I did a flat iron tutorial using the "straightening comb" designed for flat irons...

vegasQT

Re: I did a flat iron tutorial using the "straightening comb" designed for flat irons

Good job! I subscribed.

Ijanei

Re: I did a flat iron tutorial using the "straightening comb" designed for flat irons

aww your beautiful and lovely hair...nice straightening technique

glamazon386

I have one of these combs and I couldn't get the hang of it. I'll try it again. Thanks for the tut!

glamazon386

Just a question, but have you ever flat ironed your hair using the tension method with a regular small tooth comb or a brush and how do the results compare? Or even just pulling it taut. Just wondering if I should actually spend the money on this comb or use the straightening brush that I have (haven't tried it yet tho)

I've seen people do it with a regular comb before. My stylist has done it before. I didn't realize it until I saw her in the mirror. There's a member her who actually attached a comb to her flat iron. I can't remember the screen name though.

lilliz6

I've seen people do it with a regular comb before. My stylist has done it before. I didn't realize it until I saw her in the mirror. There's a member her who actually attached a comb to her flat iron. I can't remember the screen name though.

You can definitely do it with a regular rat tail comb. My stylist uses a bone comb because it doesn't melt when close to the heat of the flat iron. My cutter comb melted a little when I used it with my flat iron. It's easier to use the cutter comb with the chase method until you really get good at it. I prefer to use my bone comb though because the teeth are slightly closer together which makes for super straight hair.