Itching and Crawlies???

Josie

Hi Ladies, someone posted about this problem about a month ago. I can't find the thread, but I happened to copy the OP's comments:
Anyone experiencing ITCHY, SORE, IRRITATED scalp from using Indian shampoos and/or Oils? Try CLARIFYING and reducing your frequency.

I went through really bad itching. My scalp was hurting really bad. No, this was not growth spurts! I felt irritation bumps begin to form. After going back and forth with my hair buddy (Shout out to Serenity_Peace) and testing it out, we discovered that the mineral oil in some of the Indian products is the likely culprit.

I just wanted to draw your attention to any possible reactions. I also realize not everyone may experience this.
HTH. Josie

Nazarite27

Hi Ladies, someone posted about this problem about a month ago. I can't find the thread, but I happened to copy the OP's comments:
Anyone experiencing ITCHY, SORE, IRRITATED scalp from using Indian shampoos and/or Oils? Try CLARIFYING and reducing your frequency.

I went through really bad itching. My scalp was hurting really bad. No, this was not growth spurts! I felt irritation bumps begin to form. After going back and forth with my hair buddy (Shout out to Serenity_Peace) and testing it out, we discovered that the mineral oil in some of the Indian products is the likely culprit.

I just wanted to draw your attention to any possible reactions. I also realize not everyone may experience this.
HTH. Josie

Josie, thanks for posting this. I reduced my frequency and sure enough that sore, itchy scalp went away. OMG!! I too thought that maybe I was allergic to something in the Alma oil.

ajargon02

I was wondering why all ya'll were having this reaction. I use the same powders,but I make my own infusions with jojoba, coconut oil and essential oils. I was thinking, wow, I'm not having this. I guess the mineral oil thing sounds like it might be the culprit. I hope all ya'll with this terrible itching feel better and it stops doin you like that.

LondonDiva

How is it going for you ladies? I had to stop using Vatika and Amla on my scalp when I started drawing from stracthing so much. I actually thought something was crawling up there and even went out and purchased a magnifying glass:perplexed. My husband thought I'd lost my mind!

I'm sorry this had me :lachen:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
What up, Josie :blowkiss:

Yes, I think it bears repeating because I've only been using Ayurveda:

1. Make sure you are purchasing items that are not out of date. Check the expiration dates. Sadly some of these products don't have them, but don't be afraid to ask the merchant. Better still, you can order items online, which may guarantee a bit more quality.

2. Clarify, clarify, clarify. I started to get the itches, too, but I just thought it was from sweaty workouts. But then I thought about it more: I never have itchy or irritated scalp and I seldom have problems with dandruff. The Ayurvedic remedies are the only thing I'm doing differently so it must be that.:sad: