shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie- no hold?

gcchick_07

ok

so of course i jumped on the bandwagon and loaded up on a couple sheamoisture products while i was in wal greens

while the smoothie is very moisturizing...i took down my twistout today and it went poof. this is the second time this has happened. i end up with a chunky stretched out fro with NO twist definition. :sad:

is this something that anyone else is experiencing?

also, i picked up the deep moisture masque, how has that worked out for everyone?

coilsgonewild

Same here, I just use the curl enhancing smoothy as a moisturizer now, I put a small amount in my hair before twist out and I use eco styler gel for hold. Also I tried the deep moister masque and I hated it, it just kinda sat on the top of my hair. It might work for you though... :)

gcchick_07

Same here, I just use the curl enhancing smoothy as a moisturizer now, I put a small amount in my hair before twist out and I use eco styler gel for hold. Also I tried the deep moister masque and I hated it, it just kinda sat on the top of my hair. It might work for you though... :)

haha i think it still looks cute...but...i mean i could have managed that without twisting up :/

sat on your hair eh? sigh. i'll deep condition tomorrow and see what's what.

EllePixie

It's really supposed to be a moisturizer...it doesn't have any hold and has glycerin, so if you live in a humid climate you will get *poof* quickly.

~~HoneyComb~~

I learned the hard way about this stuff, esp. living in a very humid climate that I can't use it as a styling aid :nono:

I can use just a tad pit to brush through after I detangle my hair.

I made the mistake of using it this week along with Miss Jessies curly meringue and it left my hair soft and my twists and braidout's poofed like crazy the minute I stepped outside--I have my hair in a puff until I wash again.

gcchick_07

yeah. since i posted that pic of my hair, it's only poofed up more... yeah i live in nashville, this humidity is no joke.

well thankfully i'm washing my hair tomorrow anyway :/

keepithealthy

I have used Shae moisture curl enhancing smoothie on air dried stretched hair to do my twists and they came out fine; but that was during the winter. I don't really like the masque as a conditioner but it worked really well as a leave in for me. But my hair is more on the fine side that might have made a differance as well.

Last edited:

allmundjoi

I add a touch of ecostyler gel as I twist with the Smoothie. I end w/defined and soft twist out.

Sent from my DROIDX

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I really want to try this product. Everyone says what a great moisturizer it is. I don't even mine the summer poof bc I'm in a bun challenge.