My hair is shedding and thinning so bad I am at a lost for what to do!!

Bmack

My hair just keeps shedding. It will not stop! I work out and it gets really dry so I was wondering if that was what was making it shed ...but it was shedding before I was really working out. I am just so scared i will be bald in a few weeks...this shedding is bad...clumps and clumps of hair. :nono: someone please help...

protein is not working.:sad:

yodie

Sounds like your hair may need some moisture and a great moisturizing conditioner treatment. My hair was dry and started shedding a lot.

Try this after you've done a protein treatment.

• CW hair
  • Use a great conditioner
  • While your hair is still wet, spritz it down with SCurl spray.
  • Apply castor oil to the ends and shaft
  • Twist your hair and let it air dry.
Try this two days in a row and see if it helps. I stand by SCurl. Whenever my hair is severly dry, I do the above (just added castor oil to my mix) and it gets much better.

Hope it works.

yodie

My hair just keeps shedding. It will not stop! I work out and it gets really dry so I was wondering if that was what was making it shed ...but it was shedding before I was really working out. I am just so scared i will be bald in a few weeks...this shedding is bad...clumps and clumps of hair. :nono: someone please help...

protein is not working.:sad:

Forgot to ask if you've done something different to your hair, i.e. chemical treatment ?

You'll also need a GREAT leave in and don't use any heat for awhile. I'm sure you know all of this.

Hang on, it'll get better.

naijaGal

Hi,

I get this sometimes, suggest you look up SistaSlicks posting on shedding and breakage. It's very good, very informative, makes a great deal of sense.

You might also want to try Boundless Tresses to get the hair to grow back thicker / quicker. I've found I really need to moisturise a lot with BT. I used it for 2wks and lost a lot of hair due to shedding. My hair was quite dry. I should have known better and added moisture but I was just so overwhelmed with the rapid results from BT I didn't want anything interfering with it. I'm back on it now as I've got the protein / conditioning balance sorted, I hope.

Don't forget your greens, plenty of water and daily vits. All help.

BTW, ur hair can't be as bad as mine so try not to let it get you down too much.

texasqt

Definitely agree with these ladies. Sistaslick's articles are so informative. Also look at this sticky by Supergirl.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=93610

Keep us posted on what worked for you.

Sistaslick's method worked for me too! Almost immediately!

Additionally, pay attention to what new products you've recently added into your regimen. I would do a Sistaslick to my hair and everything would be fine but the minute I used ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer in the bottle I was back to shed city! I had been using it twice a day not realizing my hair did not like it at all. It took me a while to figure out that was it. Others on the board praise it, but it didn't work for me. So as the saying goes, what works for some may not work for all. I don't know if I was allergic to something in it that cause my hair to shed from the scalp and break! but now whenever I apply something to my hair, I check my strands before and after to see how it changes my hair. If it doesn't make my hair soft and moisturized, I can't use it!

LABETT

I suggest adding Nutrine Garlic poo to your regimen to help with shedding or Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

Tee

I suggest adding Nutrine Garlic poo to your regimen to help with shedding or Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

I am using Nutrine Garlic Poo now. I can tell a difference. Also, try Essations Mender. This has done me right everytime! I hope you get it all under control. Shedding is no joke!

Bmack

Forgot to ask if you've done something different to your hair, i.e. chemical treatment ?

You'll also need a GREAT leave in and don't use any heat for awhile. I'm sure you know all of this.

Hang on, it'll get better.

I am not doing anything different...though I have not been doing any deep conditioning. I can't stand getting in and out of the shower, I may do that tommorow though. Thank you so much for your sound advice.

healthynhappy

Deep condition w/Blackstrapp molasses - helped to stopped my shedding

Also - silk amino acids from lotioncrafters.com stops shedding. That stuff is amazing. Talk about being able to run your fingers thru your hair....

locabouthair

i heard shikakai is helful with shedding and garlic shampoos. just make sure you use a good moisturizing conditioner with the garlic poo because some of them can be really drying. you try pre poowith a conditoner also to prevent the dryness from the poo.

Bmack

Thanks ladies, I am about to wash and condition I have none of the things you mentioned but I will get them next week, or during the week. I have Keracare products, and Nexxus...I am going to do a deep, deep condition.

iaec06

I am so sorry to hear that you are shedding I use to have this problem when I take my braids out. I have little of that now that I have been caring for it. I no how you feel I thought that I was going to cry blood when this happened to me ... but believe me it will all stop soon ok