i spritz with a little water and then sometimes add a leave-in all over (was oyin hair dew, but i ran out so now its shea moisture restorative condish), then apply either the smoothie or masque in sections.

I'm still trying to figure how to incorporate this stuff. It smells amazing, it's got the right consistency, it has awesome ingredients.... I used it to do twists on blown out hair and I loved the results.

Diva_Esq

I use it daily after my cowashes on top of my leave-in condish. It keeps my curls moist all day and smells divine! It's a staple for me!!

Fhrizzball

It doesn't work for me as a wash and go or with ecostyler. It doesn't define my curls but really helps moisturize them and gives great hold. I use it as a styler for twists and twistouts. I use a leave in and oil underneath and I find that I don't need to remoisturize my hair daily like I usually do. Id does help give me defined twistouts but being a curl enchancer on its own is a no go for me. The name is really misleading I feel. I like it better than the masque.

~~HoneyComb~~

I love the way the product smells and the way that is moisturizes.

The hold is too soft for my hair to use for styling (twistouts, shingling)--but for ponypuffs and buns, it's fantastic

Beautytalk69

This stuff is the bomb. I use it for a leave in or for my braid outs! Don't be heavy handed with it..or you will regret it. Oh and it works better on wet hair..for me at least

LovelyNaps26

it doesn't give great hold in my opinion. then again it is probably a product that has to used with wet hair.

however, when i used it on dry hair for a braid out my hair was soft and fluffy. because i like my braidouts fluffy i was fine but if i needed at least 2 day hair i would have to use it in combination with something else like ecostyler.

here i discuss the product and show results on my hair. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4eFjVV3cNg

omnipadme

Love the smell and ingredients- good for twistouts, but was drying with a wash & go. Good local cheap purchase, not sure if buying again.

natura87

Its awesome and is now a staple. Its extremely moisturizing and a little goes a long way. I have only used it for twists so far so I will experiment some more to see what else I can do with it.

Vashti

I haven't found it to be all that curl defining but it moisturizes my hair well and I love the smell. I use it on wet hair with a little oil. It lasts a while too. You don't have to use a lot.

keepithealthy

Yes I use it. I really like the product. I used it for the first time for twist and twist out. I had great results. It was moisturizing and my hair felt soft. I don't know if it will define my wng's since I haven't used it for that yet. It has a nice smell but it can be overwhelming to some. Overall I think it is a good product for a good price. Sorry I don't know anything about shipping. Hope this helps.

ManeStreet

I LOVE it!!! I'm SO mad at myself for not buying more when it was BOGO at Walgreens. I only got two. I use it for W&G and it moisturizes my hair, makes it shiney, gives hold, makes my culrs clump together and elongates my curls for some more length and I when I use it I get very little shrinkage. I already don't shrink that much but it prevents it even more so. And it smells super good. I feel like I'm on a tropical island drinking a pina colada, lol.

gigi2011

I bought the smoothie a couple months back and stopped using it once my Afroveda products arrived. I'm a HUGE fan of the moisture mist and use it all the time. I tried the smoothie again the other day and was surprised at the moisture boost. I too remember it leaving behind a waxy feel but not this time.

CarolinaGal

I use this under my Paul Mitchell (foam and styling lotion). I think it helps moisturize my hair. With this product alone my hair gets too poofy.

.:Eden:.

Yup, I used it during the Walgreens BOGO. I wanted to like it soo bad, but the smell was unbearable. My head was hurting and I became dizzy, so I immediately washed it out. All of their products carry a very strong scent. The thing is, I am rarely sensitive to smells so this is weird for me. As far as moisture, it did nothing in that department for my hair.

Surprisingly, I love their Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner. It's very moisturizing and the scent is lovely.

KeishaDaNelle

*Jumps out of lurking*

I like to use this for braid-outs and scrunching out any hardness from gel on my wash n go's. I also use it as a refresher through out the week for my wash n gos. It breaks down gel really well and gives me that softness that I desire. I wouldn't call it the absolute best moisturizer, at-least not for my hair, but it does an pretty good job when working with other products (especially gels).