I did a flat iron tutorial using the "straightening comb" designed for flat irons...

NikStarrr

I know if a few threads directed towards naturals who flat iron, pics of those "straightening combs" have popped up.

I always use it with the comb-chase method when flat ironing, so I finally joined youtube, and this was my very first tutorial. Check it out if you're interested in seeing how it's used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3taFos6xvbU

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Re: I did a flat iron tutorial using the "straightening comb" designed for flat irons

Oh that hair! Just beautiful. Are you going to make a video of the shea butter mix? I have a mix too but I'm always looking for ways to make it better.
I subscribed. :)

sunbubbles

Re: I did a flat iron tutorial using the "straightening comb" designed for flat irons

kEWL BEANS!! Where can I buy that comb?

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ

here is the embedded video for those of you who don't like to click, like me. ♥

[video=youtube;3taFos6xvbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3taFos6xvbU[/video]

che1219

Thanks OP I just bought one of those combs, looks like it will make getting the hair straighter easier.
Btw, your hair came out nice.

NikStarrr

Thx ladies.

You can buy the comb off of folica.com. I got mine off of ebay, though. It was about 12 bucks.

BillsBackerz67

I was trying to comment the other day but it wouldn't let me! I think you did a great job. I suck at flat ironing and maybe the comb will help me achieve better results, esp at my ends :yep: your hair is so pretty and thick :love:

NikStarrr

Oh that hair! Just beautiful. Are you going to make a video of the shea butter mix? I have a mix too but I'm always looking for ways to make it better.
I subscribed. :)

Sure, I guess I can make a vid on that. Though, my shea mix is pretty basic. haha It's just shea, EVOO, CO & lemongrass oil for fragrance. I'll post a vid soon though.

Gibsongal

Wow you have beautiful hair! Thanks for the tut.

Jazzlyric

Your hair looks so beautiful and healthy . Looking foward to see what else your channel will cover . Thanks for letting us know !

BlaqBella

Thanks Nikstar. I would watch and subscribe(for the first time) to your videos.

freecurl

Great job!!! I know this sounds strange, but I never knew you could flat tron without blow drying first. That's great if you want a low heat regimen. Thanks for the tutorial.

NikStarrr

Great job!!! I know this sounds strange, but I never knew you could flat tron without blow drying first. That's great if you want a low heat regimen. Thanks for the tutorial.

Yep. That's why I found a way to do it (airdry in a bun or ponytail in one big braid). Plus, blowdrying is such a pain!

Janet'

Can't wait to get home to look at this!

I use this comb myself (got the idea from WestNDNbeauty)

ETA: Just watched the tut...Very nice!!!

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland

Awesome video. I brought that comb too because you recommend it and it really helps. thanks

LadyPBC

Can't wait to view your tutorial. I just bought the Maxiglide MP and I was going to take a stab at flat ironing my hair. I'm thrilled to know that I can do it without blowdrying first - YAY - and thanks!

Tiye

They have several different brands of the straightening comb on folica. Guess I need to watch the tutorial first to find out if there's a preferred one.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.

your hair is gorgeous! great vid

NaturalBoss

Great tutorial Nikstar. I have one of those combs but I've been too lazy to use it. You have inspired me to give it a try.

It's also available at ULTA (if y'all have ULTA's in your city).

classychic1908

Great video!! I bought a ceramic straightening comb from Sally's last winter. I felt like it pulled my hair too much, but maybe I should have done a better job detangling... I really need to work on my flat iron technique...smh

Again great video and beautiful hair!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

Your hair is incredible!:drunk: Thank you for making a video like that!

LaFemmeNaturelle

Just a question, but have you ever flat ironed your hair using the tension method with a regular small tooth comb or a brush and how do the results compare? Or even just pulling it taut. Just wondering if I should actually spend the money on this comb or use the straightening brush that I have (haven't tried it yet tho)

sweetlaughter

great video. thanks for the tut.

pookaloo83

It's like a cheaper maxiglide! :lol: Nice results!

nikki2229

Just a question, but have you ever flat ironed your hair using the tension method with a regular small tooth comb or a brush and how do the results compare? Or even just pulling it taut. Just wondering if I should actually spend the money on this comb or use the straightening brush that I have (haven't tried it yet tho)
If you follow the link above, the comb is only $2.23 with the shipping included.
I brought two last night.

Toy

Great video i just bought one of those combs and i was wondering how to use it.Thank you and you have beautiful hair.

LaFemmeNaturelle

If you follow the link above, the comb is only $2.23 with the shipping included.
I brought two last night.

Yeeaaah I know but.....times are hard. Between med school applications, books, rent, and bills, I sadly don't have 2 dollars to spare!