Comb Chase Method? Huh?

rosieposey

I believe it means running the comb and flat iron through your hair at the same time. With the comb in front of the flat iron. It stops frizzy ends. I use a rat tail comb since the teeth are so small & close:grin:

Last edited:

WaistLengthDreams

I really like to use the Jilbere vented straightening comb.

It's great when flat ironing my NG.

virtuenow

This method pulls my hair out from the root. I'm not sure how anyone is doing this w/o losing a bunch of hair. I'm not using the chase method anymore-- well maybe on the very ends but definitely not the length of my "highly textured" hair.

kblc06

This method pulls my hair out from the root. I'm not sure how anyone is doing this w/o losing a bunch of hair. I'm not using the chase method anymore-- well maybe on the very ends but definitely not the length of my "highly textured" hair.

Are you sure you're not just losing shed hair that you didn't completely remove?

virtuenow

Are you sure you're not just losing shed hair that you didn't completely remove?

Yes, I'm sure. When I use the method, my hair is already detangled, then blowdried w/a comb/or tension method (fully detangled). I run the flat iron over my hair to stretch it more, then comb thru w/the fine tooth comb, then use the chase and it still pulls my hair out from root. I can actually feel it ripping from root.

diadall

I am not coordinated enough to do that. I am scared that while trying to chase I will have flat iron in one spot too long and burn my hair out.

~marti26.

I am not coordinated enough to do that. I am scared that while trying to chase I will have flat iron in one spot too long and burn my hair out.
I felt the exact same way, but it has turned out not to be nearly as hard as I thought. I still haven't mastered blowdrying with one hand and brushing with the other. That one just requires way more coordination, but I'm working on getting better in that area also.

diadall

Thanks. I am going to try it. I am going to see if I can find one of those finer tooth combs.
I felt the exact same way, but it has turned out not to be nearly as hard as I thought. I still haven't mastered blowdrying with one hand and brushing with the other. That one just requires way more coordination, but I'm working on getting better in that area also.

Nonie

virtuenow I haven't personally felt the need to use this method. I stretch my hair with the fingers of one hand and then run the flat iron over the stretched hair using my other hand.

Missjae09

diadall- you do have to be careful but it's a bit easier when you use the special comb. I can't do the comb chase method on my own hair without the comb but I can use a regular rattail comb when I straightening someone elses hair.

Missjae09

I don't like to straighten my hair without using this method.. I can definitely tell a difference from when I use it and when I don't.

Artemis

I don't like to straighten my hair without using this method.. I can definitely tell a difference from when I use it and when I don't.

Same here. It's the only way I flat iron. No splits or fried ends :yep:

Practice makes perfect, and as DSD has said many times (and countless others who flat iron) and great blow dry is the key to a great flat iron. It's all in prep, product, and technique.