Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation HELP!!!! Is neutralizing shampoo necessary?....cause...I don't have any

I have relaxer in my hair, and I do not have any neutralizing shampoo. What the heck can I use to make sure all the relaxer gets out?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
NYE side boob.

Thanked 16,287 Times in 2,945 Posts
Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Tagged: 144 Thread(s)
Default Re: HELP!!!! Is neutralizing shampoo necessary?....cause...I don't have any

wow!! that doesn't sound too good. hopefully someone else can come in here and help you out.
didn't your kit come with a neutralizing shampoo?? when my mom relaxed her hair, there was always a small bottle of it in the box.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!! Is neutralizing shampoo necessary?....cause...I don't have any

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky91 View Post
wow!! that doesn't sound too good. hopefully someone else can come in here and help you out.
didn't your kit come with a neutralizing shampoo?? when my mom relaxed her hair, there was always a small bottle of it in the box.
LOL I knew somebody was gonna say that. I use the relaxer that comes ready mixed. I'm just gonna wash my hair with some Suave and haul tail to Walgreens.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)

You have relaxer in your head RIGHT NOW???!!!

This isn't gospel, but I recall having heard that apple cider vinegar can neutralize- its not preferable to neutralizing poo though.

Do a quick search and blessings to you.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Thanked 8,496 Times in 2,458 Posts
Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)

Yes! Don't put the relaxer in your hair until you have the neutralizing shampoo. You know that internet newstory about the lady in Europe who lost all of her hair because of an accident with a relaxer - it is because she didn't use neutralizing shampoo. Your local bss or sally's sells several different kinds of neutralizing shampoo separately - also isoplus neutralizing shampoo is available in some drugstores and supermarkets.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Ready to be APL

Thanked 4,209 Times in 1,294 Posts
Mentioned: 248 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuginthechi View Post
I have relaxer in my hair, and I do not have any neutralizing shampoo. What the heck can I use to make sure all the relaxer gets out?

Since you dont have: Rinsing for a long time and then use a regular shampoo a couple of times letting it sit for a few minutes each time, make sure to scrub alot especially on the scalp. I would also use an vinegar rinse to restore the natural ph of the hair/scalp. If you have hard water this would not be helpful, so use distilled water or filtered water with the vinegar. The amount you can use is 2 TB to 2 cups of water, making more if you have long hair.

Is there anyone you know that can give you some quickly? If not get some tomorrow and then wash your hair again a couple of times.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,973 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 44 Thread(s)

Get you a bottle of that ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo.....it works wonders!!!!

And make sure you leave it in for at least 5 minutes during your shampoo session to really get all the chems out

But i use this shampoo to clarify/neutralize and its really good stuff
Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Do what the other ladies have suggested. Then tie you hair up and get to the nearest 24 Walmart and purchase some neutralizing shampoo tonight. I would not take a chance of waiting until the next day.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:56 PM

Thanked 1,101 Times in 379 Posts
Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myjourney2009 View Post
Since you dont have: Rinsing for a long time and then use a regular shampoo a couple of times letting it sit for a few minutes each time, make sure to scrub alot especially on the scalp. I would also use an vinegar rinse to restore the natural ph of the hair/scalp. If you have hard water this would not be helpful, so use distilled water or filtered water with the vinegar. The amount you can use is 2 TB to 2 cups of water, making more if you have long hair.

Is there anyone you know that can give you some quickly? If not get some tomorrow and then wash your hair again a couple of times.
I agree with the bold. however, after you do what myjourney suggest I would hop in the car tonight and pick up some neutralizing shampoo.

Natural/fine/4b/medium density
Old 08-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Yes. Please get some as soon as possible. Do you have anyone who can bring you some?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:02 PM

Thanked 8,137 Times in 1,191 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Scary!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 PM

I just got back from Walgreens. They didn't have any at either Walgreens or CVS. I wound up buying a small kiddy perm kit for $2.99. Has plenty of neutralizer in it. I'm gonna deep condition my hair after I rinse it out. I think my hair is okay.

Thank you for all your suggestions ladies.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Relaxed/Texlaxed

Thanked 11,521 Times in 2,472 Posts
Mentioned: 321 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)

This is the second thread i've seen like this this summer. Why would you even relax your hair without making sure you have neutralizer?

i just don't understand some of y'all.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 29 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CherryPie* View Post
This is the second thread i've seen like this this summer. Why would you even relax your hair without making sure you have neutralizer?

i just don't understand some of y'all.
I actually almost had this happen to me recently, and believe me I try to make sure I have everything on hand before I commence. Meaning I spent a good hour or two basing my scalp and covering my previously relaxed hair. Once I felt ready to go, I looked everywhere for my neutralizing shampoo (big ole' bottle of Motions I had purchased a few months prior) before I started to apply my relaxer, could not find it anywhere. So I pinned up my now extremely oily hair (I base and cover with coconut oil, and it works very well!) and hot foot it to Sally's to get another bottle (after reading through the "I ain't got no neutralizing shampoo" threads I did not feel bold enough to take chances). So when I get home, I go through with the whole process, and when I'm finished I go to stash my brand new bottle of shampoo right where I thought I had left the other one, and guess what I found.... It was worth it, though; I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Thanked 1,789 Times in 458 Posts
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:

oh lord no. i hope u got the neutralizer. Last time someone didn't have any neutralizing shampoo (my cousin) and she decided it would be alright just to rinse longer, turned out it wasn't alright. the next day she was looking just like this--->
Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
I just got back from Walgreens. They didn't have any at either Walgreens or CVS. I wound up buying a small kiddy perm kit for $2.99. Has plenty of neutralizer in it. I'm gonna deep condition my hair after I rinse it out. I think my hair is okay.

Thank you for all your suggestions ladies.
Safe!!!!! *sigh of relief*